[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

I'm using the unique bow of xoph and find it synergies very well with taming. Anyone tried this out?
"
miku_luo wrote:
I'm using the unique bow of xoph and find it synergies very well with taming. Anyone tried this out?

No fire burst = lots of DPS lost. There may be some solid builds using the Xoph bows, but I think they'd become wholly distinct from this one.
"
TimeDilation wrote:
"
miku_luo wrote:

No fire burst = lots of DPS lost. There may be some solid builds using the Xoph bows, but I think they'd become wholly distinct from this one.

With the built-in EP I'm stacking more ignites on boss and mob packs, doesn't feel like dps droping. Moreover I can get a quiver which provides extra life.
"
TimeDilation wrote:

What he said... while Xoph's Bow provides similar healing to Razor combined with the benefits of a Hysteria Helmet, you will need a very different skill tree dish out serious damage. Not to mention the loss of Fortify.
Last edited by tomay on Jan 14, 2017, 5:54:01 AM
"
Akilae94 wrote:
Could abberath boots be better than rare ones ?

No life, mediocre movement, very high cost (they're worth some 4-5ex in Breach right now, I think), no resists...

You're giving up a *lot* for that one thing. Plus all of the opportunity costs inferred by trying to cover resists and life. And that one thing only benefits you if you're constantly moving, which is both contrary to AFK and makes AA largely useless and thereby reduces our mitigation.

I imagine they're a fun item, but the opportunity costs strike me as far, far too large to justify here.
I made a few changes to the tree and gem setup.

I sacrificed the topmost jewel slot (3 points) and used those to get dual curse.

The high-level CWDT setup then gets Elemental Weakness (instead of Arctic Armour, which goes in chest instead. Bonus points for not needing an expensive 6L chest then too ;).

I also changed a few of the middle life nodes to take the ones above Vaal Pact, as it gives me more other useful nodes too, as well as some much needed dex (you lose no life and it is still a 112 point tree)

Here's the lvl 90 tree:

Also, it seems Elemental Reflect maps require taking off the Fire Burst weapon, as I found that it just oneshots me in packs. Swap in anything else that interacts with the build (Dyadus in mainhand, 2nd Razor, or just a plain spellpower mace or whatever you have)

Last edited by Entity on Jan 14, 2017, 8:01:22 AM
Why 2 curses ? I dont see any other curse in build or am I wrong ?
"
Scipion75 wrote:
Why 2 curses ? I dont see any other curse in build or am I wrong ?

Hehe thanks for explanation I am not so blind... But elemental weakness is one, what is the second curse? If you take Whispers of Doom its to be able to cast 2 curses on ennemies, isnt it ?
"
Scipion75 wrote:
Hehe thanks for explanation I am not so blind... But elemental weakness is one, what is the second curse? If you take Whispers of Doom its to be able to cast 2 curses on ennemies, isnt it ?

Oh, hehe, I assumed you looked at the original build and noticed the Flammability there >_>

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info