[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

Ok, i've made a calculation, given that i have lvl 90 and 1400 life (only if i take Devotion 2 points to get those 14% increased life), and taking Faith and Steel node (total increased armour reaches 100%), summing up it's about 5k armour points only (radiant faith reservation bonus + helmet + increased armour).
But those skills are not taken in OP guide and there is 6k tooltip armour. Now I have 34% phys reducion at lvl 78 and following strictly the OP it'll be only worse then.
"
veldaron wrote:
Ok, i've made a calculation, given that i have lvl 90 and 1400 life (only if i take Devotion 2 points to get those 14% increased life), and taking Faith and Steel node (total increased armour reaches 100%), summing up it's about 5k armour points only (radiant faith reservation bonus + helmet + increased armour).
But those skills are not taken in OP guide and there is 6k tooltip armour. Now I have 34% phys reducion at lvl 78 and following strictly the OP it'll be only worse then.

Without using atziri's acuity I had just under 5k armour. Once I could afford the upgrade it gave me over 1k armour and my guardian before I started a new build had 6.2k armour

Faith and steel is a perfectly valid choice. I didn't feel the need and never took it but its got some good stuff on it.

Devotion is more about the aura effect then the life. 20 Int for 2 points isn't bad but when you run 7 auras then even a 3% aura effect node becomes pretty good value, tons of builds that only run 2 or 3 will still take aura effectiveness nodes.

Armour hits diminishing returns pretty fast so Its not something I focus too much on. The flat physical reduction from unwavering faith is outright better, its just nice getting that extra layer of armour protection for very little investment as its all stuff that we would be doing anyway.
Can someone post a Minotaur/Chimera/Shaper kills with this build?

I can see the phoenix kill at the first page but to be honest phoenix/hydra are easy compared to the other two guardians imo.

Chimera/Minotaur with some serious mods(not white or blue) would be nice to see, because people will eventually need to clear these maps rare corrupted.

Thanks
"
Sleepyheadz wrote:
Hey,

sitting at 2.268 Int and 8.809 Energy Shield.
I got everything set up perfect for my needs.
3 Life left and 149 Mana (i still can spam Icestorm).

Got 4 purities, discipline, clarity(lvl-8), haste, herald of ice and flame golem up.
2x legacy Perandus,3xEnlighten-lvl3,20% reduced Elements Uber Enchant and +1 on Asenath.

Items:

Loving it and at the moment going through my T12 maps.

Just realized my tooltip damage is shit compared to yours.
What am i missing? Does Acuity + Skyforth make such a difference?
I*m sitting at 6,2k Tooltip in the Hideout, 8,7k with Overload.
IGN - MoarCookies
So nobody has killed Chimera/Minotaur with this build?
Any videos? something?
Is it even shaper viable?
"
nel0angel0 wrote:
Any videos? something?

i did all of that and its super easy
"
leichenlager wrote:
"
nel0angel0 wrote:
Any videos? something?

Still no videos around, I end up doubting that
"
nel0angel0 wrote:

Still no videos around, I end up doubting that

Thats totally reasonable there is nobody here pressuring you to try the build. I have moved on to other things now and just pop in here sometimes to answer questions from people more so then reequipping the character and setting up a recording of taking down content again

As far as I can tell the other people who have been using this build to farm shaper and guardians don't do videos so I wouldn't expect it from them

In any case this build is a little complicated to level and organise so if you are the kind of player that doesn't know the whispering ice playstyle in high tier content and can't extrapolate it from build design and stats then I wouldn't really recommend trying this build as you'd be likely to abandon it before lategame anyway
"
nel0angel0 wrote:
"
leichenlager wrote:
"
nel0angel0 wrote:
Any videos? something?

I end up doubting that

why?
"
WaffleT wrote:

Thats totally reasonable there is nobody here pressuring you to try the build. I have moved on to other things now and just pop in here sometimes to answer questions from people more so then reequipping the character and setting up a recording of taking down content again

As far as I can tell the other people who have been using this build to farm shaper and guardians don't do videos so I wouldn't expect it from them

In any case this build is a little complicated to level and organise so if you are the kind of player that doesn't know the whispering ice playstyle in high tier content and can't extrapolate it from build design and stats then I wouldn't really recommend trying this build as you'd be likely to abandon it before lategame anyway

I completely understand everything u say, no worries.
I may be misunderstood, i am very familiar with whispering ice playstyle, have played in many leagues and its one of my favorite playstyles.

I have all the gear (except skyforth and emperor jewel) to make this build in std atm, and i was very pleased to see that it can do guardians, but i realized (at least while playing another build in ESC) that chimera and minotaur are harder than phoenix and hydra in general.
That made me wanting to watch how would the gameplay be during the chimera and minotaur fights.

If anyone has anything to show, or even to supply here with a link of someone else doing it, would be very nice.

"
leichenlager wrote:
why?

As i said above, chimera and minotaur are much harder imo than the other two, and becuase noone have ever said anything about minotaur/chimera/shaper, i ended up thinking that maybe its not viable.
When i say viable i dont mean dying 5 times in order to clear the boss, i mean deathless with reasonable map mods.

Sry if i seem to question what you said, it was not my intention. If you did all that, i would like at least to have a small idea of the gameplay during these fights.
Last edited by nel0angel0 on Nov 10, 2016, 10:23:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info