[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

"
gbjfrtswym wrote:
In regards to #1, have you made sure to level your Orb of Storms up to level 17? (it splits off to more enemies, and level 17 is where you'll hit your max splits). Are you using Daresso's Passion (whirling blades with fortify) or are you using the Doryani's Catalyst (Flamedash/lightning warp/leap slam)?

In regards to #2, I'm using Grace and Determination and I sit around 7200 armor and 6000 evasion. I've also got a Granite Flask, Stibnite Flask, and Basalt flask. When I have all three up and running I don't really even get hit, and when I do its not very hard. (obviously don't stand in powerful boss moves that are easy to avoid and generally oneshot people). I feel very tanky though. I've only done up to T8 maps ATM as all my friends keep dying and I haven't really pushed far without them as I want them to catch back up before I use all my good easy maps and push higher.

I left it at base level 1. I didn't realize about the level 17 - I'll start leveling it up, thank you very much.

I am using Lavianga's Wisdom. I don't have Leap Slam, Flame Dash, or Lightning Warp. I rely on a Quicksilver mostly.

With regards to auras, I basically followed the guide. I have Flammability + Blasphemy and Determination running, so I don't have mana reserves for Grace. My Evasion is very low. I will take your advice and try out a Basalt/Stibnite Flask.

I made my characters un-private... I think that was the default setting. Would you mind taking a look at my Maurauder (GolfingMeeseeks) and give me some recommendations?

Thank you!
"
pirate_yar wrote:
Spoiler
"
gbjfrtswym wrote:
In regards to #1, have you made sure to level your Orb of Storms up to level 17? (it splits off to more enemies, and level 17 is where you'll hit your max splits). Are you using Daresso's Passion (whirling blades with fortify) or are you using the Doryani's Catalyst (Flamedash/lightning warp/leap slam)?

In regards to #2, I'm using Grace and Determination and I sit around 7200 armor and 6000 evasion. I've also got a Granite Flask, Stibnite Flask, and Basalt flask. When I have all three up and running I don't really even get hit, and when I do its not very hard. (obviously don't stand in powerful boss moves that are easy to avoid and generally oneshot people). I feel very tanky though. I've only done up to T8 maps ATM as all my friends keep dying and I haven't really pushed far without them as I want them to catch back up before I use all my good easy maps and push higher.

I left it at base level 1. I didn't realize about the level 17 - I'll start leveling it up, thank you very much.

I am using Lavianga's Wisdom. I don't have Leap Slam, Flame Dash, or Lightning Warp. I rely on a Quicksilver mostly.

With regards to auras, I basically followed the guide. I have Flammability + Blasphemy and Determination running, so I don't have mana reserves for Grace. My Evasion is very low. I will take your advice and try out a Basalt/Stibnite Flask.

I made my characters un-private... I think that was the default setting. Would you mind taking a look at my Maurauder (GolfingMeeseeks) and give me some recommendations?

Thank you!

Awesome taking a look at your character now. First off I would say you could definitely do with upgrading your weapon to a Daresso's Passion like Milky suggests in the guide.

Spoiler

Very powerful as we never kill so we don't get any frenzy charges and are able to take full advantage of the 60-80% increased damage on minimum frenzy charges. Plus Whirling Blades-Faster Attacks- Fortify is always awesome for any build.

Not sure how you're doing currency-wise, but a 5L Carcass Jack I feel is an absolute must for this build, especially for when you upgrade past the Lavianga's Wisdom (loss of 10% aoe). You're able to get Elemental Focus, Rapid Decay, and Increased AoE (conc for bosses) and you also get the increased 20% to your AoE. This 20% also applies to your Orb of Storms which will make its range greater. With all the AoE we have access to, Orb of Storms is quite large.

In reference to your rare ring, as great as chaos res is (and I've got a hard-on for it this league on my RF-Totemer), getting a ring with a T2+ life Roll for 60+ life, maybe some strength or on a coral ring can help make up for using the Doedre's Damning. Unfortunately you're going to have to probably spend anywhere from 6-20c for a decent ring in PHC (Last I checked a few days ago when looking at rings).

