3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

Ladies and gentlemen, I don't think Daddy can get any harder without risking permanent damage to the lower extremities.

I've never seen more absurdity come out of this skill. Prepare yourselves.

Spoiler

My heart can't take it. POB still doesn't even have Impale calculations nor the new Berserk buff skill yet. When POB finally adds Berserk in, I'm considering removing Culling Strike from the Vaal Ancestral Warchief link for it.
POB DOES NOT HAVE THE NEW & UPDATED DUAL STRIKE GEM YET, so we are still missing a massive fuckton of damage from "Added Damage Effectiveness %" and +Crit-related tags.

When I was reading the patch notes, something occurred to me as a possible interaction:

This line doesn't matter at all because you can begin Rage consumption by using Berserk. If that is how it works, then that's fucking awesome.

POB Link:

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/EGTLvxmx

P.S. I'm taking Iron Reflexes to boost the mitigation of VMS.
Last edited by ChaoMing on Jun 5, 2019, 10:03:41 PM
This build seems really interesting for 3.7...

Will you be updating the original guide for 3.7 with all of the changes you have mentioned in the thread?
"The mind is its own place, and in itself
Can make a heav’n of hell, a hell of heav’n."
~Satan, Paradise Lost 1:254-255
"
ChaoMing wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen, I don't think Daddy can get any harder without risking permanently damage to the lower extremities.

Spoiler

My heart can't take it. POB still doesn't even have Impale calculations nor the new Berserk buff skill yet. When POB finally adds Berserk in, I'm considering removing Culling Strike from the Vaal Ancestral Warchief link for it.
POB DOES NOT HAVE THE NEW & UPDATED DUAL STRIKE GEM YET, so we are still missing a massive fuckton of damage from "Added Damage Effectiveness %" and +Crit-related tags.

When I was reading the patch notes, something occurred to me as a possible interaction:

This line doesn't matter at all because you can begin Rage consumption by using Berserk. If that is how it works, then that's fucking awesome.

POB Link:

Spoiler

You should honestly consider making your own build guide. This is a very well put tree compared to anything ive seen people make with the slayer ascendancy.
Why do u need bloodseeker? with such high attack speed life per hit is literaly vaal pact? the loss of dps is too high imo

Edit: in ur POB calcs u have 50 blitz stacks. Maximum blitz stacks is 20 no?
Last edited by DDusk on Jun 6, 2019, 8:11:23 AM
OK I havent played any melee skill since forever except 1 glad double strike 2 leagues ago. I really want to play berserker and this build came up and i love how insane it is, I want to make it my leaguestarter.

I have few questions, the example videos of the build in the first post are from 2.6 patch, and since then power creep got lil crazy, DPS isnt looking good on shaper. I'm sure it will be insane nowadays but it wont hurt to ask. Is single target DPS good enough to compete with todays meta?

And my second question is about clearspeed. I havent seen any example or I'm simply blind. Is it good? I'm not looking for a Winter Orb build but I also dont want to spend 10 min in a t15 map :D

And lastly I would like to thank @ChaoMing for his theorycrafting. Its gonna help a lot mate!
>OK I havent played any melee skill since forever

This.

I'm so damn hyped since I remembered how bloody fun this build was.

Keep it up boys, looking forward for this one becoming relevant again
is there an updated tree any where for this build?
"
ChaoMing wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen, I don't think Daddy can get any harder without risking permanent damage to the lower extremities.

Spoiler

POB Link:

Spoiler

Why do u need bloodseeker? with such high attack speed life per hit is literaly vaal pact? the loss of dps is too high imo

In ur POB calcs u have 50 blitz stacks. Maximum blitz stacks is 20 no?
Any leveling tips? :D
Updated POB Link until we get the updated gem nodes:

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/vcBa08jW

"
DDusk wrote:

Edit: in ur POB calcs u have 50 blitz stacks. Maximum blitz stacks is 20 no?

Aw shit, I'm sorry, it is 20 stacks. Ah well, it's not that big of a DPS loss.

