[2.5] 2600+ Int Whispering Ice Guardian. Wonderous Wizard of Wisdom

Hi i like your build , how much dps would i lose of switch your helmet out for something else?
"
Faethin wrote:
Hi i like your build , how much dps would i lose of switch your helmet out for something else?

Depends on your level and how much Int you have. the more levels the more base Int, the more 15% increased Int does.

the +1 to socketed gems is also pretty important

What would you be swapping it to?
What are your thoughts on Blasphemy Warlords mark?
saves a gem-slot on staff for even more damage and mana leech lets us do no regen maps without gemswap.

Obvs worse vs hexproof but this is something you could swap out for easily.

My main concern would mostly be if we can still leech facetank bosses with their reduced curse multiplier but the extra damage support should balance this out nicely, also can't blasphemy temp chains then without dual curse but that might be worth specing into, lose a lil int, gain a whole extra support gem. (also free endurance charges so you're still buffing both offense and defense with that extra curse rather than int)

On another note. What do you think of the new shaper's Touch gloves? would give the build about 230% inc evasion rating, would then drop Unwavering stance and pick up Grace Aura to get 10k+ Evasion easy(lil bit on hat and boots already). The loss of Unwavering stance sucks but we still have conditional immunity on block and gain probably 70% evasion chance or so(not certain on exact % chance)
Assuming 200 or so other stats(hat, belt, astramentis, emp mastery) the gloves also give 20% inc ES and 50 base mana, 50 base life. Lost Int from our old gloves easily made up for by dropping Unwavering stance. can probs also get better then the 13.45 int per node pathing to the last jewel slot there.

TLDR, lose stance but gain Massive evasion to make up for it, make up for int loss with more int on tree, gloves also give life,mana,ES%

Expensive option no doubt but interesting to think about. Wiki link if you're unfamiliar; http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shaper%27s_Touch
Last edited by Drahnier123 on Sep 5, 2016, 10:26:30 PM
x
Last edited by WaffleT on Sep 6, 2016, 6:02:41 AM
"
Drahnier123 wrote:
What are your thoughts on Blasphemy Warlords mark?
saves a gem-slot on staff for even more damage and mana leech lets us do no regen maps without gemswap.

Obvs worse vs hexproof but this is something you could swap out for easily.

My main concern would mostly be if we can still leech facetank bosses with their reduced curse multiplier but the extra damage support should balance this out nicely, also can't blasphemy temp chains then without dual curse but that might be worth specing into, lose a lil int, gain a whole extra support gem. (also free endurance charges so you're still buffing both offense and defense with that extra curse rather than int)

On another note. What do you think of the new shaper's Touch gloves? would give the build about 230% inc evasion rating, would then drop Unwavering stance and pick up Grace Aura to get 10k+ Evasion easy(lil bit on hat and boots already). The loss of Unwavering stance sucks but we still have conditional immunity on block and gain probably 70% evasion chance or so(not certain on exact % chance)
Assuming 200 or so other stats(hat, belt, astramentis, emp mastery) the gloves also give 20% inc ES and 50 base mana, 50 base life. Lost Int from our old gloves easily made up for by dropping Unwavering stance. can probs also get better then the 13.45 int per node pathing to the last jewel slot there.

TLDR, lose stance but gain Massive evasion to make up for it, make up for int loss with more int on tree, gloves also give life,mana,ES%

Expensive option no doubt but interesting to think about. Wiki link if you're unfamiliar; http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shaper%27s_Touch

The build needs 4 purities and discipline. There is then room for 1 more. Currently arctic armour is recommend until late game where it can be upgraded into haste. 1 Blasphemy or grace are the other options but I think I prefer the haste. The range of warlords mark even with our aoe isn't quite wide enough to be killing things on the edge of the screen and curse immune maps become an issue. There is no red gem that is very appealing so it wouldn't be just a gem swap to change life leech back and forth into something else for different maps.

In fact there is very few gems left at all that can actually be used. Concentrated effect guts the AOE and I don't like using it for mapping. Added cold is ok but not great since whispering ice already scales its base damage so much through Int. Hypothermia doesn't work on atziri and the other top tier bosses are immune to chill as well, thats about it for potential gems

When the gloves were released I definitely took notice. They are something that I think requires testing as how often you get stunned and how dangerous it is best experienced rather then theorized. They do pretty much require grace to be effective and losing haste would be quite the pain. I love the movement speed for dodging boss attacks and map clear speed but probably worth testing when I get a pair.
Last edited by WaffleT on Sep 6, 2016, 6:04:38 AM
Hi, I love your build!

