[2.6] Norse's Earthquake Slayer / Budget Viable / Guardian & Shaper Farmable

In fairness I thought the same when I saw your character. The main things to look at from a defensive point of view as a new player are:

- Am I resistance capped? (135% in hideout, 75% in a merciless zone)
- How much +Maximum life does a piece of gear have?

Starting with the resistances, if you're over resistance capped by too much it doesn't do anything. Counting up your characters resistances I count 141 cold, 141 lightning and 147 fire (I may have missed some around the place). You're good on resists, but you'll need to change out some pieces of gear to make sure you have the hp to tank the reduced hits because...

The only item you have with +Maximum life is your chest, which is a good chest from a damage PoV, but not having resistances hurts you elsewhere.

A stack of uniques tends to be problematic because they each have their roles and if you try to combine too many of them you miss out on some key stats elsewhere. The one which you have which is recommended in this guide is:

- Devoto's Devotion fills the role of increasing movement speed, attack speed, and dexterity, which are required for a build like this which dips into a few higher requirement dexterity gems and doesn't have a huge amount in the tree.

The remaining ones which feel very replaceable with high resistance/maximum life gear for you:
- Carnage heart is great for having more leech along with a huge amount of dex/int, but gaining more hp with the amount of leech you have in the tree would help you more in terms of how much health you are actually leeching.

- Veruso's gloves are again good for two things, a bit of damage from endurance charges and avoiding shock, which can cause some really painful gibs as shock causes your character to take +50% damage, if you're dying before shock then avoiding it isn't useful.

- Doryani's is a pretty weak belt, you should be able to find a rustic sash base with phys damage %, some resists and +Maximum life and replace this fairly easily

- Windscream isn't worth it at all in my opinion here, find some resist/move speed(or leap slam everywhere)/maximum life boots and replace these, the extra 200-300 hp will help more than the extra curse.

- Le heup are great rings if you need the stats, but int/dex don't do anything for you apart from let you equip higher level gems and that's what the devoto's is for. You should be able to find some rings with high resists/maximum life to replace these, the damage stats don't make a huge difference.

- Cherrubim's might legitimately be good in this build, I play a jugg version so I don't know how the leech scales as slayer, but I'd say the chaos damage doesn't matter too much when I'm guessing you basically one shot every mob to begin with and it would only potentially scale the poison, it should be pretty minor downgrade to change this for a life + res chest which don't cost too much until you start looking for 5l+

The main thing to note is that you have approaching +200% maximum life from the tree, that means every point of +Maximum life you get from a piece of gear is worth 3 hp, getting 70+ life on every piece of gear listed above is +200-300 life per piece, which should probably handily increase your hp by 1500ish, which I'm guessing is more than half of your health.

Try getting a bigger hp pool and see how it feels, in my opinion balancing defenses while maintaining the damage you need is a very important part of this game. If you're one shotting rares but they're also one shotting you it's pretty difficult to stay alive.

Sorry for the wall of text, I wanted to try point of the niches of each item. Keep in mind it's a balance trying to mix and match high resist items with max life to keep your resistances capped, but endurance charges in a build like this are a bit of a buffer as they give +4% to all resistances whilke they're up, so you can afford to be a little bit off cap.
"
Coil1 wrote:
"
Seriouscatt wrote:
Anyone able to give me some help? I have pretty much the same problem as most that my damage is fairly low. I have about an 8k tooltip and cant outleech or kill uber izaro quick enough.

Have a 5L hezmana's and a 5L belly of the beast(both running the suggested gem setup, I am testing cyclone)

Any tips would be really helpful. I have about a 150c budget if I sell my belly as well for any recommended upgrades

An Atziri's Promise would be the easiest upgrade. It's a solid dps flask for 3c. A Lion's Roar flask is also a large dps increase for something like 25c. Your gems aren't in but I don't recommend using poison support until your gear gets better(like when you have double-dipping jewels). Use added fire dmg over poison at your gear level. Also Hatred+Herald of Ash>double blasphemy without cospris

I finally got the cospris, should I keep a rapid decay in axe or wait until I flush out jewels(run decay or add fire)
Should the auras Im running be vulner, temporal and herald of ash?
Atm im working on 5Ling my chest so I can get totem back up
You guys discussing about DPS but gives no numbers, what number it must be to feel like author in videos? Yes I understand, it's bleed/poison related build, but they scaling with physical (and chaos) damage of attack.
So there has been a bunch of questions lately about increasing damage. I'm not the best at this, but I'll see if I can give a bit of advice. If there are some more experienced people with some thoughts to add, please do.

The biggest change to our DPS is the weapon. Kaoms Primacy is a good starter, but Hezmana's Bloodlust is a significant upgrade (around 20% for me). Atziri's Disfavor is the gold standard, but it's not cheap, nor readily available at this point in the league. Obviously the more links you have, the better. For early mapping, try to get a five link at least for Earthquake, and preferably for Warchief as well.

