[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

i just killed shaper on my first try with your build. so yeah you certainly made a strong and also very fun build. i changed like 1-2 minor things if youre interested i think my profile should be public. props to you and thanks for sharing the build.
"
leichenlager wrote:
i just killed shaper on my first try with your build. so yeah you certainly made a strong and also very fun build. i changed like 1-2 minor things if youre interested i think my profile should be public. props to you and thanks for sharing the build.

Nice man I'm happy to hear it :)

I looking forward to the shaper myself. I only have 3 of the fragments but kinda want to earn my way to him myself and not just buy the pieces or maps from someone else.

checked out your character and it seems pretty much the same but you've got CWDT molten shell, vaal haste and arctic armour. All things that I don't run just cause I'm greedy and like leveling more disciplines :P

Surprised you swapped ele focus into conc effect instead of controlled destruction. Focus has more damage and I didn't think you'd be freezing any of the important bosses around shaper
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
leichenlager wrote:

Nice man I'm happy to hear it :)

I looking forward to the shaper myself. I only have 3 of the fragments but kinda want to earn my way to him myself and not just buy the pieces or maps from someone else.

checked out your character and it seems pretty much the same but you've got CWDT molten shell, vaal haste and arctic armour. All things that I don't run just cause I'm greedy and like leveling more disciplines :P

Surprised you swapped ele focus into conc effect instead of controlled destruction. Focus has more damage and I didn't think you'd be freezing any of the important bosses around shaper

for mapping i use coldpen/lifeleech/faster casting/spell echo/controlled destruction/inc.aoe

i usually swap inc.aoe to conc effect for tough bosses

id use elemental focus over controlled destruction but i didnt have one levled. i was too lazy to buy it at first and then simply forgot about it^^

about shaper : its a great fight. very rewarding to do in the sense that you can avoid all of his damage if you play it properly. very nice fight
Ok so you inspired me to give hero and build a shot after my witch got obliterated at level 91 against a monstrous treasure map with pack size and beyonders. I think I fought Bameth like 10x, but it was just way too much for a caster with 3% physical damage reduction.

I leveled up a Templar and am at 80 now. Having played WI since the staff cost like 9ex. Anyway so far my observations are the following:

The Templar's tackiness for a ranged caster is incredible. I have 31% physical damage reduction and have done nothing to get that. I can jack it up to almost 40% which is excellent considering how armor scales. The rest of his stats are pretty much inline with the other casters (Scion, Witch).

Your minions benefit from Radiant Faith and normally you'd have to beef up your golems with some support gems (at least minion life) but his buff gives them insane durability! I'm still sticking to <T12 but so far my golem rarely needs to be recast! Highly impressive.

Reflect is still sketchy and tbh, I don't know how you would do a reflect map, let alone one that rolled with EW or lowered max resists. Even fully buffed reflect is manageable on the first cast. If you shred the enemy, you move on like nothing happened. But if it's resilient, the next cast will cut into you hard. I got around reflect on my Scion using LL and WM but that required using Blasphemy to get a curse set up going. The auras we run are too taxing for that. On the Elementalist, she has reflect debuffs so even heavy map mods are still manageable. Lower max resists is still sketchy but doable.

I'm still fiddling but I gotta say I'm impressed by the Guardian's tankiness when it comes to physical damage. When it comes to elemental damage I honestly have a hard time noticing the purities. I ran them on my Scion way back to get the resists up to 81, but then I swapped them out for a dual curse set up and could hard even tell they were gone. I know resists scale great and going from 81 to 82 is a massive boost but it never seemed to help me much. I'm almost thinking that another 2% leech from WM is maybe worth more, especially with Vaal Pact. With that much leech my Scion could almost tank everything provided it didn't chunk me down too low and didn't come at me in rapid succession.

Anyway, still fiddling but so far I'm so good.

Lastly, omg why does the Templar run like he's swinging imaginary boobs? I honestly just can't unsee how stupid he looks running around almost makes me want to go back to my Scion or Witch lol
Deliver pain exquisite
Last edited by ultratiem on Oct 4, 2016, 2:17:05 AM
I'm busy weighing up the options for extra aura's with Skyforth

As I see it the options are;

Arctic Armour(requires less leveled enlightens)

Blasphemy Temp Chains
Blasphemy Enfeeble
Blasphemy Warlords mark

I feel like Enfeeble would always be better than Arctic(except hex proof ofc but then it's still not required for mapping)

Comparing Temp Chains and Enfeeble is tricky, I think Enfeeble helps with mitigating more damage but Temp chains stacks with chill nicely and helps to keep mobs in your icestorms.