I finally had a good use for my old discarded LvL93 standard Block Templar and so I respecced him to your Whispering Ice version and love to play around in Standard whenever I am too tired to play my Summoner in Essence league

My Standard Whispering Ice Templar (aka currency sink)

Spoiler Gear / Flasks

Jewels

3x

4x

I was a bit disappointed about the waste of half of the “Time of Need” buff (Every 5 seconds, 30% of Maximum Life Regenerated over one second) as well as half of the “Unwavering Faith” buff (Auras you Cast grant 0.2% of Maximum Life Regenerated per second to you and Allies) by using Vaal Pact.

So as an alternative I specced out of Vaal Pact and into Zealot’s Oath and tried to squeeze in Righteous Fire into the built for the more Spell Damage modifier.

I had to use the Reduced Mana Reservation Nodes in the Sovereignty cluster to fit in an Empowered Purity of Fire into the Helmet and had to use Vitality instead of Haste.

In addition I opted for the Stone Golem for the additional Life regeneration but now I can run around with RF if I want to even though I will lose a big chunk of ES before Time of Need kicks in (assuming I am not leeching ES back via Ghost Reaver, but usually I am ;)

You will not be able to activate RF in maps with Regen Modifiers / Minus Max Resist / Vulnerability / etc., but in these cases you still benefit from the (remaining) ES regen.

'Simple Math'

I hope I did not miscalculate, but here it goes:

So I am at roughly 1500 Life and 9500 Energy Shield, meaning RF will cause (1500 Life * 90% RF degeneration + 9500 * 70% RF degeneration ) * ( 1 – 83 % Fire resistance ) = 1360 ES degeneration per second

From Unwavering Faith I get 1.4% ES regeneration, from the small Node before Time of Need another 0.5% ES regeneration and from Vitality 3.0% regeneration ( LvL24 Vitality via +1 Helm +3 from LvL3 Empower in +1 Helm = 1.85% * (1+64% Aura Effectiveness) ) totaling in 4.9% ES regeneration or 9500 * 4.9% = 468 ES regeneration per second

In addition I have my little Stone Golem for another 105 ES regeneration per Second which leads to 573 ES regeneration per Second

Net degeneration is therefore 1360 – 573 = 787 ES degeneration per second

Over 5 Seconds this is 3935 ES degeneration at which Time of Need sets in and regenerates 9500 * 30% = 2850 ES over a second resulting in 9500 – 3935 + 2850 – 787 = 7628 remaining ES after 6 seconds

So I am still losing ES when standing still and doing nothing ,)

I could use Shavronne’s Gambit for another 2% ES regen or get the 2% regen from The DoT/Regen Node in the “Growth and Decay” cluster as well as hoping for a Stone Golem Helmet Enchantment. Any two of these would bring me to a net positive ES over 6 Seconds.

Source: Zealot’s Oath and ES interaction
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69777/page/4#p864682

Speccing into ES regen via Zealot’s Oath makes running the Lab even more easier too (not that this is important) since you can just use that nice ES regen and almost disregard the damage from traps completely.

Overall, I do not think that this is a better built than the original one, but if you are the person that hates if “things” go to waste, this might be an option for you as well ;)
Last edited by brenador on Sep 6, 2016, 8:37:20 PM
Thanks for this build! Currently level 76, and ever since I switched to lowlife (at around 62), it's been amazing.

Now, I got these:

Sacrificing around 40-50 Int on the three to get Whispers of Doom should be worth it, right?
"
brenador wrote:
Hi, I love your build!

I finally had a good use for my old discarded LvL93 standard Block Templar and so I respecced him to your Whispering Ice version and love to play around in Standard whenever I am too tired to play my Summoner in Essence league

Overall, I do not think that this is a better built than the original one, but if you are the person that hates if “things” go to waste, this might be an option for you as well ;)

Thanks man. I do admit that it is a bit annoying how much of the stats are "wasted" and running RF is a very interesting idea. I agree that it seems like too much investment for the payoff and RF is in general not great because of how many map mods it cannot do but I like how you tried :)
"
Thanks for this build! Currently level 76, and ever since I switched to lowlife (at around 62), it's been amazing.

Now, I got these:

Sacrificing around 40-50 Int on the three to get Whispers of Doom should be worth it, right?

I believe the elemental weakness curse should take priority over the temp chains curse. Which is good because weakness is better then a level 1 temp chains and I wouldn't spend 3 points to get a level 1 temp chains
"
WaffleT wrote:
I believe the elemental weakness curse should take priority over the temp chains curse. Which is good because weakness is better then a level 1 temp chains and I wouldn't spend 3 points to get a level 1 temp chains

Good point. I tried it and Ele Weakness does take priority. I might switch to them later, but right now I need a 4L in my gloves. Still pretty sick spellcaster leveling gloves (together with Windscream or Doedre's Ring).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info