[3.4.0][Consecrated Path / Reave / BF] [BERS - dual crit] (Uber Elder / Aul / U Atziri - videos)

"
t1nytr0n wrote:
"
bismonti wrote:
Since most of your elemental damage comes from lightning damage, you may consider using purity of lightning. It increases your maximum lightning resistance by %4. I haven't tried yet so i can't tell if it is gonna work but worth trying i guess.

Unfortunately can't run a third aura, since we already have Hatred and Herald of Ash (75% mana reserved).

You can run a 3rd aura using Enlighten 4. With a decent mana pool, you will still have enough mana to cast.

Or get "Charisma" node which provides an additional 12% reduction to mana reserve (not worth it though as too many points are needed to get there).

You can even run arctic armor for free if you wear

and get a 4th aura. Again, probably not advisable since Lightning Coil is just too good when coupled with Abyssus.
Last edited by kira1414 on Dec 24, 2016, 10:50:06 PM
So I've reached lvl 92 with this build and I'm having a great time with it (best build I've used).
I think this build is relatively newb-friendly because it is cheap and doesn't require tons of skill.
Also, it's tons of fun because you can just facetank most things and feel powerful.
The DPS seems really good and the survivability is good (might not be Hardcore-viable - but it's definitely no "glass cannon").

Since the original guide doesn't say much it might be a little confusing for beginners, so I wanna give a few additional tips for the newbs out there who want to try this build (as kind of a newb myself, I highly recommend it!).

- Throughout leveling, always watch your Intelligence stat : you need to have enough Int for leveling the Increased AOE gem, the Concentrated Effect gem, for the claw, and (later on) for Doryani's Catalyst.
Because you're a Marauder, you don't get much Intelligence via the Passive Tree.
So, you should always have some +Intelligence gear, it's easier to get it on jewels (Turquoise Amulet for instance) and on the helm if needed.

- For leveling you can use any weapon you want. You don't specifically need a claw until you reach the claw nodes on the Passive Tree.
It is best to use a claw, a dagger or 1H sword in the main-hand for Whirling blades, which is a great movement skill.
In the off-hand, get a Brightbeak as early as you can. It is really cheap, and it can carry you all the way to late merciless (and more), provided you have a decent weapon in the main-hand.
At level 68 you can get Touch of Anguish (unique claw) as a main weapon, dirt cheap, and it can carry you for a while.

- You can use Facebreaker or Maligaro's Virtuosity (unique gloves, cheap) to boost your DPS (provided you have enough elemental resistance on the rest of your gear). Otherwise just use rare gloves with increased physical damage and / or attack speed.

- Try to get some Added Physical Damage on your rings and amulet.

- Don't trust the DPS tooltip for Blade Flurry!
The tooltip is just "Damage per Use". By itself, it is quite meaningless.
You need to combine this stat with your APS stat (attacks per second) to get a sense of your real DPS.

- Once you start mapping (lvl 70+), your top priority should be to get a 5L Lightning Coil, which will improve your survivability by quite a lot.
At this point, make sure to have lots of Lightning Resistance on your gear, since Lightning Coil removes 60% of it. You absolutely NEED the lightning res to be capped, or you will die.

- Then, when you have enough currency, you can acquire Abyssus for a huge DPS boost.
You should definitely have Vaal Pact at this point.

- Then, upgrade your claw. Try to get a ~300 Physical DPS claw. 300+ pDPS weapons are generally quite expensive, but you can just patiently monitor the market until you find a good deal. Got mine for only 30c. Once you upgrade your claw, your clear speed should improve by A LOT (and also you get to freeze everything again, which feels really good - Touch of Anguish feels bad since it basically removes freeze).

- Then, when you can, acquire Doryani's Catalyst. It should boost your DPS even more.

- For bosses : swap Increased AOE gem with Concentrated Effect gem for max single-target damage. Bosses should melt away.
Also, use Vaal Haste.

- For Uber lab now (I've seen many people complain in this thread that Uber lab is a pain with this build). Traps deal a lot of physical damage. Abyssus increases physical damage taken by 40-50%. So, it's very dangerous to wear Abyssus for Uber lab. Just don't wear Abyssus for Uber lab and trials (replace with rare helmet with lots of life) and you will be completely fine.

- Map mods : this build can clear almost everything with ease. People in this thread complain about elemental reflect, but it's not a problem for me on a 5L setup (not using WED support gem). Reflect should be fine once you get Vaal Pact. The only really dangerous combination I stumbled upon was shocked ground + monster ele reflect = insta-rip.

- Jewels : get %life in priority, then crit multiplier / attack speed / physical damage / melee damage / area damage.

