[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

On white Minotaur maps average of 2 runs : Sunder 1:43.
: Static Strike 1:22.

Each run with both skills was within a couple of seconds, and no other skills were used aside from my CWDT setup.
On both runs the Static Strike skill was definitely less defensive, my health bar was moving a lot more than when i used Sunder.
This would be attributed to Sunder's ability to kill the adds before they could hit you while Static Strike doesn't do this.
Sunder is also a far superior map clearing skill so unless maximum DPS is required then Sunder is for me.
This is my version of the build. Any tips are appreciated!

I used a corrupted Anvil to hit max block, meaning I don't need Tempest Shield. Instead, I've gone for Riposte on my shield for enormous life gain on block. Dunno if it's actually required though. What else could I use? I switch out for Leap Slam when necessary, so that isn't a problem. Maybe 2x Vaal Haste + Inc Dur somehow.

I prefer Sunder to Static Strike for the clear speed. Since I party with a Ranger, Sunder's range means I get more attacks in as we clear maps. Boss damage seems a little lower but is still good.
I need the Quicksilver Flask to keep up with him, so that's why that's there.

My tree is similar to many others I've seen posted here, taking the Templar nodes up to Retribution. Next will probably be the 2 attack speed clusters then the AoE nodes past Retribution.

I need the following improvements but don't know what to prioritise. Boots then steel rings maybe?
- High-rolled Soul Taker
- 2x steel rings
- Better boots
- 20% quality gems in BoR
- Sunder damage in BoR

Using Cleave in the BoR increases the skill's damage by just over 5%, but I don't like the skill. I'll sell that one and hope for a better enchantment on another.

My second life flask can be improved.

FYI I have since fixed the over-levelled Blood Rage gem :)
Last edited by Bimbletron on Oct 29, 2017, 7:36:58 AM
"
Bimbletron wrote:
This is my version of the build. Any tips are appreciated!

I used a corrupted Anvil to hit max block, meaning I don't need Tempest Shield. Instead, I've gone for Riposte on my shield for enormous life gain on block. Dunno if it's actually required though. What else could I use? I switch out for Leap Slam when necessary, so that isn't a problem. Maybe 2x Vaal Haste + Inc Dur somehow.

I prefer Sunder to Static Strike for the clear speed. Since I party with a Ranger, Sunder's range means I get more attacks in as we clear maps. Boss damage seems a little lower but is still good.
I need the Quicksilver Flask to keep up with him, so that's why that's there.

My tree is similar to many others I've seen posted here, taking the Templar nodes up to Retribution. Next will probably be the 2 attack speed clusters then the AoE nodes past Retribution.

I need the following improvements but don't know what to prioritise. Boots then steel rings maybe?
- High-rolled Soul Taker
- 2x steel rings
- Better boots
- 20% quality gems in BoR
- Sunder damage in BoR

Using Cleave in the BoR increases the skill's damage by just over 5%, but I don't like the skill. I'll sell that one and hope for a better enchantment on another.

My second life flask can be improved.

FYI I have since fixed the over-levelled Blood Rage gem :)

Hey man, I'd say your biggest concern besides the High rolled soul taker & steel rings dps wise is the Added Fire Damage in your Sunder setup... I'd switch it for dmg on full life. Looking at what you are using right now I can for sure say ur doing about 80-90k dps at most.

I have a post on the previous page, regarding what I am using and what I was able to achieve with this build, feel free to check it out.
Hey, thanks for the advice, Damage on Full Life gives me an extra 10k! And this build is very often at full life. I'm now at 75k dps with auras up but no other buffs/flasks/abilities. What's your base dps if you don't mind me asking?

I considered Ruthless support too but it doesn't increase tooltip dps and is hard to measure.

How much dps does your totem deal? I'm wondering if I should try out the 4L warchief. Do you mainly have it set up that way to help with bosses?
"
Bimbletron wrote:
Hey, thanks for the advice, Damage on Full Life gives me an extra 10k! And this build is very often at full life. I'm now at 75k dps with auras up but no other buffs/flasks/abilities. What's your base dps if you don't mind me asking?

I considered Ruthless support too but it doesn't increase tooltip dps and is hard to measure.

How much dps does your totem deal? I'm wondering if I should try out the 4L warchief. Do you mainly have it set up that way to help with bosses?

Hey, sorry for the late answer, didn't really have any time these days.

