3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

"
"
spyromat wrote:
Hey,

As a new player, i do not clearly understand what gems I have to purchase with this build. Is it possible to have a little resume of all gems we have to use ?

Thanks a lot

Love ignoring posts like these.

50,000 characters long. That's the time I spent already writing down the answer which you were too lazy to read.

Next up, how to make Umbra angry! Here's how:
Hey Umbra, could you tell me how to dual strike? I know you wrote a lot but I just wanted you to retype it and then give me a back massage and sire my children and wash me and dress me. Thanks bud!

I assure you I've read the entier topic. But it's not that easy to understand for a new player. I mean I do not clearly see all gems I have to purchase after reading your build, since their names are not familiar to me.

I've read another topic with a listing of the gems, that's why I asked for a similar thing which could help other noob players like me who cannot easily get the "PoE language".

Whatever, I didn't want to disturb or offense you, I'll try to decipher this topic on my own :p
"
spyromat wrote:
"
"
spyromat wrote:
Hey,

As a new player, i do not clearly understand what gems I have to purchase with this build. Is it possible to have a little resume of all gems we have to use ?

Thanks a lot

Love ignoring posts like these.

50,000 characters long. That's the time I spent already writing down the answer which you were too lazy to read.

Next up, how to make Umbra angry! Here's how:
Hey Umbra, could you tell me how to dual strike? I know you wrote a lot but I just wanted you to retype it and then give me a back massage and sire my children and wash me and dress me. Thanks bud!

I assure you I've read the entier topic. But it's not that easy to understand for a new player. I mean I do not clearly see all gems I have to purchase after reading your build, since their names are not familiar to me.

I've read another topic with a listing of the gems, that's why I asked for a similar thing which could help other noob players like me who cannot easily get the "PoE language".

Whatever, I didn't want to disturb or offense you, I'll try to decipher this topic on my own :p

What you can do is check the gems from the example gear. They are a bit outdated but if you read the 3.0 section and check the last 5-10 pages of this thread and figure out what you need and what you dont. This is what I did at least until rogue and Umbra are fully done with the guide and the final edit of the front post. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Last edited by kokozko on Aug 8, 2017, 10:49:33 AM
What weapons do we aim for now that souldrinker is dropped? I just hit lvl 60 and I'm trying to figure out if I'm going axe or sword.
"
Firaan wrote:
What weapons do we aim for now that souldrinker is dropped? I just hit lvl 60 and I'm trying to figure out if I'm going axe or sword.

I was wondering the same thing and was leaning towards the Ichimonji Corsair Sword, which I believe is the highest DPS sword. Correct me if I'm wrong
This looks like a great build! Since I have some currency in harbinger now, I will start it.
Thanks for the detailed write up!
how to generate fenzy charges? or do you play without?
"
kokozko wrote:

What you can do is check the gems from the example gear. They are a bit outdated but if you read the 3.0 section and check the last 5-10 pages of this thread and figure out what you need and what you dont. This is what I did at least until rogue and Umbra are fully done with the guide and the final edit of the front post. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Thank you for the tips ! I'll get on with it.
"
spyromat wrote:
"
kokozko wrote:

Thank you for the tips ! I'll get on with it.

GEMS TO USE FOR NOW
Dual Strike + Multistrike + Faster Attacks + Melee Phys. Dmg. Support + Brutality
+ Ruthless Blows or Damage on Full Life, your choice til testing done

the entire gem sections plainly wrote down and explained every single gem.

I have no clue where your confusion is. It's all written down!

Leap Slam, Fortify, Culling Support: Leap Slam activates fortify (flat damage reduction), it knocks enemies back, it can start a bleed and poison effect on enemies which dual strike turns into hundreds of thousands of DPS and bosses die at 10% life when slammed. You gain an endurance charge as well (described below. Enemies are dead before they can even attack you

Cast When Damage Taken, Immortal call:, Vulnerability If you get attacked after leap slamming into an enemy the endurance charge you gained discharges for physical damage immunity for arunnd a half second, which is more than ample time to decimate massive T16 mobs and leap again to the next mob. Vulnerability is obvious lol enemies get deadeded betterz.

MAIN SKILL DUAL STRIKE
Voidheart Ring Synergy with Dual Strike, Multistrike, Bloodlust and Brutality:

WHAT THIS GEM SYNERGY DOES
1) bleed
-Voidheart ring applies bleed on melee hits via Totem or Leap Slam (still applies by 3rd hit worse case w/ non-leg. Voidheart)
-Bloodlust gem in Dual Strike setup cranks DPS massively on bleeding targets
-Lion's Roar cranks phy. dmg. output helping this synergy

2) chill on hit
-Soul Taker has a "can chill on melee hit" which is very defensive and does not take account of dmg. to health as freeze does, this simply works by chance on every successful hit, slowing enemies
-Melee splash in Might & Influence jewel amplifies this effect

3) Lion's Roar flask
-Bleed damage is based on your base phys. dmg., using this flask to crank melee dmg. actually cranks all other sources of additional DPS from auras and effects
-Melee splash in Might & Influence jewel amplifies this effect greatly

4) Melee Splash from Might & Influence jewel
-takes everything above and spreads the love all around
-Greatly affected by APS more than total melee phys. dmg. that's why my build focuses on APS more than base dmg. per swing

Melee Splash: This is now taken care of by the Might & Influence jewel. It is amazing and necessary for mob DPS without taking up a valuable gem slot. Note that 40dex nodes need to be in radius for it to work, and the only spot is far right so you will have to use Melee Splash gem until higher level

Ancestral Warchief with Culling Strike: What a cool little totem haha this little dude is great for adding physical damage as well as offering a minor distraction to enemies who would target him instead of you. In Soup's Uber Atziri video his totem even culled her haha. Link him with culling strike and he will really help end those annoying bosses and petty enemies. He can do well over 30k+ himself and adds so much to your own DPS too by having him active. Although his damage is enough to kill or help kill mobs, he does die very easily and his timer is short making him less reliable as a genuine damage dealing totem. Spam him all the time so YOU can have the extra DPS and if he succeeds in killing also then consider it a bonus to having him out :D It costs no mana to cast so you can just cast over and over even with three auras that leave you with zero mana. I strongly encourage obnoxious use of him :D
=

Misc: VENGEANCE!! This gem seems like it does almost nothing but it's a life saver. It triggers often enough that in times when you are unable to attack it will attack hard enough to many enemies to leech like crazy. It's always a "Phew!" moment but it saves the day. This gem is essential and needs to be maxed 20-20 for optimal a**-saving results.
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
So I've received several complaints about the gems being hard to know what to use despite writing it all down word for word with very in-depth explanations so everyone can know WHY I use those gems and such, so I'll have to revamp the gem section soon.

I really wrote very clearly, it's disheartening to get replies like these. Next gem section will have no explanations like others. It'll just say what gems to use and that's it. No one is reading what I write.
updated the gem section
I will not post gem pics. It's just too tedious and links disappear randomly. This is why links in my gear in gear section are not updated.
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Aug 8, 2017, 7:03:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info