[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

"
WaffleT wrote:
"
Drahnier123 wrote:
I feel like Whispering Ice is really picking up in the Meta.

I've made a fair amount of currency flipping perfect Whispering Ice's + Legacy Perandus signets.

The relevant emperors Jewels have jumped so much in price, I now feel pretty lucky that I got both of mine for 4ex each. They now go for 10 each. Perfect Conversion Jewels seem to have gone up too. Even perfect int rolls on Black Sun crest seem up.

Personally through player interaction I've encouraged about 8 other players to pick up this build and it's nice to see them doing well but seeing the price of the build go up is a little sad.

Yeah I've noticed that a bunch of the items have gone up a fair amount as well. I'm also glad I got mine cheaper.

I hope it doesn't raise too high. I was planning on running this build for the new league but when they announced that the theme was "make rares better" I decided to pass since such an advantage to this build is not needing to worry about getting good rolls on rares

This build is the reason of WI's popularity :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1667730

It will surely affect prices next league unless something really changes.
3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
Mhm, such a stupid build too the guy links leap slam on a squishy ranged caster to try and game fortify like what even are people doing lol. Despite the fact lightning warp is quicker, safer and provides a 25% pierce to his primary elemental type lol.

Lol.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Rusherboy wrote:

I disagree that build is the reason for the popularity I think its more likely that atlas of worlds is the reason.

Leagues ago my witch build was reasonably popular and then I abandoned it and the tri curse one got written and became the main WI build I saw around but still wasn't that popular.

It grew over time but all WI builds have increased quite a lot with atlas of worlds.

Even though this guardian build is in the templar section and not that intuitive for people its still grown in popularity faster then WI builds I've seen from previous leagues. I think this is because WI deals really well with the new endgame content, it can just handle everything thats thrown at it really successfully.

It seems to me that WI being popular has made that build increase in popularity not the other way around
"
Mhm, such a stupid build too the guy links leap slam on a squishy ranged caster to try and game fortify like what even are people doing lol. Despite the fact lightning warp is quicker, safer and provides a 25% pierce to his primary elemental type lol.

Lol.

I find myself face tanking most bosses though, because if you range, the boss will move to attack you, which isnt optimal as we want boss to be stationary for us to dps...

Also it seems most people I do trade when I sell off my jewels/gear after I upgrade are doing the witch/cold to fire variant.

I personally like this build better because of synergies, but I guess tri-curses are a popular thing...

I think super end game this build is tankier and more dps scaling potential. Reduce curse effects are awesome too so temp chain aint that annoying, especially coupled with war cry's move speed.

Maybe its the price factor that comes into play? But this build can do without skyforth and acuity..

One this I do hope is no build of the week for whispering ice.. It means nerf hammer.
Green_honey_boo_boo is my favourite south park character!

My Goddess Scorned crit ele cleave build @ 1076445
Last edited by turtleken on Oct 13, 2016, 12:15:21 AM
"

Lol.

Mhm with this post you just outed your little understanding of the game. He uses Fortify to get close to the target as he facetanks everything and outleeches everything. That build does all endgame content with the fraction of the cost this build costs. Multiple players have facetanked the guards + Shaper with the build. Where are all the Shaper and Uber videos this build does?

"
WaffleT wrote:
"
Rusherboy wrote:

I disagree that build is the reason for the popularity I think its more likely that atlas of worlds is the reason.

Leagues ago my witch build was reasonably popular and then I abandoned it and the tri curse one got written and became the main WI build I saw around but still wasn't that popular.

It grew over time but all WI builds have increased quite a lot with atlas of worlds.

Even though this guardian build is in the templar section and not that intuitive for people its still grown in popularity faster then WI builds I've seen from previous leagues. I think this is because WI deals really well with the new endgame content, it can just handle everything thats thrown at it really successfully.

It seems to me that WI being popular has made that build increase in popularity not the other way around

The buildthread has added 65 pages since start of the league and is very active. I'm not saying it's the sole factor, but it has a very big following.

Anyway, WI is in a very good place now.
3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
@Tiem
There is no need to be rude. Their build doesn't get much physical mitigation so things like fortify help to facetank even though it looks weird for a caster

@Rusherboy
no need to start a fight there either. Both builds can easily facetank shaper and have multiple people who have done so. Each has its pros and cons and different people have different play styles and thats ok :)
Fun build

Spoiler
"
Rusherboy wrote:
"

Lol.

Mhm with this post you just outed your little understanding of the game. He uses Fortify to get close to the target as he facetanks everything and outleeches everything. That build does all endgame content with the fraction of the cost this build costs. Multiple players have facetanked the guards + Shaper with the build. Where are all the Shaper and Uber videos this build does?

"
WaffleT wrote:
"
Rusherboy wrote:

The buildthread has added 65 pages since start of the league and is very active. I'm not saying it's the sole factor, but it has a very big following.

Anyway, WI is in a very good place now.

1. This is not my build so you gotta ask OP for vids.

2. It's you that outted yourself as someone who knows little to nothing about the game. I know why he did it but if you knew anything about this game and didn't just spoon feed off forum builds like a nub you'd know that leap slam is an attack skill. Since the Witch is a caster she gets NO attack speed bonuses so even if you linked LS with FA, it would still keep your airborne for a good 2-3 seconds leaving you completely open to counter attack. And that's the skill you're using to jump into mobs with as a squishy caster?! Great design bru lol. Like I said using LW on the Elementist gives a free 25% pierce and is a spell so even unsupported it's faster and safer than an attack because tada the witch has increased cast speed.

3. How many times did he game his leap slam and fortify in the Shaper vod? As I recall he just ran into him and dropped ice storms. Out leeching the Shaper has already been done. Builds have simply walked up to him and done nothing else but attack for the entire fight. Even OPs original witch build, which shared the same aura setup and chest was better because the build itself was more sophisticated creating synergies intelligently not just randomly stacking whatever to get more deeps. Using the Guardian further plays on that synergy. So yeah keep swallowing forum builds with 1b dps uber viable deathless immortal yada yada lol. Fact is a shit build is a shit build lol

Deliver pain exquisite
"
WaffleT wrote:

@Rusherboy
no need to start a fight there either. Both builds can easily facetank shaper and have multiple people who have done so. Each has its pros and cons and different people have different play styles and thats ok :)

Can we facetank his balls? I have no trouble facetanking beam but when he starts to shoot out balls I often die. Maybe I just have to bite the bullet and commit to casting on place and stop moving around so much?

We can't tank slam either right?
Pretty fun build for sure. I acquired a bit of currency in ESC and was looking for a fun build to run. I found this guide and decided to go for it. I'm level 80 right now and it's been pretty smooth sailing the whole way. Every level makes the build feel so much stronger, so that's a huge incentive to keep leveling.

I started in with low life around level 50 with a solerica while still using my goldrim for resists. I swapped to the crest once i got all of my purities up and running. I used a pair of rainbowstrides up until recently when I finally got my resists capped without them.

I'm currently at 1701 int with 6.3k ES. You can check out my characters for the current tree, but I'll link my gear below.

Thanks for the great build write up!

Spoiler

Ign: ThunderFluff
Last edited by ThunderFluff on Oct 13, 2016, 3:44:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info