So with auras my Sunder deals 134k+ dps, with the totem buff up i go up to 160k dps, my totem deals does 30k dps linked with multistrike, melee phys & faster attacks. Would do more ofcourse if my melee phys gem was leveled (however i'd drop either faster attacks or multistrike for culling strike if you don't have it on your axe such as me)

With flasks up & totem I do nearly 250k dps.

I also dropped the rustic sash for the doryani belt for DPS reasons. Ele dmg isn't rly good, you'd preffer phys dmg any day. The way I see it using a rustic sash may have only one reason - and thats life... Also doryani helps u leech back to full faster if you take significant damage.

When I swapped my added fire for damage on full life i got nearly a 30k dps boost. Thats when I dropped the rustic sash for the doryani belt and made that boost even bigger.

Also please take note that my Gladiator is extremely geared head to toe. It's true I cleared everything but this build isn't built for Shaper so I had to work for that kill so keep in mind that you might not achieve the same results if you don't boost your dps Dramaticly.

I failed killing Shaper with Ruthless/Maim & Bleed Support in place of the Dmg on full life. So I'd say Dmg on full life is best...

My final tip would be to drop The Surrender. Honestly it does nothing for you - you don't really need that armor, this build gets more than enough phys reduction. Also you'd always want to rely on raw stats not on triggered effects. The Lioneye's Remorse gives you a lot more life and a bit more flat armor that ends up being a lot more scaling through all your passives. In that regard the crafted % armor on rings helps you drop The Surrender even more. Also the Reckoning that Surrender provides does Barely any damage...
Last edited by insonatiq on Nov 4, 2017, 4:00:49 AM
No worries, I appreciate any and all replies :)

I won't ever be able to template my char like yours, as I don't have the time or currency. Shaper isn't my goal, just end game maps. I'll take your tips into account though and adjust my char accordingly.

I do almost 200k with flasks, vaal haste, blood rage+charges, totem, and violent retaliation all up (though it doesn't happen too often). That'll improve a little but is good enough for what I need.

One final thing, you don't seen to have gone for any chaos resist in your build. I've capped mine (with the flask). Not important?
"
Bimbletron wrote:
No worries, I appreciate any and all replies :)

I won't ever be able to template my char like yours, as I don't have the time or currency. Shaper isn't my goal, just end game maps. I'll take your tips into account though and adjust my char accordingly.

I do almost 200k with flasks, vaal haste, blood rage+charges, totem, and violent retaliation all up (though it doesn't happen too often). That'll improve a little but is good enough for what I need.

One final thing, you don't seen to have gone for any chaos resist in your build. I've capped mine (with the flask). Not important?

I don't feel like chaos is important I mean you barely encounter it, I focused on overcapping my reses so I don't have any problems with ele weakness. By the way you can try using Redblade Tramplers if that doesn't put you out of caps on res.
Ok, I'll forget capping chaos resist then. I can still get it to +23 with the flask up after switching out rings.

I have more than enough fire resist in my current template, but could incorporate Redblade if I rework it more in future.

Thanks for your advice!
Did they fix the Bandit quest yet..
Hey guys, this is my first run through of the game, so I need a bit of advice. I decided to follow this build, but I have been having a lot of trouble with mobs and bosses, starting around lvl 40-50. I am pretty much insta-dying to bosses, and mobs are very dangerous too. I am currently about lvl 69 with 6k defense, 52% chance to block attacks, and almost maxed elemental resist. My damage, however, is very poor at 1.6k for static strike. I don't have any notable equipment besides the Anvil Amulet. Here's my current tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.3/AAAABAQCAQHcBIcFLQaLDPcUIBRxFewY2xo-IOMhYCkuKaUvzDJONZI64TwtPfxAoESeRrdHfk3jUEdTu1hjXz9hIWLsZU1nm287cql07XTxdqx343gNeTl673y4fNl-4oNfg8yE2YTvivCMz4-ZplepbqmVrK-tja4-tfK2irc-uR29Nr6nwBrAv8GCxILE9sauypDPftNv2L3aweRR6UbqGO8O8i_yRfZI9zL46_4K_o8=?accountName=Inderpable&characterName=Inderpable

I swapped out the damage nodes for defense about 10 levels or so ago, and it helped me stop being murdered by mobs two levels below me. What am I doing wrong? Any advice would be greatly appreciated because I stopped having fun with this build about 20 levels ago.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info