[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

"
Kaz2ndChance wrote:
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
Kaz2ndChance wrote:
What do you think of Foresight? It's effectively +20 flat ES and +20% max ES for 2 points.

Just a tip but "why don't you get x" isn't generally as good a question as "why don't you get x instead of getting y". Everything has the opportunity cost of not getting something else and looking for what you think you would cut to get your suggestion helps answer the question as you can compare which is best.

In terms of foresight it just so happens that everything else this build gets is better value, if you read the "math of int value" part of the build you can see how nodes that include Int in their stats come out on top over pure ES nodes mathematically

I did some calculations assuming I'm using The Vertex (so +85% int instead of +100%).
So basically, to finish your skyforth tree, there are 4 options that I can see:
1. Ancestral Knowledge (2pts) - 30 int
+85% = 55.5 int:
11.1% inc ES (5.55 per)
6.48 flat ES (3.24 per)
20.35% dmg (10.18 per)

2. Catalyze (3pts) - 40 int
+85% = 74 int:
14.8% inc ES (4.93 per)
8.63 flat ES (2.88 per)
27.13% dmg (9.04 per)

3. Coordination (2pts) - 20 int + 6% cast
+85% = 37 int:
7.4% inc ES (3.7 per)
4.32 flat ES (2.16 per)
13.57% dmg (6.78 per)

4. Foresight (2pts) - 20 FLAT ES + 20% inc ES
20% inc ES (10 per)
20 flat ES (10 per)

5. Jewel Socket (3pts) - could be used for Emperor's Wit/Mastery

you have 10 points to spend to get to level 100. The jewel socket is a must, so that leaves 7. It's an odd number, so chances are you're going to take the 3-point investment into Catalyze. You're left with 4 points, and the remaining choices are Coordination, Ancestral Knowledge, and Foresight...you have to pick 2 out of the three. And as you can see, Foresight has a really high flat ES per point; nothing else comes close. It would sort of make up for the dmg loss, and it's way more valuable than more 'inc max ES' because we already have a lot of those and we get diminishing returns.

So I suppose it comes down to what you value more: EHP or dmg. I guess the fact that you're willing to replace The Vertex with Black Sun answers that question. Chaos damage must be a bitch to deal with.

I bring at least 1 if not 2 atziri's promise, helps with leech and more dmg and chaos type of things. it's pretty much up 100% of the time so chaos dmg isn't really that bad
Green_honey_boo_boo is my favourite south park character!

My Goddess Scorned crit ele cleave build @ 1076445
"
Kaz2ndChance wrote:
yeah, sockets are a commodity with this build. I don't have a slot for Herald of Ice :p

if you're interested,
4L: CWDT - Flame Golem - Warlord's - Molten Shell
4L: Inc duration - Vaal Disc - Warcy(rallying/enduring) - Flame Dash

Thank you, btw, for letting me know how much ES you gain from switching helmets (I was about to ask that). How much armour am I losing for using the Vertex? I still really like my light radius though T_T

Its hard to tell exactly because when I swap both my life and mana go down enough that some of my auras turn off. After doing some swapping around using level 3 enlightens instead of my leveling ones to make it still fit it seems that I lose 550 Armour and an estimated 2% physical damage reduction.

I do admit thats not that much but its something and especially when considering the mana and damage I prefer black sun so long as its well rolled.

I have 2013 int at lvl 83 , reserved all my life ( 1167 reserved out of 1190)
the problem is guys :
1. i dont have gem space for my portal gem
2. i dont have gem space for my curse / blasphemy
3. u recommend gathering ES nodes north to the witch tree ? like unnatural calm passive node ??
4. u recommend i go for Blunt Trauma and Serpent Stance on the tree (between witch and templar section, o nthe left of elemental overload) for crit strike chance while weilding a staff ??

thanks in advance for answering those , will tell you if i have anything else :)
good hunting
Last edited by witcher9611 on Oct 22, 2016, 11:52:28 PM
"
foojin wrote:

Biggest issue is ES, only at 5K right now. Hoping it will improve once I have 10 more levels and some more jewel sockets for INT. Wish I could afford a second ring right now.

I have a divine orb, should I use it on the black sun?

The build is allot of fun to play, it feels quite tanky and the damage is easily there. I love the amount of neat things it has (auras, slows, curse on hit, decent phys mit.).

Vertex and Voidbringers are two relatively cheap things that you can use to buff up that ES and then resell once you have a well rolled helmet and more levels. So long as you can sustain the mana cost on the voidbringers which needs a decently high level clarity.

