[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

"
Kwitch wrote:
Well, I didn't change anything you said, simply added italics and bold to the points I took issue with. For emphasis. But your approach to stating that you are simply dissatisfied with Hierophant is totally fine, and I didn't mean to be obnoxious just to prove a point.

As for my initial question... I figured with having 2600 INT, if any build was going to make good use of Hierophant, it would be yours. So I was disappointed not to find any math or examples of how it performed, and instead just a 'no thanks'.

I would still love to see it in action if such a test character exists...

As for future buffs... we shall see. As I mentioned, I have tested both guardian and Hiero for breach league and had similar opinions of each. I simply wished to be able to feature even 1 hierophant build for the build listings. heh.

Whispering Ice is a bit difficult for my current project, but perhaps I will make a spreadsheet to indicate how it could perform in theory.

Cheers

I understood the italics and bold the rephrasing I was referring to was the part I quoted as the "I think what you mean to say was..." and then gave a rephrasing of what I said in my post. I also don't intent to be obnoxious and communication is difficult in a written medium like this discussing specific points

Even with its worse formula the hieophant does give more ES then guardian, just everything else that ascendency does (mind over matter, reduced mana cost, totem stuff) is all just things that this build doesn't really need. The list of pros for Hieophant is -Gives a small amount more ES then guardian but then runs out while as the pros for guardian includes armour, aura effect and ES/armour scaling

I did originally have a larger pro/con list in that section but it became too wordy and I'm already prone to over informing so I cut it down to more simplistic terms, there is already plenty of people who don't read most of it and then get confused about things

I don't think heiophant is horrible as its advantages can surely be utilised by builds out there but for this particular one its just outclassed by the guardian in any practical sense. I think it needs a buff because not because its bad exactly but most other ascendencies are awesome and has a really bit advantage to it while the heiophant is more just "ok" and its parts tend to conflict and be tricky to work around

Playing this build, lvl 80, 3 labs done. Pretty similar to the guide except for a bit of different pathing down to unwavering stance (respeced from another char). However, I only have 1630 int and 5.8k es with 18+1from helm discipline and 3k reserved mana. The damage is passable with such low int but the low es is really bad. Any ideas where I'm lacking int?
Hey. I'm just making some math on your int and I still don't get it, how can you have 2600 INT with the current tree and gear?

You have around 500 INT in the tree, 200 INT in the gear. That gives 700 INT. And that's multiplied by 2, because you have 100% Increased INT. That gives 1400 INT. What am I missing?
IGN: MegaSplasz
"
chinascholar wrote:

Playing this build, lvl 80, 3 labs done. Pretty similar to the guide except for a bit of different pathing down to unwavering stance (respeced from another char). However, I only have 1630 int and 5.8k es with 18+1from helm discipline and 3k reserved mana. The damage is passable with such low int but the low es is really bad. Any ideas where I'm lacking int?

The tree gets the pathing and aura nodes first. Now you're towards the end of the build you start picking up the best value Int nodes and start overlapping conversion jewels for better Int. The alternative path to get unwavering unfortunately cuts you off from one of the more impactful jewel sockets for giving int but its not the end of the world

Until your Int total grows I recommend swapping your helmet into Vertex for the ES. If you don't mind the playstyle change then I also recommend changing into the cast while channeling variant and swapping the gloves into voidbringers for more ES, can always change back later

@Jaari

The main thing you're missing is the conversion jewels, the tree gets 500 Int but also 130 dex and 220 Strength which gets converted into Int. Thanks to the jewel radius overlapping certain sections of the tree give 20 Int per travel node instead of the 10 str or dex they say they would

oh and each jewel has up to 24 Int on them just as base, 8 jewel sockets 6 of them giving flat Int gives up to 144 flat Int as well
Last edited by WaffleT on Feb 12, 2017, 3:02:27 PM
Thinking of doing this for the new upcoming HC league. Is this the most tanky option, ascendancy wise?
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
"
Edzilla wrote:
Thinking of doing this for the new upcoming HC league. Is this the most tanky option, ascendancy wise?

In endgame yes. Guardian gets about 400 flat ES from radient faith. Even without the %ES and armour that dwarfs the other defensive ascendencies.

For leveling though not so much as you won't have nearly enough mana. The build tends to be reasonably squishy until lategame but I've never played hardcore so I don't know if taking more life and ES nodes while leveling and then speccing out of them in end game will be enough.

So long as you can get a whispering ice staff it could be ok as the main benefit of the item is that you can kite pretty much everything, keeping them at the edge of the screen, chilled and temporal chained.

On the plus side the new league offers chaster items of legacy rings and shavrons which are both really good in this build although difficult to obtain
Last edited by WaffleT on Feb 17, 2017, 9:15:45 AM
2246 int
6945 tooltip dps with aura's up
check my gear and tree and tell me why people with lower gear have A LOT more tooltip dps :/

PASSIVES :

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDAAQHDkgQWBEtEZYXLxmKGjgajx0UHaofAh8YIvQksClPKjgsnC2oL282xTdHPV9FR0ZxRwZMs05SUEJR-1JTVdZWSFnzXIpd8l8qX2pfsGJaZOdmVGaeaFhoZWusbAhsC20Zb55wu3IPcql7135sf8aApIDggpuDCYP3hMWFe4nYjDaPRo_6kFWSK5MnlG-XBpeVl_SbtaEvoi6lGKcIrKqvm7GQtAy1BLdovoC-isBmwcXDOsQVxKLE9spKytPNFtAf0NDVptdq15bYJNkT2-ffmOGI5CLqGOvk7BjsOO_r89322vcy-Ov53frS-wn9AP5J

GEAR :

Hello, I'm in need of a little guidance... I'm leveling a WI templar now, and I was wondering if anyone could give some insight as to how this build performs compared to this tri-curse one.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1749520/page/1

Thanks!
Im not sure what is happening but I cant seem to get all the Elemental Auras going at the same time ( Fire,Ice, Lightning, Purity). I can get 3 of those and Arctic Armor but run out of mana. I cant get my Blood Magic gem to work with more than one Aura gem and I think thats where the problem lies. I have the skill tree filled out to lvl 86 with all the reservation nodes. Only thing missing are the last of the INT nodes.

You said the Shavs doesnt need to be linked and this is confusing to me. Im seeing that Blood magic Must be linked for it to work.

Here's where I have my gems

Helm: Fire,Ice,Discipline, lv3 Enlighten

Body: Purity,Lightning, Arctic, Blood magic, lightning warp, Lvl 3 enlighten.

So basically my Mana is doing almost all the work with the exception of One gem that is linked to Blood Magic. So something isnt right. It was said this build HAS to be low life...or maybe thats just how it looks when everything is working the way it should.

Id appreciate the help if you are still monitoring this thread.
Waiting for the op to return but was wondering if someone had the answer to my question for this build.

The build shows 44% Damage reduction and Im getting 17% with the same gear. Im running 5 auras and have Unwavering Faith which is where its coming from I guess....but 17% is getting me killed.

He is also running 6k armour and Im running 1,800. Even if I get the remaining (3) 14% increased armor nodes left in the Acendancy tree Im not sure that adds up to 6K armor.

Im basically stuck with this build until the Op comes back. If anyone can help Id appreciate it. My profile isnt private so you can check my gear.

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info