Mechanical Questions Thread

Animated guardian and animated guardian's weapon question.

So if i animate a guardian and use the Necromantic aegis keystone i understand that they will receive my shields bonuses. And if i use Chains of command and begin summoning animated weapons will the animated weapons receive it also or are they considered the minions of the guardian and therefore not receive it as they are not mine?
Last edited by MeetYurMaker on Aug 15, 2018, 8:49:51 PM
Hey Mark,

Regarding totem placement speed :

a) Cast speed also affects it
b) Cast speed does not affect it and the only way to "put" a totem faster is increasing placement speed.
c) There is the player's cast speed (=animation) and then the totem placement speed (=totem "poping up" animation), and therefore having both can be useful ( for the sole purpose of placing totem I mean )
d) Not of the 3 previous assertions, and I would love to hear how it actually works.

Cheers

PS : I have been looking quite a bit on the internet, and haven't found any "confirmed" source clearly saying what's what, I've seen people saying that cast speed works, and one or two people saying that it does not + the wiki does not say much and is quite confusing :
"
Totem Placement Speed is a basic passive skill that grants increased cast speed for summoning totems.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Totem_Placement_Speed
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 15, 2018, 11:15:38 PM
"
Fruz wrote:
Regarding totem placement speed : [...]

Totem placement speed affects how fast your character summons the totem.

Cast speed affects how frequently the totem casts your spells once it is summoned.

Both stats are useful for totems casting spells, but they each do different things.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Aug 15, 2018, 11:48:23 PM
So you confirm that standard "increase cast speed" does not increase the speed at which a player "summons" a totem ?

So b) ?

I honestly think that the wiki really should be edited and improved regarding this tbh.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 16, 2018, 1:12:21 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
So you confirm that standard "increase cast speed" does not increase the speed at which a player "summons" a totem ?

That is correct.

"
I honestly think that the wiki really should be edited and improved regarding this tbh.

It is a wiki, it is maintained (or not maintained) by players; and prone to being incorrect or outdated for this reason. It is not an official GGG source and GGG has no control over it.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Aug 16, 2018, 2:20:48 AM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

That is correct.

Alright then, thanks.

"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"

It is a wiki, it is maintained (or not maintained) by players; and prone to being incorrect or outdated for this reason. It is not an official GGG source and GGG has no control over it.

I know, but for some reason I thought that not everyone could edit it.
I will gladly improve it now that I got an answer.

If Marks feels like answering the question too, I will also reference him as a source ( not that I do not trust you, but I'd prefer only linking DEV's quotes as sources ).
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 16, 2018, 2:40:54 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
If Marks feels like quoting the question, I will also reference him as a source ( not that I do not trust you, but I'd prefer only linking DEV's quotes as sources ).

In that regard; I would prefer if you did not quote myself as a source. I am not a GGG member, and I do not want to give the impression that I am an authority. I can tell you what I know with reasonable certainty; but I can be wrong every now and then.

(Unless it is something like an in-game testing to confirm some mechanic, which can be provably right; in which case quote away!)
I know, that is also one reason why I didn't and would not do that ;)
Hi, I have questions about interactions between animate guardian/Chains of Command and Vulconus.

If I equip a vulconus to my guardian :
- Can he gain Avatar of Fire ?
- If the enemy is bleeding and/or ignited, does the guardian gain the bonus damage of Vulconus ?

If I equip Chains of Command :
- Can animated weapons gain AoF ?
- If they can gain AoF, do they gain AoF at the same time ?
- If the enemy is bleeding and/or ignited, does animated weapons gain the bonus damage of Vulconus ?

I have a build idea where I equip Vulconus to my guardian and if the animated weapons can't gain AoF at the same time or can't gain AoF then you can suppose that the enemy is bleeding and ignited to give bonuses to my weapons.
Hi,I noticed that when enemy killed by occultist's "profane bloom" ,it seems like the "kill" does not conunt as "player's kill".

Thus the vaal skill and soul eat cannot get charge from these kills.

It is obviously that a huge pack monsters can only give souleat effect less than 10.The vaal skill is hardly get fully charged even map cleaned.

So is this a bug or something?
Last edited by naodaitaida on Aug 16, 2018, 12:18:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info