3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

"
PhreEkGarden wrote:
"
Testnewbie wrote:
Guess I need to cramp this one out again next league or even this league. It wasn´t the fastest clear but it was crazy over the top living on the edge all the time.
Played a HC and a SC version and while the HC version died to Shaper (pre war for the atlas) it was one of the most intense and satisfying experiences in PoE. Pushed 22APS in the end I think and holy shit I sometimes were afraid I will break my character because the attack animation went completely to shit.

How in the hell do you hit 22 APS?

Fully buffed you should be around the same. I had a crazy axe though. I´ll have a look for the char and post the axe and shit later. Just created another Marauder to push this one over the last one. Gonna go fast now. 4hours till maps is my goal.
I mean my gear is pretty good, and the highest I've seen is about 18 APS.

Are you going off of actual in-game or a PoB setup? I find that it's not always the same heh
"
PhreEkGarden wrote:

Are you going off of actual in-game or a PoB setup? I find that it's not always the same heh

Always going with PoB, ingame is too inaccurate for my taste. I need to lookup that axe in perma league, seems pob doesn´t import my chars correctly or I stripped him. That being said, with that "claw tree" you´re getting 15APS alone. Slow weapon, missing AS nodes and the jewels are what you want. Seems solid over all and I will see how it feels but using the Helion Paw over a badass Shaper/Elder axe is something that need some heavy testing. Anyway, off to work, will update later.
"
Testnewbie wrote:
"
PhreEkGarden wrote:

Always going with PoB, ingame is too inaccurate for my taste. I need to lookup that axe in perma league, seems pob doesn´t import my chars correctly or I stripped him. That being said, with that "claw tree" you´re getting 15APS alone. Slow weapon, missing AS nodes and the jewels are what you want. Seems solid over all and I will see how it feels but using the Helion Paw over a badass Shaper/Elder axe is something that need some heavy testing. Anyway, off to work, will update later.

Yeah the claw isnt amazing, but the build seems dead without it. The life leech is just not like it used to be. There is no instant leech without it. Yeah I guess I opt out of a few AS nodes for some more physical dmg nodes, it's more damage overall but not quite as high of APS... but hitting almost 18 APS is way more than enough, lol.

Before I was doing this build with swords, I honestly think the original idea of having a soul taker is a waste of time, as soon as you can afford a lvl 4 enlighten. I run all 3 auras with it, and have 0 mana problems.
Last edited by PhreEkGarden on Apr 19, 2018, 5:40:02 AM
Yeh, seems the claw is mandatory. I am tinkering with the build/tree here at work currently and it seems you simply can´t cramp enough life leech into it without the claw. Only thing that might work - at least on paper - is the combination of leech and life on hit but that is crazy hard to acquire. If you go with average gear it takes roughly 3seconds to leech back to full life with VP. Maybe worth playing around with it but the tense moments where you were bossing with this Beast Char and went from a sliver of health to full life again are gone without the claw.

Regarding Soul Taker, the stats on that weapon are pretty damn nice imo.
(100-140)% increased Physical Damage
Adds 10 to 20 Physical Damage
(20-25)% increased Attack Speed

Is what I like about Soul Taker a lot. I don´t bother with one that doesn´t have max rolls.
The cold resist and the ignore mana thingy are nice icing but that´s nothing I really need. At some point it might be good to replace the Axe but that´s were you are really rich and can afford some crazy over the top Shaper axe.
Anyway, I was a bit lazy read slow yesterday with my leveling since dinner cooking, eating and my wife hindered me from getting to maps but I guess I will be today and from there we will see what this build is able to do. As said, it´s been a while since I played this build, to be precise since Legacy League I didn´t touch this build but now it has bitten me again.

***Update

The Bloodseeker is a crazy good choice after the VP nerf I have to say. Reached maps with 64, run Merc lab fully buffed Izaro on 62 with Tabula and Goldrim - was a cakewalk. But I like to wear the claw in my offhand so I can leapslam. Whirling blades is to unprecise for my taste and to slow. The leech from just offhand seems to be totally fine for now and looking into PoB I don´t think this will change. Fixing resists without goldrim will be a nightmare though. Initially I was aiming for Tombfists because AS, Maim and Intimidate is just too good to skip plus the two jewel slots but then fixing resists seems to be impossible. So no Tombfists with the BoR version of this build.
Last but not least, I might pick Rite of Ruin over Aspect of Carnage because Rage without it is over the top already. Plus it pushes me to kill/leech until the end or simply fail the Wolf.
Last edited by Testnewbie on Apr 19, 2018, 2:58:44 PM
Guys I have been using Ancestral Call lately instead of Maim, I find that it helps clear packs much better also I feel it has made my mapping quite safer because of its aoe coverage. I would highly recommend its use although I have been avoiding its use for the longest time once I decided to change to it I couldn't change back.
FINALLY coming back to the striker. I've played a lot of flicker and frost blades since harbinger, but I really miss striking. The Bloodseeker claw works great to replace the old vaal pact. It is a dps loss obviously, because the weapon blows compared to a 1.94 speed 375 dps sword, but oh well. I have worked out a new tree that gets rid of the sword nodes for slightly more speed, dps and life. This is what I am using now on my level 95 zerker:

https://pastebin.com/vKi8G6HE

Zerker is not dead! I am actually really excited to try it on the new league. Having life regen back feels amazing. Happy striking!
Hey Rogue nice to see you are back to striking, I have been trying out double strike in incursion since it got a vaal update didnt need to change too much from dual striker but it sucks that i have to use melee splash support gem and bloodseeker as a main hand, but the clones you get do mad dmg. Was wondering what you guys think could be good stat stick or if its better to go brutality support gem route?
"
koushmighty wrote:
Hey Rogue nice to see you are back to striking, I have been trying out double strike in incursion since it got a vaal update didnt need to change too much from dual striker but it sucks that i have to use melee splash support gem and bloodseeker as a main hand, but the clones you get do mad dmg. Was wondering what you guys think could be good stat stick or if its better to go brutality support gem route?

Brutality is never a good option, you just lose out on way too much. I am having a blast right now with Double Strike, using Bloodseeker as MH and using Haemo gloves to put the bleed on, it's very satisfying to watch things explode. Prismatic Eclipse is the best off hand I think, 36% increased attack speed is hard to beat. The only shitty thing about double strike is using claw as main hand is you can't use leap slam, but it's a small sacrifice. Whirling blades is fast af anyway. Voidheart ring will be a better option for the bleed, but only if you can replace the resists, and haemo gloves are cheaper. This is a super effective budget build. Only with a 350 pdps weapon will Dual Strike beat Double Strike now.

Then again, you could just do Soul Taker, then you could run another aura like Arctic Armour. Hmmmmmm
Last edited by roguemjb on Jun 11, 2018, 12:35:30 AM
ty rogue for the tips ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info