[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

Hey Milky I was thinking about going with this build kind of except using like 1 SR totem along with 2 RF totems for the good deeps. SR in soul mantle chest, RF in gloves with DoT. Is soul mantle still ok before lvl 21 spell tot after nerf? Thanks.
"
Sher101 wrote:
Hey Milky I was thinking about going with this build kind of except using like 1 SR totem along with 2 RF totems for the good deeps. SR in soul mantle chest, RF in gloves with DoT. Is soul mantle still ok before lvl 21 spell tot after nerf? Thanks.

sr totem is really bad except in a few scenarios (guardians, shaper, uber atziri).

i still use soulmantle, the extra link and 50% totemlife are great offensive wise
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Great I'm going to buy a soul mantle then. There are no 6Ls on poe.trade but I'll try 6ling one myself. Gotta say I love RF totems, much more fun than flameblast or something.

Yeah I saw some guy on the ladder had SR but I'll drop it. Although I suppose I'll level it for shaper/etc.
Hello Milky,

First, thanks for the effort on the build and keeping it updated.
I wanted to try something new for SSF and this build has been a pleasure.

In SSF, crafting jewels are a PAIN in the ass. Right now I'm only using 2 magic jewels. My first (best one so far) I regaled a worthless mod, then Vaal turned it into garbage unique (bah!). I have only had 1 measly regal drop. I'm getting up to ilvl 75 for regal vendor recipe.

I had a question:
I'm trying to gauge DPS output (and overall benefit) from mods. For example, which of these is better?

Spoiler
I'm still 4L on RF totem and only use 3L (currently) for Soul Link.

Is the life better than 28% more dmg to FT totems?

I have some other questions, that I'll post on here eventually, but this is my most pressing issue (i.e. getting next jewels socketed)

Thanks!
IGN: JooksOne
Timezone: PST(USA)
Last edited by Jooksone on Mar 22, 2017, 4:14:24 PM
"
Jooksone wrote:
Hello Milky,

First, thanks for the effort on the build and keeping it updated.
I wanted to try something new for SSF and this build has been a pleasure.

In SSF, crafting jewels are a PAIN in the ass. Right now I'm only using 2 magic jewels. My first (best one so far) I regaled a worthless mod, then Vaal turned it into garbage unique (bah!). I have only had 1 measly regal drop. I'm getting up to ilvl 75 for regal vendor recipe.

I had a question:
I'm trying to gauge DPS output (and overall benefit) from mods. For example, which of these is better?

Spoiler
I'm still 4L on RF totem and only use 3L (currently) for Soul Link.

Is the life better than 28% more dmg to FT totems?

I have some other questions, that I'll post on here eventually, but this is my most pressing issue (i.e. getting next jewels socketed)

Thanks!

try "path of building" in my useful link section, you can import your character there and test which jewels grant the biggest benefit for your character.

Which one is better depends on your overall gear, other jewels, skilltree etc.

"
Milkyslice wrote:

try "path of building" in my useful link section, you can import your character there and test which jewels grant the biggest benefit for your character.

Which one is better depends on your overall gear, other jewels, skilltree etc.

Thanks. i did notice that, but haven't gotten around to investigating. It clearly calculates RF? I expected RF calculations to be all convoluted and inconclusive.

I was just wondering if there was an "average rule of thumb". Where if Totem Life is, on average, the best mod, what's the threshold when 2 other mods surpass the offensive output (e.g. min totem life roll vs. 2 high % dps mods)?

I don't have anything special on gear other than 2x scepters. All my DPS is coming from passive tree and basic support gems.
Last edited by Jooksone on Mar 22, 2017, 4:44:49 PM
The rule of thumb is: Got much increased damage > totem life has bigger value. Got very low increased damage > increased damage is valueable.

I can tell that on my character a 12% totemlife jewel is granting more dps for RF than 24% increased damage, but i got tons of increased damage on the gear and tree already.

It´s just math.

If you got 0% increased damage and totemlife both have the same impact. get 10% inc dmg and it´s translated in 10% more damage gain, same for totemlife.

