[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
johnnystfu wrote:
Are you leveling all gems linked to CwCH to level 20?

Hell yeah! That's the whole point of this exercise. :D

"
johnnystfu wrote:
I'm using just Blade Flurry for sustain trought hight dps

I don't know about Blade Flurry but the combined damage output of Incinerate, Blade Vortex, Bladefall, and Firestorm does not fall behind the original 6-link Blade Vortex setup.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 7, 2016, 11:05:21 AM
Heya,
having a blast with this build in breach right now. But I have two questions:

1. I'm not really familiar with crafting, how exactly does the essence "reforging" work (especially on the sceptre)? Should I take a rare which already has good stats, i.e. lots of spell/ele damage? Or do the previous stats then get overridden and I should rather take a normal sceptre and just hope the rolls are good?

2. How crucial is eye of innocence? I get that it is very good (though I'm not sure whether thats because of the +damage while ignited or the 100 damage taken for more CWDT procs?), but at the current point it is kinda unobtainable. I'm starting to run T1 maps right now and so far it seems fine without it, but yeah wanted to ask anyway...
Any comment on the new Xoph bows, particularly Xoph's Nurture?

Asking because they also have life recovery on ignite.
"
Lys1gen wrote:
Heya,
having a blast with this build in breach right now. But I have two questions:

1. I'm not really familiar with crafting, how exactly does the essence "reforging" work (especially on the sceptre)? Should I take a rare which already has good stats, i.e. lots of spell/ele damage? Or do the previous stats then get overridden and I should rather take a normal sceptre and just hope the rolls are good?

On a rare sceptre the Essence will delete all existing mod and randomly roll new mods, but you will get the guaranteed Fire Burst mod.

As for the base, make sure you get a Void or Opal Sceptre, these have the highest implicit elemental damage (40%). They have different level and INT requirements (Opal 60/131, Void 68/122)

Another important factor for crafting is the internal item level (mouse-over item, press ALT). You can only get the highest tier of spell damage on scepters with an ilvl of 84 or higher) but ilvl 74 should suffice for our purposes. If you do not get any increased spell damage you can craft up to 44% with Catrina (lvl 6) provided the sceptre has a slot free for another prefix, that is. Other desired mods are flat elemental damage added to spells (preferably fire, prefix), increased fire damage (suffix), increased cast speed (suffix).

"
Lys1gen wrote:
2. How crucial is eye of innocence? I get that it is very good (though I'm not sure whether thats because of the +damage while ignited or the 100 damage taken for more CWDT procs?), but at the current point it is kinda unobtainable. I'm starting to run T1 maps right now and so far it seems fine without it, but yeah wanted to ask anyway...

As I said above, Eye is rather essential for this build in late game but don't you worry, the Guardian of the Phoenix will soon swamp poe.trade with this amulet. ;)
"
ZeDestructor wrote:
Any comment on the new Xoph bows, particularly Xoph's Nurture?

Asking because they also have life recovery on ignite.

Xoph's Nurture is a unique item, your Essences are no good here. ;)

(The main source of damage here is Fire Burst from Essence of Hysteria.)

Last edited by tomay on Dec 7, 2016, 2:04:17 PM
Thank you for earlier answers. I have one more question. When you use Hysteria on Helmet or Mace, What if there is no place for adding an Hysteria option? How does it work? Is every option changed and you just get what Hysteria gives item? I don't understand 'Reforge a rare item'
Last edited by Broadmoon on Dec 8, 2016, 5:01:12 AM
"
Broadmoon wrote:
Thank you for earlier answers. I have one more question. When you use Hysteria on Helmet or Mace, What if there is no place for adding an Hysteria option? How does it work? Is every option changed and you just get what Hysteria gives item? I don't understand 'Reforge a rare item'

It completely rerolls it, even dropping/removing and ignoring master crafts (so you can't prevent it from rolling melee mods, for example). So it can have garbage enchants, or be white, and it'll be the same as applying the essence to a 6-mod uber rolls. I think all that matters is the ilvl of the base.
-
Last edited by isgz on Dec 8, 2016, 10:57:03 AM
"
TimeDilation wrote:
"
Broadmoon wrote:
I think all that matters is the ilvl of the base.

Item lvl 84 is only required for tier 1 increased spell damage (75% to 79%) and knowing the RNGesus, you'd have spam a shit ton of Hysterias to get it. :D

Next one down is ilvl 76 for t1 increased fire damage and then ilvl 74 for t1 flat elemental damage to spells.

As for the helmet, the Royal Burgonet offeres the highest base armour rating. Item level 84 only required for T1 increased armour % and T1 resistances. T2 armour % and resistances are covered with ilvl 72, which also has the chance for T1 Life and T1 flat armour rolls.

For more detailed info check poeaffix.net.
"
Broadmoon wrote:
I don't understand 'Reforge a rare item'

When you use an essence, ALL implicit modifiers on the item will be erased and new modifiers will be created which will be completely random the exception being the modifier guaranteed by the essence. As usual an essence can roll up to 6 affixes onto an item, a maximum of 3 prefixes and 3 suffixes. If you get the maximum of6 mods you cannot mastercraft additional modifiers.

"Reforging a rare item" is only possible with Tier 6 and 7 essences or the four "corrupted" essences (like Hysteria). If you're not happy with your result and want to use a low tier essence, you will need to "scour" the item first.

Enchantments or implicit values (such as the 40% increased elemental damage on Opal/Void Sceptre) will not be affected.
Last edited by tomay on Dec 8, 2016, 7:10:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info