[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

IMO the helmet BV is b@d@$$ in terms of hits generated... too valuable and it even gets a slight buff now with the increased base AoE. It's the one gem in the helmet I certainly would not want to lose.

Best Spark setup would require GGBBBB:

Spark + Spell Echo + Controlled Destruction + Chance to Ignite + Pierce + Culling Strike

(at bosses you can swap CtI for Faster Casting for moar Ooomph or Item Rarity to maximize the boss loot)

There are other possible combinations of course, if you get a red socket replace Pierce or Controlled Destruction with Iron Will. In the unlikely event that you get five blue sockets replace Pierce with Elemental Proliferation.

The above would for optimized damage, of course you you can use Spark just as your manual igniter with only 3 sockets (SE + CtI) and use the the other three sockets for another CWDT combo. Or add Faster Projectiles and Elemental Proliferation to not only set the current screen ablaze but also the surrounding areas (off-screen ignition is a thing ;) ... endless possibilities.

The build is so flexible, I'm sure it will survive just fine without BV.
Last edited by tomay on Mar 2, 2017, 8:08:13 AM
"
Sinomatic wrote:
[GBBBRR]. Would it be viable to get spark into that setup without changing the colours on my Belly of the Beast?

Two red sockets aren't ideal for Spark. The only second red gem that makes some sense would be Life Leech... try this setup and take it for a test drive:

Spark + Spell Echo + Controlled Destruction + Chance to Ignite + iron Will + Life Leech

(drop Chance to Ignite for Faster Fasting at boss fights if you want)
"
tomay wrote:

Two red sockets aren't ideal for Spark. The only second red gem that makes some sense would be Life Leech... try this setup and take it for a test drive:

Spark + Spell Echo + Controlled Destruction + Chance to Ignite + iron Will + Life Leech

(drop Chance to Ignite for Faster Fasting at boss fights if you want)

As I am horribly unlucky (and not rich in-game...the Belly of the Beast was the most expensive thing I've ever bought in PoE thus far), I shy away from trying to change colours on anything that has more than 4 sockets.

I've got the option of going back to a Tabula but I didn't really want to lose that extra life if I could help it.

Edit: realised I messed up on the socket colours I was asking about. Anyway, if I went with another CWDT for the other 3 sockets in the chest, does anyone have any suggestions?
Last edited by Sinomatic on Mar 2, 2017, 11:34:10 AM
Ah, sorry, I've missed your green socket. Chance to Ignite is a blue gem, btw.

Added Fire Damage only scales from physical damage so that's out of the question. Use Iron Will and Life Leech or Fire Penetration, not much of a difference there I suppose.

Spark + Spell Echo + Faster Projectiles/Culling Strike + Chance to Ignite + Iron Will + Life Leech/Fire Penetration

Test both and see what you like better. Culling Strike really makes a difference at harder bosses and in combination with IIR you can increase the boss loot by quite some margin.

To make Spark shine with this build you will need at least Spell Echo, Chance to Ignite and Faster Projectiles for clearing or Culling Strike for Bosses. That leaves you with two red sockets, no useful red gem in the game that will work with CWDT, sorry.
Last edited by tomay on Mar 2, 2017, 11:50:50 AM
Folks that worry about BV: why do you worry about it?

I've run this build exclusively with Kaoms heart or Rat Cage, mostly because I don't want to try and resocket a belly with at least 4-5 offcolours. Your clearspeed will still be quite fine and you'll only run very occasionally into some problems (such as can't kill tormented spirits except in some lucky cases).

I mean, BV speeds some things up, but to be honest, I don't think it needs to be that crucial part of the build to worry about it too much.
"
Parapapam wrote:
Hi ppl. Thinking of this build for new league as well. Question time: Soo the new staff Martyr of Innocense with all that fire dmg and fire dmg to spells and vengeance.. could it replace the 2 mainhands?

Answer is yes, if you are ready to drop a bit of survivability of the build and the afkability against small hits. In leagacy league there will also be a new version of the ring Ngamahu's Sign, which will have 10% ignite chance and up to 30 life gained on igniting an enemy, which can ofset the self damage from eye of innocence.

I tested to run around with two doryani's catalyst and it wasn't too dangerous and I didn't lose hp mainly to activation savage hit all the time with the unique flask doedre's elixir.

Also, since the staff gives a flat fire damage it will interact well with abberath's hooves. However, you will lose the fireburst, which currently in my build testing hits about 2-3 times as hard as abberath's hooves, and it hits all fire instead of 1/3 fire dmg as it is in my case.

So you are welcome to test and report your results! :D
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
Thanks for the help Tomay, I appreciate it! I'm giving it a bit of a test run to see how I fare. As an upside, I've just noticed that my thus far 'useless' enchant on my helm is actually "2 additional spark projectiles". Result!

"
functionality wrote:
Folks that worry about BV: why do you worry about it?

Honestly? Because I don't know any better. I've been using BV the whole time, self-casting it has always seemed to speed things up quite a lot and I wasn't sure I'd be able to replace BV with something as effective given the constraint of the socket colours I have in my chest. Perhaps if I'd played this build more afk as intended, I'd be less nervous about what happens with the active gem setup.
"
Sinomatic wrote:

Honestly? Because I don't know any better. I've been using BV the whole time, self-casting it has always seemed to speed things up quite a lot and I wasn't sure I'd be able to replace BV with something as effective given the constraint of the socket colours I have in my chest. Perhaps if I'd played this build more afk as intended, I'd be less nervous about what happens with the active gem setup.

Incinerate+gmp+faster projectiles+faster casting+chance to ignite+fire pen is very effective, ignites very much and only needs 3 of colours. If I were to replace blade vortex, that would be my first choice.

Best way to craft 3 of colours according to vorici calculator is to use 1B with vorici. Will cost around 120 chroms on average, with 100% margins, that would be 240 chroms. In breach league I think I got like over 1000 chroms and I skipped almost all chrom 3 links and only got he chrom orbs themselves.

gmp and faster proj. can be changed to slower proj+blind on dangerous attack bosses.
Last edited by ChrispieD on Mar 2, 2017, 1:16:06 PM
So how do we get a Essence of Hysteria at League Start? How do we play without Fireburst?
"
Sourc3sys wrote:
So how do we get a Essence of Hysteria at League Start? How do we play without Fireburst?

Check out the budget part of the build post, it has a gear example. It works, but has lower overall clear speed.

However, when u can afford it, start with using essence of hysteria on opal sceptre.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info