I wouldn't divine the helmet as I'm not a gambler, I like to save up and spend to know what I'm getting. To each their own though

I'm glad you are having fun
"
have 2013 int at lvl 83 , reserved all my life ( 1167 reserved out of 1190)
the problem is guys :
3. u recommend gathering ES nodes north to the witch tree ? like unnatural calm passive node ??
4. u recommend i go for Blunt Trauma and Serpent Stance on the tree for crit strike chance while weilding a staff ??

thanks in advance for answering those , will tell you if i have anything else :)
good hunting

1 & 2 - You have chosen a CWTD setup that only procs immortal call which I don't consider good for this build. I would swap immortal call into the curse of your choice and start leveling up the CWTD gem.
I don't think the portal gem deserves a gem slot but if you wanted it then I would remove either vaal discipline or enduring cry as activating them takes time

3 - I do not recommend getting ES nodes as they are lower value then the recommended nodes for this build unless you felt like it was worth getting pure ES at the loss and not getting anymore damage

4 - This build is not a crit build and takes elemental overload. Getting additional crit chance is a waste of points as it only leads to overload being up slightly more often
Last edited by WaffleT on Oct 22, 2016, 11:53:52 PM
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
have 2013 int at lvl 83 , reserved all my life ( 1167 reserved out of 1190)
the problem is guys :
4. u recommend i go for Blunt Trauma and Serpent Stance on the tree for crit strike chance while weilding a staff ??

good hunting

1 & 2 - You have chosen a CWTD setup that only procs immortal call which I don't consider good for this build. I would swap immortal call into the curse of your choice and start leveling up the CWTD gem.
I don't think the portal gem deserves a gem slot but if you wanted it then I would remove either vaal discipline or enduring cry as activating them takes time

3 - I do not recommend getting ES nodes as they are lower value then the recommended nodes for this build unless you felt like it was worth getting pure ES at the loss and not getting anymore damage

4 - This build is not a crit build and takes elemental overload. Getting additional crit chance is a waste of points as it only leads to overload being up slightly more often

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

okay i removed enduring cry gem and replacing it with curse gem ..
but im keeping the CWDT low level so it procs more , am i doing it right or what?
"
witcher9611 wrote:

okay i removed enduring cry gem and replacing it with curse gem ..
but im keeping the CWDT low level so it procs more , am i doing it right or what?

A lowlevel CWDT will only proc low level gems.

If you are fine with a lowlevel curse like warlords mark (with low radius) then a low level CWDT is fine

I have a level 20 CWDT to proc a level 20 curse as my preference is enfeeble which gains extra effect from levels and has a much larger radius at level 20 to curse more things.

Because we are an ES build with a large pool even a level 20 CWTK will proc when a boss hits you which is when your curse matters most
"
witcher9611 wrote:

I have 2013 int at lvl 83 , reserved all my life ( 1167 reserved out of 1190)
the problem is guys :
4. u recommend i go for Blunt Trauma and Serpent Stance on the tree (between witch and templar section, o nthe left of elemental overload) for crit strike chance while weilding a staff ??

good hunting

your aura setup is less than optimal, I think. You're using 3 enlighten gems when you can be using 2 instead. Reserving clarity on life is not efficient because it's a fixed amount and you have a lot more mana than life. How much total reduced reservation nodes did you get from the tree?
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
foojin wrote:

Biggest issue is ES, only at 5K right now. Hoping it will improve once I have 10 more levels and some more jewel sockets for INT. Wish I could afford a second ring right now.

I have a divine orb, should I use it on the black sun?

The build is allot of fun to play, it feels quite tanky and the damage is easily there. I love the amount of neat things it has (auras, slows, curse on hit, decent phys mit.).

Vertex and Voidbringers are two relatively cheap things that you can use to buff up that ES and then resell once you have a well rolled helmet and more levels. So long as you can sustain the mana cost on the voidbringers which needs a decently high level clarity.

I wouldn't divine the helmet as I'm not a gambler, I like to save up and spend to know what I'm getting. To each their own though

I'm glad you are having fun

Thanks for the feedback.

Right now I have 6.4K ES so that is a nice boost from earlier:
- Divined my helmet to 12% incr int (from 6%)
- Got a second perandus ring
- Got another jewel socket
- Discipline got another level

Started to level a CWDT to 20 together with MS\ENF. MS will replace IC (saw a remark of you on it). One more level and then I get another jewel socket which hopefully boosts my ES with another nice margin. Going to try uber lab at that point. Also running haste now, sometimes gives me minor mana issues but it makes mapping smoother and the damage is there anyway (got up till T10 now).

Ele weakness maps do feel clunky to me, thinking of ways to solve that. Perhaps a jewel that I can swap out for those maps. Time of Need should make it less painfull as well.

Edit: just did uber, got cast speed on boots after a kill which seems like a good enchant. Would have preferred leech or crit but yeah.... Also on 6.6K ES now.
Last edited by foojin on Oct 23, 2016, 7:24:11 AM
use flasks for ele weakness
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info