- Flask : I like to use 1 life flask (because Blood Rage), Basalt for survivability, Diamond for DPS, Atziri's Promise for a bit of both. Lion's Roar if you can afford it (I dropped mine).
Last edited by t1nytr0n on Dec 25, 2016, 8:36:19 PM
"
t1nytr0n wrote:
So I've reached lvl 92 with this build and I'm having a great time with it (best build I've used).
I think this build is relatively newb-friendly because it is cheap and doesn't require tons of skill.
Also, it's tons of fun because you can just facetank most things and feel powerful.
The DPS seems really good and the survivability is good (might not be Hardcore-viable - but it's definitely no "glass cannon").

Since the original guide doesn't say much it might be a little confusing for beginners, so I wanna give a few additional tips for the newbs out there who want to try this build (as kind of a newb myself, I highly recommend it!).

- Throughout leveling, always watch your Intelligence stat : you need to have enough Int for leveling the Increased AOE gem, the Concentrated Effect gem, for the claw, and (later on) for Doryani's Catalyst.
Because you're a Marauder, you don't get much Intelligence via the Passive Tree.
So, you should always have some +Intelligence gear, it's easier to get it on jewels (Turquoise Amulet for instance) and on the helm if needed.

- For leveling you can use any weapon you want. You don't specifically need a claw until you reach the claw nodes on the Passive Tree.
It is best to use a claw, a dagger or 1H sword in the main-hand for Whirling blades, which is a great movement skill.
In the off-hand, get a Brightbeak as early as you can. It is really cheap, and it can carry you all the way to late merciless (and more), provided you have a decent weapon in the main-hand.
At level 68 you can get Touch of Anguish (unique claw) as a main weapon, dirt cheap, and it can carry you for a while.

- You can use Facebreaker or Maligaro's Virtuosity (unique gloves, cheap) to boost your DPS (provided you have enough elemental resistance on the rest of your gear). Otherwise just use rare gloves with increased physical damage and / or attack speed.

- Try to get some Added Physical Damage on your rings and amulet.

- Don't trust the DPS tooltip for Blade Flurry!
The tooltip is just "Damage per Use". By itself, it is quite meaningless.
You need to combine this stat with your APS stat (attacks per second) to get a sense of your real DPS.

- Once you start mapping (lvl 70+), your top priority should be to get a 5L Lightning Coil, which will improve your survivability by quite a lot.
At this point, make sure to have lots of Lightning Resistance on your gear, since Lightning Coil removes 60% of it. You absolutely NEED the lightning res to be capped, or you will die.

- Then, when you have enough currency, you can acquire Abyssus for a huge DPS boost.
You should definitely have Vaal Pact at this point.

- Then, upgrade your claw. Try to get a ~300 Physical DPS claw. 300+ pDPS weapons are generally quite expensive, but you can just patiently monitor the market until you find a good deal. Got mine for only 30c. Once you upgrade your claw, your clear speed should improve by A LOT (and also you get to freeze everything again, which feels really good - Touch of Anguish feels bad since it basically removes freeze).

- Then, when you can, acquire Doryani's Catalyst. It should boost your DPS even more.

- For bosses : swap Increased AOE gem with Concentrated Effect gem for max single-target damage. Bosses should melt away.
Also, use Vaal Haste.

- For Uber lab now (I've seen many people complain in this thread that Uber lab is a pain with this build). Traps deal a lot of physical damage. Abyssus increases physical damage taken by 40-50%. So, it's very dangerous to wear Abyssus for Uber lab. Just don't wear Abyssus for Uber lab and trials (replace with rare helmet with lots of life) and you will be completely fine.

- Map mods : this build can clear almost everything with ease. People in this thread complain about elemental reflect, but it's not a problem for me on a 5L setup (not using WED support gem). Reflect should be fine once you get Vaal Pact. The only really dangerous combination I stumbled upon was shocked ground + monster ele reflect = insta-rip.

- Jewels : get %life in priority, then crit multiplier / attack speed / physical damage / melee damage / area damage.

- Flask : I like to use 1 life flask (because Blood Rage), Basalt for survivability, Diamond for DPS, Atziri's Promise for a bit of both. Lion's Roar if you can afford it (I dropped mine).

Very nice write up for the new comers. :)

Don't mind me adding a few things to spice it up further.

Ultimately you will want to get

as you will regain your life regen. It makes mapping and lab a breeze.

This is my flask setup:
Spoiler

- Life flask with bleed immunity for obvious reasons
- Ruby flask so that I can tank through fire breach with ease
- Topaz flask so that I can remove shock and tank through lightning breach with ease. It also helps to further mitigate Abyssus side-effect
- Taste of Hate (you can use Sapphire flask in place too) so that I can tank through cold breach with ease + huge damage boost
- Mana flask with freeze immunity, I used a mana flask here because you can have 5 use with a full flask and it recharges really fast.

Flasks I swap to:

- Quicksilver flask for trials and lab
- Atziri's Promise flask for chaos resist and more damage

I used this flask setup so I don't have to bother about what type of breach I will run into during regular mapping.