The reason we're using Bloodseeker is because I don't want to have to worry about this piece of hot garbage:

https://i.redd.it/g4ua2m8j2kk21.png

My worry is that non-instant leech will make us susceptible to back-to-back hits that we won't be able to outleech but still add up to what would essentially be a one-shot. Something like multiple Daresso Sword Clouds being stacked on top of each other or amped-up +dmg modded rares in some nutty map. My biggest concern, really, is not the kind of leech we're using or the DPS, it's the life total. 5.5k~5.6k life feels really low to me and one of the challenges was scrounging up whatever life nodes I could find on the tree without sacrificing a lot of big DPS clusters. Hopefully, the new base jewels will provide more life as they said they were buffing them whilst nerfing Abyss jewels.

I dunno, if you want to forego using Bloodseeker, by all means go for it, it may be possible to live off of Claw implicits for LGOH, I'm just erring on the side of caution is all. The last thing I want in a build is to be overly specific and constraining people to a single thing rather than giving them the opportunity to add in some variance and personal flavor.

"
feelthepain wrote:
OK I havent played any melee skill since forever except 1 glad double strike 2 leagues ago. I really want to play berserker and this build came up and i love how insane it is, I want to make it my leaguestarter.

I have few questions, the example videos of the build in the first post are from 2.6 patch, and since then power creep got lil crazy, DPS isnt looking good on shaper. I'm sure it will be insane nowadays but it wont hurt to ask. Is single target DPS good enough to compete with todays meta?

And my second question is about clearspeed. I havent seen any example or I'm simply blind. Is it good? I'm not looking for a Winter Orb build but I also dont want to spend 10 min in a t15 map :D

And lastly I would like to thank @ChaoMing for his theorycrafting. Its gonna help a lot mate!

Your issue is not without concern, as I was struggling greatly with clear speed back in 3.4 or something, but I'm way ahead of you this time: I have a plan to be using a 2-gem swap.

When you're pack-clearing: Dual Strike - Rage Support - Ancestral Call - Melee Splash (est. 1~ million DPS, good enough for clearing packs as speed matters more here)

When you'er bossing: Dual Strike - Rage Support - Ruthless - Multistrike (est. 2~2.6 million DPS) (Not Added Fire Damage!)

EDIT: Not so sure about Multistrike as a primary support gem, I'm seeing better results from Rage Support.

I'm still waiting on POB to add in the updated gems, so DPS is probably way off still.

So your clear speed is very straightforward: You smack a pack, the new Melee Splash with Ancestral Call will apply a "splash" effect on all mobs that get hit, the splash damage will overlap, they die. You use Whirring Blades to move on to the next pack, and repeat. :D

"
feelthepain wrote:
Any leveling tips? :D

Honestly, just play the game. Gear is way too cheap and the only necessary uniques are Bloodseeker for maximum safety and The Bringer of Rain for a free 7-Link. With the melee mechanics being reworked, you could probably easily level with Dual Strike, but you can level with whatever skill you feel comfortable with using whatever weapon type you want until you reach the Claw wheel on the passive tree (although, Claws will help with the mana sustain issues that most other melee-based classes have).

As for what to rush for on the passive tree: DO NOT RUSH FOR THE CLAW WHEEL OR DPS NODES. Go for life. 86% of your total damage will come from your Berserker Ascendancy points, so you will need to hit up Uber Lab the moment you feel safe enough to do so. Grab Iron Reflexes whenever you think you need it to boost the effectiveness of Molten Shell.

Around Act 6, you'll probably be running into mana issues and want more DPS from Hatred (swapping out Precision or a Herald for it, whatever you went with), so I suggest starting heading towards the Claw wheel around the time you are killing the minor Pantheon gods, but instead of pathing normally in the guide, do a little reacharound to the Leech notable:

You can just respec out of this when you get a claw with +MGOH or when you get Bloodseeker.

Get Ascendancies in this order:
Crave the Slaughter -> Rite of Ruin -> Flawless Savagery -> Blitz

Couple of things to note:

Brightbeak is useless to us, ignore that on the OP as that was a pasttime. 2 x Ichimonji is still insane if you can get your hands on them.
Last edited by ChaoMing on Jun 8, 2019, 1:34:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info