[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

Thanks for the 2.6 update despite ur busy schedule!

I have a question though; I'm kinda torn between Chieftian and Berserker. My most successful builds were always totem builds and my kind of playstyle is kinda "place (hit) and run". After playing RF totems (CHeiftian) for about 3 leagues ish, I decided to try Berserker and boy I love the 25% instant life heal. The only thing I hated about it was my totems die too fast (prolly due to low levels of totems) in breach and got kinda annoyed. If you were me, what would u choose for the ascendancy? Chieftian for ease of mind vs the utility of Berserker?
"
Kaom's Roots are a nice option now, if you can handle resists and don't mind shield charging everywhere.

The OK AOE on conc effect is a big help, might actually be able to use on non static bosses.
Could also use for general mapping on trickier content.
I'm still hoping for another rebalanced unique to offer us something fun too.

Still no sockets, maybe could fit in with tukohamas, but besides that the build neeeeeeds sockets.

conc effect will be waaay better for many bosses

i hope that too, looking forward fill the gear section :P

"
luciel_kun27 wrote:
Thanks for the 2.6 update despite ur busy schedule!

I have a question though; I'm kinda torn between Chieftian and Berserker. My most successful builds were always totem builds and my kind of playstyle is kinda "place (hit) and run". After playing RF totems (CHeiftian) for about 3 leagues ish, I decided to try Berserker and boy I love the 25% instant life heal. The only thing I hated about it was my totems die too fast (prolly due to low levels of totems) in breach and got kinda annoyed. If you were me, what would u choose for the ascendancy? Chieftian for ease of mind vs the utility of Berserker?

well breach had A LOT of damage going on which was not avoided with monster kills (balls, fire pillars, phys spikes...).

Legacy league will basically have the same shit or even more floating around.

Its even worse if the totems degen on top (in essence league it was not a deal), because a totem at 50% after ~2 sec is more vulnerable than a 100% hp fire immune armored totem with a less dmg aura :P

I also cared less about the damage of berserker (which nobody notices on trashmobs anyway), more about the great heal like you.

For stuff like hydra you can tank a ball, pop enduring cry and are full again every 2secs which is great.

I will most likely roll rf totems next league and try to push it (slowly) gearwise over my older chars.

This time as a chieftain again because the durable totems allow me to do more other stuff on harder fights (scorching ray debuffing compensates the berserker dmg difference) and the liferegen + lesser incoming dmg compensates a bit of the warcry loss.

The class alone with 6 endurance charges (which i will specc/bandit over time) grants 6% lifereg (+1.2% from the endurance charge node) on top of the skilltree regen, which is fine in most cases.

tl:dr

League with much dmg flying around > chieftain

League with few of those mechanics > berserker

Chieftain is the safe pick for Legacy League in my opinion
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Feb 28, 2017, 11:24:05 AM
Thanks for your reply Milky! After what you mentioned, I decided to go with Chieftian for the new league. Hopefully I won't lament the 25% instant life lost in exchange for some QoL gameplay hahaha
Hmm, good points.
I was thinking Berserker, as I like the damage and warcry heals, and I have built as Chieftain before, but maybe with all the craziness, Chieftain is the safer pick.

"
luciel_kun27 wrote:
Thanks for your reply Milky! After what you mentioned, I decided to go with Chieftian for the new league. Hopefully I won't lament the 25% instant life lost in exchange for some QoL gameplay hahaha

"
Carlovski wrote:
Hmm, good points.
I was thinking Berserker, as I like the damage and warcry heals, and I have built as Chieftain before, but maybe with all the craziness, Chieftain is the safer pick.

totems are alive > totems kill enemys > lower incoming damage on the player

its 9,8% lifereg + -8% damage taken + ~ 500 endu cry lifereg every 4 sec vs 5% lifereg + 10% more damage taken + 25% instant heal and ~1k life reg every 2sec

the burst heal is awesome, but also more needed on a berserker ;)

What i really would miss are those 37%/52% atk speed for shield charge.

on the other side some guardians for excample are easier for a chieftain (minotaur rocks deal less dmg > more uptime, phoenix is a joke)

It´s a really tough choice with all those pros and contras for each class.

