Vortex

"
GornoDD wrote:
"
Arialia wrote:
Well only Dot which could stack is poison all others don't ...

So If I link vortex to poison support? Will that work?
Poison is based on Physical plus Chaos Damage dealt, so it won't be a strong Poison. It will work, technically.
The innate Cold DoT does not stack.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 10, 2016, 9:23:55 AM
Added damage to spells (e.g. 'adds x cold damage to spells' on weapons) doesn't count as spell damage modifier, right? It won't scale the dot, only the hit?
It doesn't scale the Damage over Time because you cannot add flat Damage bonuses to a degeneration value. Flat damage will only scale the initial Hit.
Okay, thought so.

Another question: are there no helm enchantments from labyrinth for Vortex yet? Or is the wiki outdated?
Its possible for explosion effect to became way larger than the ground degeneration. It seems that once certain level of radious is reached the ground degen is not able to reach any further. Working as intended?
What modifiers currently scale both the initial explosion and the degen effect?
My list so far (please correct me if I'm incorrect or incomplete): Area Damage, Spell Damage, Elemental Damage, Cold Damage?

As far as good support gems go, it looks like Controlled Destruction, Increased AOE, Conc. Effect, and Empower? Elemental focus looks okay for damage but I'm personally avoiding because I like Conflux/Beacon, as well as basic chills.
"
zhouster wrote:
What modifiers currently scale both the initial explosion and the degen effect?
My list so far (please correct me if I'm incorrect or incomplete): Area Damage, Spell Damage, Elemental Damage, Cold Damage?

As far as good support gems go, it looks like Controlled Destruction, Increased AOE, Conc. Effect, and Empower? Elemental focus looks okay for damage but I'm personally avoiding because I like Conflux/Beacon, as well as basic chills.

What about Rapid Dacay I think that's also viable

I also wondering spell or elemental damage scale better with this skill... which worth to invest
Suggestion

Make this skill fire, even when the mousepointer is whereever. It drives me crazy to be in a situation you could have JUST survived, if the skill had fire, but no, you accidentally had your mouse over some piece of inaccessible area, and boom, dead.

Please fix that.
please make vortex cast at frostbolt's location even after a player has moved.
Vortex says "Modifiers to Spell Damage apply to this skill's Damage Over Time."

Doe this mean that ANY DoT effect created by the skill is modified by spell damage or just the AoE ground effect it creates?

Example: If I support Vortex with Cold to Fire, is the burn it creates modified by spell damage? (It is not typically for other skills that can burn.)
Doomed for Life

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info