With regards to links, I've seen a few people with Bloodlust in their Warchief setup. This is a fantastic option *IF YOU CAN BLEED*. Disfavor causes bleed on hit, but prior to that, the default build doesn't have a way to cause bleeds. There are a couple of options for it, and it will certainly help for boss DPS in particular. Voidheart is relatively cheap, and gives 50% on hit. So as long as you're wacking the boss, a bleed should be up. The other option is a rare axe with a Vagan-7 mod.

If you don't have it already, look for some physical damage on jewellery or gloves. This can add a bunch of base damage, which is then multiplied through all our effects for a surprisingly large boost. For flasks, Lions Roar and Atziri's Promise will give a bunch of extra damage. Lions is the better one, if you can afford it. It also doubles as a defensive flask.

Don't underestimate curse effectiveness as a stat. It can be gotten through the tree (above the Scion life wheel), and through quality on Blasphemy. If you're really struggling with DPS, then swapping a defensive curse for Vulnerability or Punishment might be an option. Alternatively, use Hatred or Herald of Ash instead of a curse, although I don't really recommend this one.

Finally, jewels can give up to four DPS stats. I'd probably recommend looking for ones with life and one or two DPS stats however. Area Damage and Damage are the best ones, because they will double-dip on both the poison and bleed damage. Physical Damage (including Physical Damage with Two Handers / Axes/ etc) will double dip for bleeds, but not poison, so it's the next best. Any other stats will increase your poison and bleeds, but only as a consequence of increasing the initial hit. Definitely still worth having though.

Hope that helps :)
"
sykur wrote:
That's really constructive criticism.

First of all, I'm new to this game.
Secondly, why wouldn't I wear a unique if it is better than a rare item I had beforehand?
Also, I love how easy it is for you to criticize without providing any useful and meaningful information, are you 12 years old?

Not to mention you haven't answered a single question of mine.

Those unique items were fairly cheap compared to rare items with similar stats considering the unique item usually provide you with additional "power".

Are you serious? :D
Norse explained why you should take certain items and why not ^^
Im new too to this game :)
I am having big difficulties in act 1 on merciless.
should i switch my tabula rasa for a chest armor with life and armor but less linked sockets?
What do you guys think about using Uul-Netol's Embrace Vaal Axe for this build? Will the higher dps make up for the reduce in attack speed? Feedback appreciated
my friend playing flameblast (with ignite) does way more damage to uber izaro than i do. similar gear, just one 5link each. i'm pretty sure it's because of double dipping; should we highly prioritize getting a source of bleed and/or poison?

if so, would we then want to replace blasphemy+temp chains with blasphemy+vuln? what should our source of bleed/poison be? voidheart ring, or those haemo bleed gloves?
nvm
Last edited by Lycai on Mar 9, 2017, 8:36:09 PM
"
What do you guys think about using Uul-Netol's Embrace Vaal Axe for this build? Will the higher dps make up for the reduce in attack speed? Feedback appreciated

I play with Uul Embrace and i think its safe to say its third BIS weapon for this build. Better options are only 560+ pDPS rare axe and lastly Disfavour.

With Uul netol, you want highest APS (0,9) and the higher DMG the better. You will need at least 20% reduced duration of EQ with 20% less duration and rapid deacy, or if you cant go with rapid, dont buy attack speed jewels or get worst attack speed on the axe ... just aim for skill duration of EQ to be faster then your attacks (check it with onslaught on, becouse you will have this buff often). You dont need 30% reduced duration of EQ enchant on helmet, not until you will use Disfavour or some 1,3+ APS rare axe.

If anythink is uncertain, check my profile (char name: BlekotaTheThird).

Love this build so far! Im just a bit worried about the Disfavour prices and if its viable to guardian and shaper without Disfavour :/

"
Ragnorak wrote:

...swapping a defensive curse for Vulnerability or Punishment ...

Im afraid punishement wont work very well since it requires melee hit and we do very little direct melee hits, we hit with our AOE so more dmg and attack speed wont aply.

"
Seriouscatt wrote:
I finally got the cospris, should I keep a rapid decay in axe or wait until I flush out jewels(run decay or add fire)
Should the auras Im running be vulner, temporal and herald of ash?
Atm im working on 5Ling my chest so I can get totem back up

Unless you have 30% reduced duration of EQ (helm enchant from uber lab) you should keep Rapid Decay, becouse you propably wont get APS of EQ and skill duration of aftershock right. The skill duration has to be quicker then you hit, or you will loose aftershocks and even 2 normal hits folowed by aftershock is DPS waste. Or you could just hit and wait for aftershock, but its rly anoying playstyle. And also ... trow out Hezmana ... Uul netol's embrace is way better :)
Last edited by blekotacz on Mar 9, 2017, 9:09:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info