HiltLess CWDT Berserker Build. I Hurt Myself today.. To proc my CWDT...

"
JohnOldman wrote:
"
golan4840 wrote:

I swapped Inc AOE on Cyclone for Fortify, and also swapped Silver flask with Basalt flask, and things are considerably better. My clear speed took of a bit of a hit but at least I can actually play the character. Hopefully when I get more damage the leech will naturally get to where it suppose to be

Edit: actually when I think about it, it makes sense. The damage you inflict upon yourself remains constant throughout your progression, while the damage you deal, and therefore leech, is increased immensely, therefore solving the problem later on. Am I correct?

Yes the better the gear the less leech problems, also your poacher's mark is lvl 12, once it gets to lvl 18-20 you will heavily notice it.

Yea you're right, its level 19 now and already dropped Fortify for Added fire, will swap the basalt for Atziri flask as soon as I get one.

Btw I actually found myself using pretty much only Quicksilver flask to travel. it feels really slow to use leap slam for that purpose. The only time I use leap slap is to get over terrains and occasionally dodge stuff. I was thinking getting a 5L on my hiltless for Inc AOE/Conc for bosses, and put leap slam in the sixth socket. I tested it and the speed seems to be good enough for dodging.
Last edited by golan4840 on Apr 11, 2017, 6:01:27 PM
Progress update:

Level 93 in SSF Legacy, my gems and especially tree are quite different to better suite my situation in SSF.

My current gear:

"

RNG has been kind to me so far, Carcass just dropped randomaly. 1 divine was required for decent roll.
1 major change I did was squizing in herald of ash to the build. It only cost me 4 points on the tree (which also give 6% aura effect). If ever get the 20% reduced hatred reservation (which is never) I will rerspec out of those nodes obviously.

I currently decided not to use Leap slam setup with

But I will swap for those gloves with leap slam and golem once I get my 6L on hiltless

getting close.
I have no intentions to get a double 6L for this build so I will have room for both my golem and my totem, without having to go 4 off color on gloves.

Passive Tree:
rFCAWvxbpGYoajxzcHwIhkCLqIvQkNySLJpUqODIBMtE1kjY9NsU6WDrhPAU9Xz38RUdFfkWdR35Ms03jUEJQR1JTUzVTUlVLVYVVxlZIWGNfP1_QYeJirGVNZ5to8mpDavpsC2yMbRltbG87d

I don't want to go too deep into why I made all these changes, but this is in my opinion the most efficient way to run the elemental tree. My life pool is basically the same as the original version (sitting at 7.5k life atm).
Same number of jewel sockets.
Traded 50% life recovery from flasks for 40% flasks efeect and 12% flasks duration (vastly superior since it increases the effect of the damage flasks as well).
Lost 9% attack speed and 5% move speed, but gained 16% inc aoe and 20% area damage (worth).
Gained 6% aura effect + Herald of ash.
this setup puts me 2 passives away from another jewel socket, worth respecing 2 life nodes tro get it (need a good jewel for that first).

As for my experince with the build so far - This build is super fun to play. Superb speed farmer and very good boss killer. I was very inexperinced at first and died alot of times in the early 90s. Some essence monster were absolutely unkillable for me. Most of the times I would greed and try to kill them regrdless.
I died a couple of times to the mobs that release spikes upon killing then. Killing a full pack in the exact same time makes you take the entire damage from spikes with no leech options left. gotta kite those when you see them, not kill all at once.
I died to a mob that exploaded when killed in a t14 map.
apprantly fortify in not enough to tank Vaal smash in t11 wasteland (lul).

Sadly, uber trials are absolute cancer so im unable to farm those offerings. The only trial I can run safely is burning rage. Died too much to other trials to ever enter them again.
Same goes for uber labs. Izaro is easy, traps are awful. 4 life flasks is good enough though.

When it come to atziri this char kinda sucks. Atziri is all about dodging, Cyclone is locking you down and leap slam is the worst mobily skill for dodging (short range, makes you walk a few steps if you click too far away... so annoying). I watched your shaper video and it is clear that the only problem you have is that you cant dodge the slam, which most builds in this game can dodge pretty easily with whirling blades or shield charge.

Will probably run another char just for uber atziri and shaper, but as a map farmer this build feels great.

Overall, I want to thank the original poster for this truly awesome build, made my SSF experience very rewarding. Cheers.

Last edited by golan4840 on Apr 24, 2017, 1:52:57 PM
"
golan4840 wrote:

Sadly, uber trials are absolute cancer so im unable to farm those offerings. The only trial I can run safely is burning rage. Died too much to other trials to ever enter them again.
Same goes for uber labs. Izaro is easy, traps are awful. 4 life flasks is good enough though.

