[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

Speaking of Vortex: although we're only dealing fire damage with Avatar, we still get the chilled ground effect.
We can get chilled ground from Arctic Breath and it less laggy.
I know, and it's not that we really want or need chill anyway. We want them coming at us hard and fast. :D

Just saying...
"
chotaBK wrote:

hey chrispie, if i didnt want to switch out to vaal haste/inc dura/blood rage what would be the MOST optimal gems in there and what level. thanks. this is a really fun build.

I don't really know. What I would recommend is a skill that hits instantly and a skill with a latency before hit.
Eg. fireball+flame surge.
Flame surge + magma orb.
Arc+flamesurge or magma orb
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
"
TimeDilation wrote:
[
The helm having low level spells is countered by ignite requiring a minimum percentage of the mob's health being done to it to actually inflict the ignite; you can have 100% chance to ignite and it won't matter with hits that are far too weak. Low level spells will pretty much never do that against champions and bosses, and might even have issues with generic mooks in high tier maps.

I understand your concerb, but it is important for me to share the way of how to do it right, because otherwise I will get lots of whispers why the build doesn't work etc.

As tomey mentioned there is no minimum damage for ignites, as there are for shocks and freezes. However, I find it hard to burn if your hit does less than 1 damage. This won't happen with us.

Our spell that does the lowest damage on our lvl1 CWDT links is blade vortex lvl 8 doing 35-52 dmg per hit.

The lowest hits will do 35/2 dmg (avatar of fire), which is 17.5 damage per hit. CWDT lvl 1 has a 0.3 damage multiplier, which makes you do 5.25 dmg (0.3*17.5).

Then our passive tree and gear gives us a dmg multplier of 3.95 (89 sceptre 30 2xmoku's
70 eye of innocence 106 skilltree). Elemental overload gives us 40% more damage an also berserker gives 40% more damage. 5.25*3.95*1.4*1.4=40,65 damage.

Now if the boss for eg. haves 80% fire res (which I don't think they can reach anymore as they removed that map mod) they will take 20% of the damage I make, which is 8.12 dmg. 8.12>1, which means every single hit will ignite. All other spells do more damage then this in the helmet and will ignite.

The whole point of using eye of innoscence and razor of the seventh sun is to mitigate small hits that don't activate our cloaked in savegry. Our whole point of our helm with its mod is to ignite as much as possible, so I beg you all to not level up your cast when damage taken in the helmet. It is the very foundation of the build and it will brick if you all start to level it up.

IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
Thanks for the answers to my last batch of question !
Another one : how does the helmet BV interacts with the main setup BV ? Does it refresh the initial cast of BV and benefits of all the gems in our body armor ? are the casts of BV from the helmet and those from the body armor calculated independently ? Is the first cast of BV the one that takes precedence over all the next one ?
Hi, trying to level zerker for this build. Now 65 and got right gear (even this baby
).

If I got it right time to switch from FB/Shield charge is around 70 level and cruel lab?

Are boots/gloves/belt only good source of resistance?

Up to BV - does stacks from main attack and CWDT in Helm cancel each other? What is other choice then?
Spark->GMP Or Lighting tendrills+?? ?
The BV gem in the helmet does not benefit from gems linked to BV in your chest nor do they "interact", i.e. it does not "refresh" the manually cast BV. Their stacks and hits are calculated independently, not overriding each other.
@lapilesos

The "right" time to switch is when you got the Cruel ascendancy points (Cloaked in Savagery) and meet the level requirements for your essenced sceptre and helmet.

And good luck to you with colouring your "baby". For the currently recommended BV setup you'll need five off-colours, Fire Penetration has been replaced with Chance to Ignite which makes a lot of sense. It gets even worse if you go the "Lightning" route (Spark, Tendrils, Ark), then you'll need six off-colours.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 16, 2016, 5:44:57 AM
First of all thank you for this amazing build. It ignited a passion for this old game again. I'm level 85 in breach league and I've been playing around with the build for a while now. As far as maps go I can only die for the cursed blood packs, and even then, I only die when I don't pay attention to the stack count, but in my defense It sometimes go up crazy fast!

Now to the matter in hands...

I began to get overconfident with this build, It really passes up that feeling of immortality. As a result I ended up trying to afk tank Uber lab with my mapping setup, wich uses a Rat Cage with 4L VMS (BTW if any of you guys haven't tried this combo yet, you have no idea what this build can do to high tier map bosses!).

Well...as expected i died on the second trial. The first one was a very easy tank. When I was alone with the boss on the second trial, one hit got me to like 30% life and the next one killed me. I know I wasn't supposed to try lab with that setup and VMS won't even charge to be used on the boss. But my question here is:

To straight up tank and farm uber lab would it be safer to:

1 - 6L Belly of the Beast with -> Blade vortex lvl 20 (to fill up life between his hits)

2 - Kaom's Heart and trust the ascendancy to fill up the life.

And here goes my gear (I know i still need the essence in my helm. This setup is just a "It's gonna work" setup. I'm working on the upgrades and I don't feel like the essence will make any difference on the lab boss and btw I don't even miss the helm essence in maps, i guess the emberwake makes up for the lack of ignites from helm as it stacks up the ignites I get.)

This setup runs smooth on Tier 10 with any mods, double boss and double beyond. And breaches with VMS are a blast!

6.300 life, capped resists, and i chose a dagger for those nice whirling blades.

Spoiler
Last edited by Hummertime on Dec 16, 2016, 6:08:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info