[2.3][SC][800kDPS]End-game Crit Flame Totem Build

"
7thSlap wrote:

Thx a lot for the long answer. I just started this build and so far its fun. Later on I try to buy/craft rings with crit multi and a cast speed dagger.

My gear so far:

Spoiler

Flasks:

Yeah your gear looks solid and in case you don't know: i can see your gear via your profile and you can see mine in my profile too.

There are a few little things that i think you can improve on:

- your rings have suboptimal bases you are losing up to 60 % inc crit chance there

- the importance of gems in the Infernal Mantle are:

Flame Totem > Empower lvl 2+ > Inc Crit Strikes > Elemental Focus > Controlled Destruction > Faster Projectiles

you got a 5link but you don't have an Empower socketed; you should really consider this because Empower skyrockets your dps even with only lvl 2 even more with lvl 3+ (depends on what you can afford)

- think about putting Vaal Haste somewhere else and socket low lvl enfeeble in your Immortal Call setup so you double profit defensewise from your CWDT

- your amulet lacks inc crit chance you're missing out on an easy 30%+ there too
Forget kings and emperors;

He who holds the coin holds all the power.
Can someone advise,

Is it better to get the Infernal Mantle 5 Link and skip Empower

Or get a decent 6 Link and use Empower?
"
Alzaraz wrote:
Can someone advise,

Is it better to get the Infernal Mantle 5 Link and skip Empower

Or get a decent 6 Link and use Empower?

Use Infernal Mantle and use Empower; even in a 4link you use Empower; my last post here is about Gem importance:

"
DocWeed2k1 wrote:

- the importance of gems in the Infernal Mantle are:

Flame Totem > Empower lvl 2+ > Inc Crit Strikes > Elemental Focus > Controlled Destruction > Faster Projectiles

So for a 5link Infernal you skip Faster Proj

If you're going to use a conventional 6link then i would recommend a whole other build cause this build only works with an Infernal Mantle

Last edited by DocWeed2k1 on Oct 2, 2016, 5:02:57 AM
With BM+EB+MOM the build is basically designed around the mantle. Luckily its very cheap!

Thanks for the guide guys Im returning to POE after a year away and this is a perfect guide for an easy to gear first build of the league. I always loved dual totems playstyle. Yes, I like to drink and smoke when I play so twitch builds are not really my thing!
Since you have so much Str and Int have you considered using Repentance Gloves?... would = up to around 60% increased Spell or an iron will support instead of controlled destruction. So that you can gain back your original 100% crit chance for maybe a cost of a little bit of damage. depending if 38%+50% (around 50% not sure on amount) increased spell damage i an not sure if that would or would not be better then 45% more spell damage.
Last edited by PrinceCuddles on Oct 17, 2016, 9:18:40 PM
"
Xo3 wrote:
Since you have so much Str and Int have you considered using Repentance Gloves?... would = up to around 60% increased Spell or an iron will support instead of controlled destruction. So that you can gain back your original 100% crit chance for maybe a cost of a little bit of damage. depending if 38%+50% (around 50% not sure on amount) increased spell damage i an not sure if that would or would not be better then 45% more spell damage.

Nice Idea, but i hardly think that it's possible to not spent like a crapton of skillpoints to even get to the point where you meet the Str and Int requirements for Repentance Gloves. That's something you need to take into consideration when talking about effiency.

On the other hand with Iron Will and my current iteration of the build you would gain like 35 % increased spell damage but compared to 45 % MORE spell damage and 100 % reduced crit chance via Controlled Destruction it's nearly nothing. You would have to meet at least the 300 str requirement you need for Repentance to make Iron Will even considerable and in that case you are better off wearing the gloves anyway.

Last edited by DocWeed2k1 on Oct 20, 2016, 9:45:03 PM
I still think this is the best flame totem build around, Im currently testing and theorycrafting if any changes can be made for it to be my first char next hc league. Few questions and thoughts if anyones still paying attention.

Do you think unwavering stance is necessary for hc version? Its not that far off from blood magic but Id still rather not spend the points.

Melding wheel between witch and shadow looks really good for more life and es, Im pretty much definitely going to take it.

Planning to run stone golem plus maybe vitality or arctic armour for epic hp regen on top of the little bit from the tree. Actually I guess good question would be, which do you think would be better AA or vitality? Ive read a few places AA is better, but since a totem build should pretty much always be moving im leaning towards increased regen + highish armor for mitigation.

I notice a lot more builds lately are running like tempchains+gmp+glacial cascade on their cwdt instead of immortal call lately, what you guys think is superior? We probably have room in this build to fit 2 cwdt setups for extra security.

I really wish placing totems counted as a spell for that last inquisitor ascendancy skill. We have whirling blades to proc part of it, but dont cast any spells to proc the other part. Ive seen some people manually casting a curse for it, others using an orb of storms+pcoc+curse on hit setup for setting it off on bosses. Endgame its probably not needed as the dps is pretty damn impressive once you really get going but Im still toying with ideas.

Input welcome, thanks! This is almost identical to the main build with a few tiny changes, still experimenting:

very slightly modified ~85 tree
Last edited by kuromahou on Nov 10, 2016, 2:19:55 PM
Hi,
In the video T15 Abyss you have helmet and chest but with that helmet you can't use chest... how can you do that?
nice copy paste of my build dude ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haVCqv2Km-Y&

youtube.com/Niffler
IGN.: Niffler
Hi,
With the nerf in the facebreaker (45% from 90%), is it still viable? Or recommends a good rare glove?

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info