When it come to atziri this char kinda sucks. Atziri is all about dodging, Cyclone is locking you down and leap slam is the worst mobily skill for dodging (short range, makes you walk a few steps if you click too far away... so annoying). I watched your shaper video and it is clear that the only problem you have is that you cant dodge the slam, which most builds in this game can dodge pretty easily with whirling blades or shield charge.

for uber trials 3 things really help, one is faster movement skill, run brightbreak shield charge/leap on off set or dedicated 4L gloves (this is also the best go to option for overall clear speed once you are able to ditch enough damage anyway, if your Time to kill is a single spell rotation on trash, you should consider aiming the rest of your gear to faster leap slamming.)

Second one is using your Ancestral protector on top of the most bothersome traps, sometimes takes a bit long but once you get used to it it isn't that bad.

Third is another trick i always forgot to put on the main topic, if you get stuck low life in the middle of a trial without potion charges often, Bring Desecrate + Devouring totem, either on the inventory or in the offhand, devouring count as leech so its even instant, with this underused combo you can get infinite sustain between traps without running out potion charges if you cant rely on life regen.

For Atziri your mobility is really low, you are running leap slam without essence gloves, but also without faster attacks and your boots are only 20% ms, just by having faster attack on leap slam, running with 30% ms boots and saving quicksilver for oh shit moments i can easily dodge all Atziri casts while cycloning.
When You die on Softcore, you lose experience.
When you die on Hardcore, you gain experience.
Last edited by JohnOldman on Apr 25, 2017, 9:56:03 PM
So sad to see this gutted.

It is still strong, super fast, and really fun, but nowhere near as strong as it was pre-Scold's

What about trying to utilize an Eye of Innocence? I was able to breeze through everything up to Shaper no problem using the Strength version with Iron Will before the nerf, but there needs to be a better way to trigger the CwdT setups faster without gimping their damage by de-leveling them.

This is what I was running before, not sure how I would go about fixing it unfortunately (which is why I was thinking of using an Eye of Innocence)

Tree: https://tinyurl.com/y8p8cwes
Last edited by Zietlogik on Jun 19, 2017, 3:49:53 PM
Nice build, I will try it in 3.0, unless it wont work anymore.
Anything known about it as far as 3.0 infos are released?

But I dont get one thing. You try to avoid armour. How arent you a walking one shot?
"
majesthro wrote:
Nice build, I will try it in 3.0, unless it wont work anymore.
Anything known about it as far as 3.0 infos are released?

But I dont get one thing. You try to avoid armour. How arent you a walking one shot?

Armor makes reflect from weapon really bad also is harder to take savage shots and for oneshots it doesn't do as much as you think due to the formula, armor is most effective for small hits.

Defenses are covered by instant 100% of your Damage Leech, elemental resistances and tons of HP

Atm only big hits oneshots that are physical dmg oriented are telegraphed stuff you should not facetank on the first place or are easy to dodge with cyclone.

"
morinr wrote:

Hey man,

I was wondering what you think about your build in 3.0? I am thinking of doing it, hopefully better performance than before so should be smoother.

Also why the hypothermia, do you really need it? I would think its only good for trash mobs, which I wouldn't think you need it on. Would additional accuracy be better? Or even culling strike for bosses?

I am thinking of doing the phys focused build in 3.0 hopefully they don't nerf or change anything in beta before then.

Cheers,
Morinr

About The build on 3.0 im still going to play it, but we dont know yet of any new active spells gems, once there are more changes set in stone i will update this post

On the hypothermia side, AFAIK unless stated otherwise bellow the boss hp bar (Atziri, Chimera..) bosses can be chilled and you permachill via chilled ground with vortex procs.

All support and active gems on the build are subject to change once 3.0 comes
When You die on Softcore, you lose experience.
When you die on Hardcore, you gain experience.
Right... even after 6 years I still always forget standing on chilled ground = chilled, and standing on shocked ground = shocked. So the vortex will proc the hypothermia so yes that makes sense. I have Favorited your build to give it a shot, hopefully they don't screw the CWDT up for 3.0.

Also how would you compare this to the AFK gone cheap/meta build?
Last edited by morinr on Jun 27, 2017, 9:16:12 PM
Supporting cyclone with Main should give a nice more multiplier to all Phy spells which is a pretty big buff. I want to try this build but weave in RF somehow.
"
WaterWii wrote:
Supporting cyclone with Main should give a nice more multiplier to all Phy spells which is a pretty big buff. I want to try this build but weave in RF somehow.

Maim in my mind would probably be more total dps as it will increase all phys spells and cyclone. Cyclone by 48% more Phys, and spells 29% more phys. Might be a good test for POB.

I am hoping for another interesting phys spell... will have to see how it goes.
Last edited by morinr on Jun 28, 2017, 6:26:32 PM

Have you try swap cyclone for blade flury on shaper to be more free of escape his abilitys? Same color, can use same support gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info