Also I don't know how you feel about purchasing higher level gems, but I always around 70 start looking for corrupted level 20 gems of Searing Bond and Spell Totem for sale on the market. Plenty of people are leveling them and corrupting them to try and get their level 21 gem, so they have lots of failures. Then you can always level your old gem up in offhand and vaal it yourself when it hits 20 to try and upgrade to a level 21 gem.

All in all your gear looks pretty good though. With tricursing I know that Milky would say you should probably be running the Doedre's Scorn. You can socket your curses in it for +1 curse gems, and it will give flat 20% increased elemental damage + an extra 10-20% increased damage per curse on enemy for bosses and tough rares. Only problem is you loss out on some of life and armor.

Even with low evasion I believe that blind is still very effective. Reducing their chance to hit in half also effects the chance of them being able to crit you since the crit has to roll a check to see if the crit hits after the attack hits. One thing to keep in mind is that the smoke cloud drops where you are when you use it (just like sulfer flask) so I like to do it right next to the bosses as I'm dropping my orb of storms on them.

Stay safe out there exile :).
Trying to stay alive in Hardcore.

I is vondering if this giveth any benefit to this build
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
OP@ can you kill UBER with this build?

I've seen a vid with RF totems that took AGES to kill Ubers also wasnt that smooth at all, is there anyway to improve the build for Ubers?
"
CAKE wrote:

I is vondering if this giveth any benefit to this build

Unfortunately no. We are doing burning damage. Burning damage is fire damage over time and cannot be converted into anything else. It will always be burning damage which is always fire damage over time.

"
2i0 wrote:

I've seen a vid with RF totems that took AGES to kill Ubers also wasnt that smooth at all, is there anyway to improve the build for Ubers?

That video you saw I believe he forgot to swap in Conc effect during the Atziri phase. That would most certainly speed up the process a lot - If its the video I'm thinking of (five minute for downing Atziri).
"
gbjfrtswym wrote:

That video you saw I believe he forgot to swap in Conc effect during the Atziri phase. That would most certainly speed up the process a lot - If its the video I'm thinking of (five minute for downing Atziri).

Trio was painful to watch, i mean overall looks like a really long fight.

"
2i0 wrote:
"
gbjfrtswym wrote:

Trio was painful to watch, i mean overall looks like a really long fight.

Oh I was mainly curious about the fight time of Atziri. I didn't actually watch the Trio if I'm being honest....

I haven't tried out any of the higher end content myself yet and I also don't have EE yet. Hopefully we get some more people posting videos, the amount of Chieftains in top 15k on PHC is absurd.
Atziri was easily farmable on a 4-link, deathless, super quick. Just upgraded to a 6-link for fun.

2 Exalts and 70+ chaos worth of chromatics later, I finally have colors that are... good enough. I swear I got every other combination but the one I wanted.

Holy crap did that drain my finances, trying to get decent colors on a pure armor chest. Just need to get a leveled/quality conc. effect and I'll be set for a bit.
"
Khepresh wrote:
Atziri was easily farmable on a 4-link, deathless, super quick. Just upgraded to a 6-link for fun.

2 Exalts and 70+ chaos worth of chromatics later, I finally have colors that are... good enough. I swear I got every other combination but the one I wanted.

Holy crap did that drain my finances, trying to get decent colors on a pure armor chest. Just need to get a leveled/quality conc. effect and I'll be set for a bit.

how about UBer?
"
2i0 wrote:

no.
it toook me like 15 min to kill trio only.
it can kill withing portal limit, but it cant farm smoothly
first of all it's hard to be in range for triple curse. secondly - any damage oneshots totems.
it's really hard and requiers higher-than-average effort.

also, you need to use defensive setup to not get oneshot. i did with heretics(with chaos chant, took it from friend), 5l lc, phoenix shield and passion instead of catalys for wb

the only good thing, that you can hide from spears behind totems.
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Mar 23, 2016, 3:28:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info