Also, I posted earlier, based on my tests, the dagger tree will perform better in end game because of more crit multipler and extra poison damage. Eventually you might want to progress to that.
Last edited by kira1414 on Dec 25, 2016, 11:59:44 PM
"
t1nytr0n wrote:

Tnx for this, but i have few remarks about it:

1) Abysus and 5L Lightning Coil must be weared at same time.
since this moment u shouldt worry about +Phys on amuls/rings

2) first of all u should update yor offhend to Doryani's, then make it 6l, and only after begin to loking 300+ weapon, cos its extrimly expensive, 70% of endgame cost - its weapon (and y just a lucky man to by it for 30c).

3) this build dont bind to Claw only, u could use Dagers or Swords(rapiers) too, just respec passive tree when u will get good weapon.

4) Vaal pact+Blood rage made u asspain? just place BR gem to main or offhend weapon, and double tap to "X" (weapon swap by default) will solve this problem. (u have to have any tipe of weapon there)

5) Best opions for jevels: phys damage, all kind of attack speed, incr. AOE damage, resistances if u need it, but NEVER +%HP, and NEVER any kind of crit options.

Anyway, thanks for this, author didnt know englesh well, whats why buld post contains so littel of description that you provide.
Last edited by Mikes_Mekazukatoto on Dec 26, 2016, 2:43:03 AM
"
kira1414 wrote:

Yep, since the author of build just desappear.
"
kira1414 wrote:

Don't mind me adding a few things to spice it up further.

Ultimately you will want to get

as you will regain your life regen. It makes mapping and lab a breeze.

This is my flask setup:
Spoiler

- Life flask with bleed immunity for obvious reasons
- Ruby flask so that I can tank through fire breach with ease
- Topaz flask so that I can remove shock and tank through lightning breach with ease. It also helps to further mitigate Abyssus side-effect
- Taste of Hate (you can use Sapphire flask in place too) so that I can tank through cold breach with ease + huge damage boost
- Mana flask with freeze immunity, I used a mana flask here because you can have 5 use with a full flask and it recharges really fast.

Flasks I swap to:

- Quicksilver flask for trials and lab
- Atziri's Promise flask for chaos resist and more damage

I used this flask setup so I don't have to bother about what type of breach I will run into during regular mapping.

Also, I posted earlier, based on my tests, the dagger tree will perform better in end game because of more crit multipler and extra poison damage. Eventually you might want to progress to that.

Thanks for covering the end-game! (I only meant to cover the basics).
Love the idea of the eternal mana flask for immunity spam, especially for some boss fights where refilling is difficult. Learn something new everyday in PoE :)
"

Tnx for this, but i have few remarks about it:

1) Abysus and 5L Lightning Coil must be weared at same time.
since this moment u shouldt worry about +Phys on amuls/rings

Totally agree! Although I still think you should try to get some +Phys on jewelry since it's not very hard to get.
"

2) first of all u should update yor offhend to Doryani's, then make it 6l, and only after begin to loking 300+ weapon, cos its extrimly expensive, 70% of endgame cost - its weapon (and y just a lucky man to by it for 30c).

Yeah I guess I got lucky! But you can still easily get one for 1~2ex, claws are just much cheaper than daggers.
"

3) this build dont bind to Claw only, u could use Dagers or Swords(rapiers) too, just respec passive tree when u will get good weapon.

Yes daggers are better, but a lot more expensive. Claws will do just fine if you're broke like me :)
"

4) Vaal pact+Blood rage made u asspain? just place BR gem to main or offhend weapon, and double tap to "X" (weapon swap by default) will solve this problem. (u have to have any tipe of weapon there)

Yes I do that, thanks for the tip though! Beginners will want to know about that trick.
"

5) Best opions for jevels: phys damage, all kind of attack speed, incr. AOE damage, resistances if u need it, but NEVER +%HP, and NEVER any kind of crit options.

Gotta ask, why not %life and crit multi (I agree about crit chance being useless, but crit multi = efficient way to increase DPS)?
"

Anyway, thanks for this, author didnt know englesh well, whats why buld post contains so littel of description that you provide.

Thanks for your tips :)
Hi , i lost +- 250 dmg on tooltip when i use doryani's, with death's hand + charge i win 250 dmg on tooltip if i compare with doryani's , but i win +- 4-5 % crit chance.

Wath's the best option plz ?

Thanks , gl
nice build thx
"
Mystrielle wrote:
Hi , i lost +- 250 dmg on tooltip when i use doryani's, with death's hand + charge i win 250 dmg on tooltip if i compare with doryani's , but i win +- 4-5 % crit chance.

Wath's the best option plz ?

Thanks , gl

Use Doryani. It will give you more damage per hit. Death's hand damage is basically inflated by power charges pushing your crit chance to 95%.

Damage from Unholy Might is not optimized as the skill tree does not utilize damage over time nodes.

You can easily test this out by killing the boss of a white map (so that map mods don't interfere with the test). Compare the killing time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info