Chieftain is a better leaguestarter for sure with the tanky totems for crazy league + map + sextant combinations, Berserker faster once the totems are lvl 20 or 21 and basically ignore monsters :P

I think with great gear (tukohama etc) chieftain just needs to place oos + totems and can concentrate more on debuffing with scorching ray. Berserker will need way more recasts of totems with the lower duration and chip damage which makes it hard to further debuff, nullifieng his dmg bonus.

you guys played this build aleady, you know what i mean how hectic some fights can be with totems, traps, oos, dodging, some warcrys and scorching ray on top?
thats why i changed so much with the skilltree and added tukohama as a lategameitem... to add qol for smoother bossfights to the build :P

Will build this as my league starter on LHC. Should i build it any different for HC?
- Orb of Storms now has a base skill duration of 6 seconds, down from 10.

This is a small nerf to the utility of the skill, nothing gamebreaking

- In the Explosive Impact cluster, it is now cheaper to acquire the notable skill. The two paths to it now differ, one is combined Increased Fire Damage and Increased Cast speed with Fire Skills.

Seems like a buff on the passive tree, have to see it

- The 'Hexwarded' Map mod now has 40% and 60% less Curse Effect at Mid and High Tier Maps respectively, down from 50% and 75%. The Low Tier Hexwarded mod is unchanged.

small buff

- Soul Mantle: Socketed gems now supported by level 20 Spell Totem.

its now more reasonable to use soul mantle for pure damage or as a starter chest. The heavy annoying downside is still there (which is bad once flasks with curse removal runs out in long fights), but a lvl 20 spelltotem grants a pseudo 6link with a 5link. easy to color but have to calculate if lvl 21 spelltotem or inc burning dmg is a better 6link.

- Doedre's Scorn: Increased Level of Socketed Curse Gems mod increased to +2. Now has 100-120 Maximum Energy Shield.

This is a buff

- Hrimnor's Resolve: Now has 50-70 Maximum Life. No longer has Block and Stun recovery. No longer has Chance to Avoid Freeze or Chill. Now has the property Cannot be Frozen or Chilled if a Fire Skill is used recently.

This is a buff.
very reasonable to use over doedres scorn! has already 40% fire dmg, now freeze/chill immunity and good life on top!

- Lioneye's Remorse: Maximum Life mod increased to 160-180.

this is a buff. Very good especially for hc

- Siosa now sells all quest gems once you've completed his quest and the quests required to unlock the appropriate tiers of gem rewards

this is a buff

seems like we get all gems for the build from the vendor sooner or later :)

Last edited by Milkyslice on Feb 28, 2017, 11:53:44 PM
"
Krazy_X wrote:
Will build this as my league starter on LHC. Should i build it any different for HC?

On the skilltree i would'nt change anything significant. Just pick survivability nodes over damage nodes.

Blasphemy curses seem significantly smaller, bloodmagic might be overall safer with curse on hit - OoS

You could even skip bloodmagic and sovergnity, use those 4 points somewhere else and run determination + arctic armour/some purity instead.

But i cannot tell you which is clearly better in 2.6 without playing it, overall curse on hit was always safer for bosses (full benefit without staying relatively close to the boss)

For the gear i would use the newly buffed hrimnors resolve or a righteous fire enchated rare helmet over doedres scorn.

Same for gems, better use enfeeble + temporal chains (Asenath's Gentle Touch is very reasonable with triplecurse and curse on hit) over flammability / elemental weakness. Having a decoy totem or stone golem ready for the taunt debuff (-10% damage) is always good to have.

For the ascendancy definetly chieftain over berserker.
-8% damage of enemys and basically a permanent endurance charge uptime while mapping (no constant enduring cry spam) are defensive really nice to have.

still think devoto helm is superior,

no life roll
but it has +ms, chaos res, +60 DEX (pretty good for this kind of dex starved build, more gear freedom). plus its easy to buy one with RF dmg/radius enchantment later on.

Last edited by forthelulz123 on Mar 1, 2017, 1:18:36 AM
"
forthelulz123 wrote:
still think devoto helm is superior,

no life roll
but it has +ms, chaos res, +60 DEX (pretty good for this kind of dex starved build, more gear freedom). plus its easy to buy one with RF dmg/radius enchantment later on.

229 pages and the first mention of devotos.
You are right, used it in many builds but it never came into my mind on this build :O

For HC i would prefer Hrimnors, but for SC it´s definetly a great choice i will consider

edit: added devotos to the gear section

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 1, 2017, 1:25:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info