|||||| [2.5.2d] The Endless Retch (Updated 1/29 w/Temp League Guide!) ||||||

"
Bobodelamonk wrote:
Hello,

After having saved up some currency in the breach league I figured I should finally go make a melee build.
At the moment I'm getting near level 60 and just got the belt sorted out.

Now I've read that I need to grab vaal pact in order for the build to function properly. (IE be broken AF)
But which nodes would you suggest to drop in order to grab vaal pact?
Or would you suggest a different layout for the passive tree if you don't have aces to legacy items?

Cheers for the help and creating this nice build!

I would recommend spending the 6 points to go straight up from Primal Spirit to get Vaal Pact. You can drop DPS nodes anywhere on the tree to get the points for Vaal Pact, or to get more life due to not having legacy Kaom's.

Glad you're enjoying the build!
The Endless Retch: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1655814
Hey,

I just made the build in breach, and adapted it to a few things.

First of all, Im running blasphemy with poacher's mark and elemental weakness. Poacher's mark fixes two of our problems: It fixes our accuracy, and gives us 100% more flask charges, allowing us to run only one non-legacy vinktar. Ele weakness allows us to mow down packs instantly.

I did not go to the scion area to take the 20% area of effect, as it costs way too many points when we need to waste 12 for whispers of doom and vaal pact. Probably gonna take more life nodes in the next levels.

Feel free to look at my character (Unbanned). I think it adapted to the non-legacy items pretty well, as I'm one shotting everything in t15-16 maps and am able to do guardian of the phoenix easily. Still need the second disfavour for memes thoo.
Last edited by ordinateur123 on Dec 26, 2016, 9:38:09 AM
"
ordinateur123 wrote:
Hey,

I just made the build in breach, and adapted it to a few things.

First of all, Im running blasphemy with poacher's mark and elemental weakness. Poacher's mark fixes two of our problems: It fixes our accuracy, and gives us 100% more flask charges, allowing us to run only one non-legacy vinktar. Ele weakness allows us to mow down packs instantly.

I did not go to the scion area to take the 20% area of effect, as it costs way too many points when we need to waste 12 for whispers of doom and vaal pact. Probably gonna take more life nodes in the next levels.

Feel free to look at my character (Unbanned). I think it adapted to the non-legacy items pretty well, as I'm one shotting everything in t15-16 maps and am able to do guardian of the phoenix easily. Still need the second disfavour for memes thoo.

How are the rest of the guardians? I was going to try out this build in Breach too. Thanks!
What are you gonna come with in the next days Daqoss ? Saw you selling your axe & amy.. wondering what you got in mind !
"
Qaen wrote:
What are you gonna come with in the next days Daqoss ? Saw you selling your axe & amy.. wondering what you got in mind !

I don't really play new leagues; the way I play the game is to experiment with new build ideas in Standard. I am just keeping some of my nicer gear on the market while I experiment in case I get a good offer. I probably won't actually sell most of it.

I'm not sure what I will land on next, but it will definitely be Retch-based. Stay tuned!
Update: I'm continuing to "retchify" various melee gems to test performance. I uploaded a new Leap Slam video, clearing Maze of the Minotaur in 64 seconds. Enjoy!

Video: T16 Maze of the Minotaur (Leap Slam Edition)[v3]
is it better to play with HOWA since it has pure lightning damage?
it would give insane leech with vinktar and ci is viable for that.
"
noknok0427 wrote:
is it better to play with HOWA since it has pure lightning damage?
it would give insane leech with vinktar and ci is viable for that.

Retch + Endless Hunger doesn't work with Ghost Reaver, unfortunately. Otherwise HOWA or Hyaon's Fury would be a great choice.

If they ever make hybrid life/ES more viable, I'll be all over it.
Huh, retch with dual claws, belly and vinktar sounds fun, would be weird pathing, may test this when leagues merge, could use pen vinktar in that case, drop ele weakness for conductivity, wrath instead of hatred. Losing lots of range obviously.
"
Huh, retch with dual claws, belly and vinktar sounds fun, would be weird pathing, may test this when leagues merge, could use pen vinktar in that case, drop ele weakness for conductivity, wrath instead of hatred. Losing lots of range obviously.

Interesting thought. You may be able to make up the range loss with 4L HoA (ele prolif, inc aoe, etc).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info