[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

"
KageKami wrote:
You probably get comparable life and damage, plus have easy access to all the life nodes you could ever want in the future. Only thing is you lose out on some utility (area radius, int, life regen, armor). Although with your tree you could just take the life and armor nodes to the right of Warrior's Blood i suppose.

Also wondering if Hatchet Master is worth specing over into.

I think the area radius nodes are quite important for this build, I love the huge area of effect my attacks have. Can't imagine myself playing while having the area radius of concentrated effect all the time. But I might be mistaken, haven't tried playing with 15% smaller radius of attacks. Maybe it's not that big of a deal?

I've been thinking how to reasonably respect points to get to the scion life nodes and take Duality and Berserkering as I go, but I reckon it's not worth it in the end. I'm not dying at all so for now my life pool seems appropriate (5500 hp). I have, like you mention, invested my points in Marauder life and armour & meelee physical damage nodes - they're easier to get to and that's enough at level 92.

Also, I have taken Hatchet Master sacrificing one jewel slot and additional frenzy charge. I don't think we need more frenzy charges and Hatchet Masters feels like a pretty good investment of 4 skillpoints, it's better than most of the jewels I have.

Kudos to the build's creator, already my favourite character, the clear speed is amazing and it makes the build highly survivable as well. I did my first deathless Atziri run with this build and that's quite an achievement for a casual player like myself:)
"
DickJustice1 wrote:
"
KageKami wrote:
You probably get comparable life and damage, plus have easy access to all the life nodes you could ever want in the future. Only thing is you lose out on some utility (area radius, int, life regen, armor). Although with your tree you could just take the life and armor nodes to the right of Warrior's Blood i suppose.

Also wondering if Hatchet Master is worth specing over into.

I think the area radius nodes are quite important for this build, I love the huge area of effect my attacks have. Can't imagine myself playing while having the area radius of concentrated effect all the time. But I might be mistaken, haven't tried playing with 15% smaller radius of attacks. Maybe it's not that big of a deal?

I've been thinking how to reasonably respect points to get to the scion life nodes and take Duality and Berserkering as I go, but I reckon it's not worth it in the end. I'm not dying at all so for now my life pool seems appropriate (5500 hp). I have, like you mention, invested my points in Marauder life and armour & meelee physical damage nodes - they're easier to get to and that's enough at level 92.

Also, I have taken Hatchet Master sacrificing one jewel slot and additional frenzy charge. I don't think we need more frenzy charges and Hatchet Masters feels like a pretty good investment of 4 skillpoints, it's better than most of the jewels I have.

Kudos to the build's creator, already my favourite character, the clear speed is amazing and it makes the build highly survivable as well. I did my first deathless Atziri run with this build and that's quite an achievement for a casual player like myself:)
Thanks for the reply. Yeah i only recently switched to the inc aoe gem and i can really notice the difference so i can see how useful the aoe is.

Ive really been trying to make it work to get those nodes but just havent been able to find anywhere to get the points from which sucks because those trees look so nice.

Yeah on average the Hatchet master tree seems better than most jewels i think, ill spec into it when i get some more levels.

This is my third character this season and am really liking it so far, nice to play a melee build again after playing a bladefall miner which basically just made the game easymode.
Last edited by KageKami on Aug 4, 2016, 3:52:02 AM
Any alternatives to Soul Taker? It's super expensive. :-(
"
HeroSirian wrote:
Personally from experience, I would say no. To forego Soul Taker would require crafted Elreon jewelry to achieve a similar effect which would in turn make the cost ridiculous.
What's your suggested order of taking Gladiator notable nodes?
How about atziri and higher tier maps? :) and how about its defense? This build looks awesome btw!
What about Voidheart ring, it's sick in prophecy leaguse, it causes bleeding and poison so we can take any other high dps one handed axe instead of Jack
"
13isLucky wrote:
"
HeroSirian wrote:
Personally from experience, I would say no. To forego Soul Taker would require crafted Elreon jewelry to achieve a similar effect which would in turn make the cost ridiculous.

Honestly though I think it would be possible. You don't have to make your Elreon jewelry into perfect GG pieces. Your trade would something like dropping an aura for the ability to get a higher dps. Or using a blood magic gem, hoping that the stronger axe made up for it. Or having to take a point or few in resist nodes to make up for sub-optimal Elreon jewelry. Soul Taker makes this build very efficient, but isn't crucial imo. Unless you consider any of these changes as making it "not this build" just for the sake of argument. Maybe also get some mana leech on jewelry, etc.
How are you getting charges?
"
dreadmangler3 wrote:
How are you getting charges?
If you follow the build as presented, charges come from ascendancy and BoR.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info