Blasphemy Warlords mark was one I wasn't originally considering but I think the extra leech on top of what we already have might make it possible to do some silly things like facetank shaper beam? I feel like the build already almost does this.

At the moment I'm using Blasphemy Temp chains, mainly just because I already had a 18/20 temp chains, still not sure what the best option really is.
"
Drahnier123 wrote:

Blasphemy Temp Chains
Blasphemy Enfeeble
Blasphemy Warlords mark

I feel like Enfeeble would always be better than Arctic(except hex proof ofc but then it's still not required for mapping)

Comparing Temp Chains and Enfeeble is tricky, I think Enfeeble helps with mitigating more damage but Temp chains stacks with chill nicely and helps to keep mobs in your icestorms.

Blasphemy Warlords mark was one I wasn't originally considering but I think the extra leech on top of what we already have might make it possible to do some silly things like facetank shaper beam? I feel like the build already almost does this.

At the moment I'm using Blasphemy Temp chains, mainly just because I already had a 18/20 temp chains, still not sure what the best option really is.

I would say enfeeble or WM make better choices than temp chains. The latter is good don't get me wrong, but the nicety of an ice WI build is that you get chill plus freezes to keep monsters in check. This means you can offload the slow for something you're not getting: namely a multiplicative damage reduction or doubling your leech (and giving you mana leech which means maps that affect your mana in anyway become a non issue; unless of course you get no leech and no regen lol).

I ran a double curse set up and WM is exceptional with it's leech and EC generation. That's another 12% physical damage mitigation and free overcap on resists for EW maps (something this build lacks actually).
Deliver pain exquisite
"
"
Drahnier123 wrote:

Blasphemy Temp Chains
Blasphemy Enfeeble
Blasphemy Warlords mark

I would say enfeeble or WM make better choices than temp chains. The latter is good don't get me wrong, but the nicety of an ice WI build is that you get chill plus freezes to keep monsters in check. This means you can offload the slow for something you're not getting: namely a multiplicative damage reduction or doubling your leech (and giving you mana leech which means maps that affect your mana in anyway become a non issue; unless of course you get no leech and no regen lol).

I ran a double curse set up and WM is exceptional with it's leech and EC generation. That's another 12% physical damage mitigation and free overcap on resists for EW maps (something this build lacks actually).

The overcap is a really good point. That tipped my decision. :)
The biggest advantage of this build is definitely the physical mitigation, elementalist can get more damage but no class scales armour/ES and flat physical reduction like the guardian. The game sometimes feels like path of one shot mechanics and high Es pools combined with mitigation is the best way to prevent that even more then infinite damage vaal pact builds.

With how many people are thinking guardian OP (they provide so much as pure support) it may be nerfed at some point. On the other hand everyone thinks scion is underpowered and she is quite close to being better then elemenalist in this particular build since she gets Int and skill points so the next time ascendencies get rebalanced it will be interesting to see what becomes best

I currently like enfeeble more then warlords partly because I like that thematic feel of not taking much damage more then taking big hits and then just leeching up before they get another hit. Another reason is that I've been seeing the videos showing how warlords is still bugged when combined with the life leech gem doing the order incorrectly and providing more leech then it should. I don't want to rate it in its bugged form and then need to readjust when they fix the bug
Last edited by WaffleT on Oct 4, 2016, 11:22:28 AM
Hi im trying this out, currently level 67 and my ES is only 4.3k fully buffed.

Can you take a look at my char and see if anything is wrong? Besides missing the last two ascendancy (going to get them today/tomorrow).

Nearing 1.5k int.
"
bitbite11 wrote:
Hi im trying this out, currently level 67 and my ES is only 4.3k fully buffed.

Can you take a look at my char and see if anything is wrong? Besides missing the last two ascendancy (going to get them today/tomorrow).

Nearing 1.5k int.

Your profile is private, but you can check mine if you want, atm lvl 64 i think with 5.5k+ ES.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info