[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Inquisitor - Viable for Everything

"Gloves and boots have to provide resists. Look for ones with high Int, at least 120-150 ES and decent resists. For the boots you want 30% (or at least 20%) movement speed. For the gloves, the new Fingerless Silk base is the best because it has an implicit damage mod. But it's a small bonus compared to all the MORE modifiers we use, it's worth about the same as 10-15 Int."

Hello, help me wrap my mind around this. Every ten int equates to 1% spell damage. But if you're running the helmet and perandus ring then 10 int is roughly 12 or 13 int in effect.

But still, a fingerless silk glove has roughly 16% spell damage or so, could someone tell me how 10 int can be assumed to be an equivalent of roughly 16% spell damage when in my understanding 10 int is only 1% or so?
"
AsianBushman wrote:
"Gloves and boots have to provide resists. Look for ones with high Int, at least 120-150 ES and decent resists. For the boots you want 30% (or at least 20%) movement speed. For the gloves, the new Fingerless Silk base is the best because it has an implicit damage mod. But it's a small bonus compared to all the MORE modifiers we use, it's worth about the same as 10-15 Int."

Hello, help me wrap my mind around this. Every ten int equates to 1% spell damage. But if you're running the helmet and perandus ring then 10 int is roughly 12 or 13 int in effect.

But still, a fingerless silk glove has roughly 16% spell damage or so, could someone tell me how 10 int can be assumed to be an equivalent of roughly 16% spell damage when in my understanding 10 int is only 1% or so?

Ice storm deals 1-3 cold dmg per 10 int, so int gives flat and %spell dmg

My hierophant is at lvl89 now. Dmg is much lower than inquisitor: only 7k fully buffed in map but im still missing one jewel slot. Got 12k ES though

I'm using frost wall in the cwdt link and its really good in this build
Last edited by marcosyy87 on Apr 14, 2017, 9:51:51 PM
10 int gives 1-3 cold damage AND spell damage?

Sorry that doesn't make any sense to me. The staff's modifier is 1% increased spell damage per 10 int.

How does it become

1-3 cold damage AND spell damage, when at face value it's just "spell damage" which translates into cold damage.

Guess I'm gonna have to buy a 10 int and 10% spell damage jewel to see the difference.
Last edited by AsianBushman on Apr 15, 2017, 12:56:15 AM
The flat 1-3 cold dmg per 10 int is only listed in the spell description. Check ice storm in your tooltip
Spell damage WOULD increase the tooltip regardless. So int doesn't give cold damage AND spell damage as you stated.

Edit:

So i swapped between a jewel with 10 int and a jewel with 10% spell damage. The spell damage jewel still came out higher, which isn't a surprise to me in terms of comparison between "damage per use" on char sheet.

What does still confuse me is the staff explicitly states 10 int gives 1% Spell damage.

In this scenario when I slot

1) a jewel with 10 int, my damage per use increases by 46.5.
2) a jewel with 10% spell damage, my damage per use increases by 84.5.

How does 2 damage bonuses with the same wording end up with totally different results.

10 int is supposed to be equivalent to 1% spell damage, and yet is more than half of the value on a 10% spell damage jewel.

Edit:

I finally see what you mean by 1-3 cold damage. I've been staring at character sheet all along and not the mouseover on spell. If it's 1-3 cold damage over there, then what's with the 1% spell damage per 10 int on the staff itself?

This still confuses me to no end. Frustrating.

Edit:

Let me get this straight.

So. Icestorm's inherently scales damage 1-3 cold damage for every 10 int. And the spell damage on the staff of 10 int per 1% spell damage, are two different mechanics at play!
Last edited by AsianBushman on Apr 15, 2017, 2:07:44 AM
"
marcosyy87 wrote:
This is a really good build, ty!

I'm trying it with hierophant. So far so good. DPS is lower but it gives me 2.1k ES at lvl79/1300 int. I think i'll get more than 3k ES at lvl95/1800int

ES is secondary for this build. It's absolutely not worth it to get 3k more ES but lose damage and survivability.

"
AsianBushman wrote:
So. Icestorm's inherently scales damage 1-3 cold damage for every 10 int. And the spell damage on the staff of 10 int per 1% spell damage, are two different mechanics at play!

1. Base Int is increased by the % mods from the staff, the helmet and the ring.
2. Then the resulting Int gives you base Icestorm damage.
3. Then that damage is multiplied by the sum of all applicable Increased Damage mods (one of which comes from the staff, others from the tree and the jewels, and if you have Fingerless gloves you get another one).
4. Then it's multiplied by the product of all MORE DAMAGE mods (from the support gems). That's your tooltip damage.

There are more things that happen when the actual hits are applied to the target, one of them is the duration of the Icestorm (it produces 10 hits per second) - and that one also scales from your Int.

This build effectively 'quadruple-dips' into the INT stat: INT gives us base damage, increased damage, skill duration and ES (10 Int = 2% inc ES).
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 16, 2017, 2:59:20 AM
So I seem to be hitting a wall I get about 272 in damage per 50 int. But right now my damage is at 4540, and I don't see how I can double that. According to my stats to get 8k in Damage per use I would need 2094 Int. I know I'm not factoring in other things like cast speed or consecrated ground but I don't see it, I've gotten most of my gear maxed out in int that I can gain so everything else would come from passive stats.

What am I doing wrong?

Hamsterd is toon - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/hammy4785/characters

Last edited by hammy4785 on Apr 17, 2017, 8:22:24 PM
Just a heads up if you're playing on hardcore.

Shaped Promenade boss lightning thorns can kill you :(
"
MrPing1000 wrote:
Just a heads up if you're playing on hardcore.

Shaped Promenade boss lightning thorns can kill you :(

Yes, the Boss Guide has all reflecting/thorns/etc cases highlighted. Have to be really careful in those maps. In HC I wouldn't risk doing Promenade, Waterways or Racecource more than 1 time for the Atlas bonus.

Shavronne (Core, Scriptorium) is dangerous too, but she is 100% predictable and casts her reflect aura on a timer. But those other bosses seem to use it just randomly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info