[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

Okay so i got my soft paws on both oro and lollipop

dont have eye of innocence yet, so tested on red beasts

dont have watchers eye yet, so it was shaper life gain on hit by spells

Lollipop
+ looks like lollipop
+ insane spell damage boost. flat damage, 100% fire increase and fire pen all apply to spells
it triples CWDT 1 spells dps like unearth and ball lightning and doubles CWDT 20 spells dps like volatile. Red beast's ads are washed away with spell spam even before they touch molten strike balls.
+ staff attack speed jewels are cheap as duck :333
+ vengeance procs off cd, sweet 50k dps ontop with no investment if magma balls are socketed in weapon
+ immortal call prevents only physical, so 30% block is suddenly good o_O

- its insanely slow, leap slam like pregnant
- up to 10% dps loss on molten strike
- shaper doesnt attack, so we have to add something like rumi to proc fire pen

Oro
+ we can flicker :3
+ we can use rotgut :3
+ 20% ignite chance is huge
+ smooth leap slaming

- 10% moar damage taken
- cull your beasts before you can throw net!

Thoughts
its kinda dumb, oro is better at clearing cuz flicker, leap slam and all, but lollipop is better at cleaning cuz afk damage

for bosses same shit - oro is better cuz we kill faster, cull and can reposition easier, but martyr is better cuz we not only block, but also dont have 10% increased punishment taken

for now i just have both of them, with flicker in oro and one more cwdt setup in martyr and without leap slam at all.

=================================================================

EDIT

i got my soft pads on eye of innocence

uberlab steamroll but i killed both leutenants and fonts with collateral damage >_<
normal atziri steamroll with two deaths on mirror >_<

both with martyr

conclusion - fun as hell but needs ancestral call swap away or something whatever
Last edited by poepopoe on Mar 6, 2018, 9:02:28 AM
"
ChrispieD wrote:
"
azamantes wrote:
Why is everyone excited for this melee afk thing ?

Have you seen the mods those red beasts have ? Endurance charges generation, life regen, can spawn a million ads...

Not gonna say anything about play-style (everybody has their preference) but being ranged is a better defensive option.

If u don't get hit, you can't die, but many think that is not as fun. That's why melee version can be interesting. Also the melee version can get permanent immortal call, which the poet's pen version just lost.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Modified the wild stirke guys POB a bit for the afk build to show dps numbers and potential health.
https://pastebin.com/LSa79pqg

Hi, first of all thanks! Very nice build and well explained. Wanted to try this for some time now.
So are we going for Marauder/Juggernaut in 3.2, right? I've seen the pastebin seems you are choosing active setup. No changes for the AFK setup in 3.2?
What do you suggest to replace the Watchery Eye for sustain? The price for the only one in the trade is a little absurd lol.
"
garravich wrote:

Hi, first of all thanks! Very nice build and well explained. Wanted to try this for some time now.
So are we going for Marauder/Juggernaut in 3.2, right? I've seen the pastebin seems you are choosing active setup. No changes for the AFK setup in 3.2?

kinda :3 cwdt 17 ic 17, you can leave it alone or add curses/blood rage. cwdt 20 with volatile, cremation, detonate or whatever(pob says that firestorm is also damaging). cwdt 1 with atleast unearth. prev setup had ice spears, it might be reasonable. I prrsonally use ball lightning. all that will leave one more gear piece for leap slam, anger and whatever

"
vempire_ghost wrote:
What do you suggest to replace the Watchery Eye for sustain? The price for the only one in the trade is a little absurd lol.

shaper ring with life gain on spell hit(its rippy as hell cuz you ignite with molten bursts which is not spell, use on huge packs with caution) or ngamahu ring with life gain on ignite.

I think I go with ngama ring, sound more safe and reliable.
kinda sudden update

even on pure fire build two grelwood shanks do exceptionally good

not only we have free points cuz point blank, we also add this 4 proj to any our afk spam

we can throw away gmp on unearth and ball lightning

it gives kinda edge for cremation, and while volatile is still bis for damage, im thinking about swapping detonate dead with something projectile based like magma orb.

armor and IR bonus is meh, but 4 proj to each of hits = more ignites, so it doesnt even a drop in defenses comparing to martyr

also very important, whirling blades is 5000% more faster than martyr leap slam and a bit faster than oro leap slam

what we lose?

free 4l vengeance =(

flicker strike clearing swap =(((

it gimps our clear speed to only molten strike

im thinking about something like wings of entropy cleave swap, or some elder/shaped pseudo 6l one handed weapons, the only real problem is we are starving for gem slots badly

Could you do something like this using the new indigon with CWDT? im just not smart enough to think of anything but looks like a cool item.
I am going with the build ChrispieD suggested, I am using a Oro with 5L with Wild Strike to clear trash, and the clear speed is insane, just jump in a middle of a pack, use wild strike and the whole screen just explode, very satisfying xD
And on bosses I have a Martyr with Molten Strike for more tankiness and single target damage.

I am doing tier 9 now, and its easy with all mods, only elemental reflect I avoid, trying to drop some red maps, but my RNG isn't that good :(

I am using Watchery Eye, not using VP and using the combo with the amulet and the rings, so far is really good and is more tank then the Poet Pen from the pass league.
Died for the first time after start mapping, in a T10 map with +80% damage as light and fire in a breach, my life simple melted lol.

But I found something really fun, running elemental reflect with martyr is so cool, you go all the old passive style, just run and watch a tide of spells killing everything, include the boss... good old times. But if I go with Oros I just kill myself in the first pack lulz.

Now I need some luck to find the 3 trials that I missing to run the uber lab.
Just did a T13 Shrine whit no regen, no leech and -11% to maximum elemental resistance, died two time to fist phase Piety because run out of mana to leap slam, the second phase did all without any mana potion and life, just with afk damage and runing from de light rain.

I still didn't find the last trial, so no uber lab ascendancy :(

Edit: Just did Elder in a Yellow Tier, just facetanked all phases :)
Last edited by vempire_ghost on Mar 24, 2018, 12:42:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info