If you get 500% increased dmg those 10% inc dmg on a jewel are just a gain of 2% dmg. Totem life can never reach those high number so its more valueable in the long run.

there is no easy way to say "totem life is double the value of increased damage" or something like that, because its not true and highly depends on the skilltree progression, other jewels and gear

Just watched your Shaper run, it's very impressive.

Actually I can't understand how do you survive with 6900hp+es. I have 7900 and it's difficult to even survive Minotaur for me.

I realized you heavily changed the build. Right now I'm playing with OoS+Temporal Chains+Enfeble+Cast on Hit, and with Whispers of Doom. Why do you use Flammability/Scorching Ray/Totemic Zeal instead? Totemic Zeal seems completely useless for me, because other then Totem Placement Speed it has no benefits - cast speed is irrelevant for this build, and totem duration is not that important, right?

I want to kill Shaper as well. What should I do for it? How many DPS should I have and what gems should I use? I have no Tukohama, and using Lioneye's Remorse instead, and completely happy with it. And I'm using Belly and rare rings instead of Soul Mantle/Kikazarus, and I like to have more HP this way too. Or will not I have enough DPS without Mantle?

And I see Tempest Shield gem in your character you didn't mention in the guide. Could you tell about it as well?

Thanks in advance.
Spoiler
"
Milkyslice wrote:
The rule of thumb is: Got much increased damage > totem life has bigger value. Got very low increased damage > increased damage is valueable.

I can tell that on my character a 12% totemlife jewel is granting more dps for RF than 24% increased damage, but i got tons of increased damage on the gear and tree already.

It´s just math.

If you got 0% increased damage and totemlife both have the same impact. get 10% inc dmg and it´s translated in 10% more damage gain, same for totemlife.

If you get 500% increased dmg those 10% inc dmg on a jewel are just a gain of 2% dmg. Totem life can never reach those high number so its more valueable in the long run.

there is no easy way to say "totem life is double the value of increased damage" or something like that, because its not true and highly depends on the skilltree progression, other jewels and gear

Makes sense. Thank you, sir.
"
Actually I can't understand how do you survive with 6900hp+es. I have 7900 and it's difficult to even survive Minotaur for me.

Well i die from time to time, but i also dont care about my life anymore, dont wanna get 100... just my challenges :P

"
I realized you heavily changed the build. Right now I'm playing with OoS+Temporal Chains+Enfeble+Cast on Hit, and with Whispers of Doom. Why do you use Flammability/Scorching Ray/Totemic Zeal instead? Totemic Zeal seems completely useless for me, because other then Totem Placement Speed it has no benefits - cast speed is irrelevant for this build, and totem duration is not that important, right?

Totemic Zeal is purely for clearspeed. Placementspeed is nice for that and castspeed slightly increases the casttime of rf (a tiny bit).
Scorching ray is just a tech gem for shaper and some guardianfights, normally i use increases item rarity for most of the content.

I also dont use whispers of doom anymore because:

1. Guardians/shaper have 80% reduction on curses, more than any other boss
2. i care less about curse mapmods
3. those points are in totemic zeal for dem clearspeed

"
I want to kill Shaper as well. What should I do for it? How many DPS should I have and what gems should I use? I have no Tukohama, and using Lioneye's Remorse instead, and completely happy with it. And I'm using Belly and rare rings instead of Soul Mantle/Kikazarus, and I like to have more HP this way too. Or will not I have enough DPS without Mantle?

it can be enough. Tukohama doesnt do anything significant for dps (just 40% inc totem dmg), but soulmantle does with the 50% totemlife. Havent tried it without it, but it can work out for sure.

But expect to rip some sets. I had some experience in 2.5 with my BV berserker in the fight and needed 4 runs to do it deathless on RFT for the first time.
DPS is one part, the other one is dont panic and learn the fight and timings.

And I see Tempest Shield gem in your character you didn't mention in the guide. Could you tell about it as well?

i think i added it as options for CWDT

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 24, 2017, 1:27:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info