[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
Zazatotz wrote:

Flasks

Any reason you've only got 1 suffix on some of those flasks?

I know the 2nd suffix (affix?) might change things for the worse, but for a few burned potatoes (Augmentations?) and bugglegums (Alterations?) you could end up with a 2nd set of effects on those flasks.
Last edited by Bugnaz on Nov 13, 2016, 12:03:23 PM
"
Frenzy and Enduring Cry with Blood Magic Support in my Off hand so that i have a way to generate Frenzy and Endurance charges during bossfights
and to get the self Heal from Enduring Cry.

Let me know what you think guys.

I've always had Frenzy as a gem just to make sure I can get Frenzy charges during boss fights, and I often swap in Enduring Cry when playing with friends to help pull aggro.

A couple of days ago I took the leap to linking Frenzy and a Cry to Blood Magic as well for more seamless play. I find it works good.

(but I have to use two Socket rings, and I have no Vaal Haste's - so there is that)...
Last edited by Bugnaz on Nov 13, 2016, 12:13:12 PM
"
mas_mariano wrote:
"
mojo8850 wrote:
So as for the Gem's I have replaced them with the exact lvl on your build guide.
Cast When Damage Taken (level 1) + TEMPEST SHIELD (level 1) + BLOOD RAGE (level 7) + ENFEEBLE (level 3, INT restriction). Enfeeble you mention INT Restriction what lvl should Enfeeble be? otherwise I have it on lvl 3

You could level Enfeeble up to level 5 based on CWDT restrictions, but that requires some more INT and because I use Static Strike setup, I don't need that kind of INT so I prefer to keep Enfeeble at level 3.

Thanks Man..

OK so using cleave.. I have level enfeeble to lvl 5..

Is there anything else I can do I'm leveling up and getting the life nodes right now.. Once I have a better budget I will improve it a lot more Hopefully lol
I did 36 challenges with this char. ty for a nice build!

my char:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/BeneTleilax/characters
"
Bugnaz wrote:
"
Zazatotz wrote:

Flasks

I know the 2nd suffix (affix?) might change things for the worse, but for a few burned potatoes (Augmentations?) and bugglegums (Alterations?) you could end up with a 2nd set of effects on those flasks.

The reason is i've been hurry for Atziri and all I knew that time is . . Just immune bleeding.
so they is no reason I just put Alteration on it and scroll over to breeding , and right now it still same. (LazyLOL)

My Normal Atziri run it just completely rekt!!
"
Bugnaz wrote:

"
Zazatotz wrote:

The reason is i've been hurry for Atziri and all I knew that time is . . Just immune bleeding.
so they is no reason I just put Alteration on it and scroll over to breeding , and right now it still same. (LazyLOL)

(Edit: General advice for anyone here - so using our convo for the benefit of others) :)

I'd suggest getting some White Hallowed Life flasks, and getting the quality up to 20% with x4 Glassblower's Baubles, then put a Transmute Orb on them and Alteration Orb until you get the required types as posted in the OP first post (Seething + Staunching and Seething + Heat)

This doesn't have to be done in one sitting, I find my focus starts to go after 10 or 15 tries, and that's where mistakes and bad decisions occur - So I do mine in little frequent attempts.

I also do one that is Seething + Curing (to handle Poison) and one that is Avengers + Warding (to handle Curses), swapping them out depending on the map / fight I am doing.

Hallowed Life Flasks give you almost as much HP as the higher level ones, they just take twice as long to do it - but that is negated when they are Seething (66% reduced Amount Recovered
Instant Recovery) or Bubbling (50% reduced Amount Recovered. 135% increased Recovery Speed. 50% of Recovery applied Instantly).

The other reason people go for Hallowed Life Flask is that they recharge quicker.
They have 3 uses, and take 10 to recharge each use.

An Eternal Life Flask has 3 uses and takes 15 to recharge each use (5 more charges needed per use).

Keep your old (current) ones until your new ones are correct.

Nice Atziri run btw - I use Sunder too, love that WhamWhamWham! :D
Last edited by Bugnaz on Nov 15, 2016, 11:59:57 AM
Physical Damage Reduction ~

I've noticed that Physical Damage Reduction is capped at 90% and I am at 50% (I'm not sure how that number is reached exactly though).

(Arctic Armour doesn't affect this number in the HideOut tool tip, which confuses me slightly).

With 5 Endurance charges each giving +4% PDR (20% PDR total), and a Basalt Flask also giving 20% PDR, that's the 90% cap already reached (not counting the extra 3% for a Chaos Golem, which does a good job of making up the difference if you only have 4 EC's).

~

Is it worth running Arctic Armour for that extra 13% PDR to be there for when I'm not using the Basalt Flask or my Endurance charges aren't active / at full?

I guess with Arctic Armour and Chaos Golem providing an extra 13% and 3% added to my base 50% I am at 66% constant.

I'm just wondering if EC's and Basalt are already getting me to max PDR, would it be better to run a different Aura...

(Edit:) I've just noticed that the Lioneye's Remorse gives -25% damage taken from projectiles, so that puts me at max% PDR from projectiles, without AA, EC's or Basalt.

And my Anvil Amulet (corrupted) provides -23% PD taken from attacks, so I should also be at max from non-projectiles too, (without AA, EC's or Basalt.)
Last edited by Bugnaz on Nov 16, 2016, 2:20:36 PM
I suggest you to read carefully this wiki page:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Receiving_damage

Damage calculation is quite complex and there's some concepts you're mistaken:

- First of, "less damage taken" is the sixth damage calculation AFTER mitigation. This means that Arctic Armour less damage stat is applied after damage is mitigated by armour and physical damage reduction. So, it doesn't stack with physical damage reduction from EC or Armour, reduction is applied after that, which is a great tradeoff imo for that 25% mana reservation.

- Second, your corrupted Anvil and Lioneye's Remorse, have stats that states "-X physical damage taken..." this means a flat damage reduction, not a percentage. So basically, are useless stats, you just reduce a flat 25 damage from a projectile attack, which is almost nothing.

Hope this helps, but I strongly suggest you take a look at mechanics on wiki because there's a lot of things to consider.
Thanks Mas_Mariano :D

Thanks for taking the time to explain.

Wiki page read, re-read and I expect it will get read again at some point so that I fully know these things and can factor them in easily when needed.

Feeling much better about my Arctic Armour now ~~ and I'm glad I asked here first before changing things and likely getting unpleasantly surprised :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info