NJay's Talisman League Progression - Lvl 91 - Transitioned to low life

Hey guys, I'm NJay!

This thread is here for you guys that that want to see what I'm getting up to in Talisman League, I'll be reusing my old thread (Old gear and builds can be found at the bottom).

You can catch me live at www.twitch.tv/njaywil

Don't plan on rushing uber this league, instead got my eyes set on maxing out a low life EK build and pushing high level maps. Possibly trying to tackle uber and maybe pushing level 100 later in the league.

Phase 1 - Fire Caster Leveling, Life, Flame/Searing Totem, Firestorm, Fire Trap (Lvl 1 - 70)

Gear
Ended up switching builds before end of the first day.
Self found gear
Flame Totem - Fire Storm - Fire Pen (in +1 Fire sceptre)
Searing Bond- Flame Dash - Inc Burning Dmg (in +1 Fire sceptre)

Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA37CCEI-mRKtVriycEFiHZSt4H8cti20ZCPTAVGpDvOqvtzI0HwIEB4PbVcY6WCL0bAuTJ1M1UEKMNlRHpr6exF3yVUth4iaVFr8rChEvrJjxbDbYSRsqjexVDkgRlgcelS7w1UlR74j5N9fPSbHrYzY9napsjGKs

Phase 2 - Crit EK - Life (Lvl 70 +)

Will switch to this build once I feel my crit is consistent enough to consistently shatter mobs through the combo of phys damage spells + hatred.
Will be trying to buy a quality EK as early as possible and leveling many EK gems in my offhand to try and go for level 21 gem

Level 87 right now
4.6K Life
54K DPS
EK-PCoC-FC-Echo-Added Fire
gear

Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAF4DHgQHBUIHHgguCPQOSA-rES8RlhXtFr8ZihmOH0EfxyBuIvQkiyaVKgsqOCsKK3gsnC2LLag2PTpYQZZEq0ZxSVFJsUyzUDBUvVVLVa5VxlxAXfJfsGHiYqxknWpDbAtsjG0Zb55wUncHfXV_xoIQgwmD24RvhMWHE4nTjDaPpo_6kyeVLpaLlwabtZyknaqhL66zsZC1SLvjvOq-gL6KwFTDOsSiykrQH9D1037UQtW518_bXt-w4YjrY-v17YPviO_r8NXyHfk3_ro=?accountName=NJayWil&characterName=NJay

Phase 3 - Low-Life EK - ES Based (Lvl ??-100)

Will switch to this build once I have decent ES gear. Will maybe try it with a 5L Lorica depending on what shield and helm and other ES gear I can get my hands on.
Planned Gear

Gear: Chest - Shavs ( just get 5L lorica at start),
Gloves: Facebreakers or Voidbringer (depends on mana problems),
Boots: Rare or new unique boots (designed by skyforth for low life builds, getting added in patch, make stun calculations based on 500% of max mana instead of max life)
Helm: High ES rare,
Shield: Spell dmg + ES rare (master craft cast speed suffix)
Wep: Dagger for whirling blades, Spell Dmg, flat cold, multi, spell crit
Ammy: Spell dmg, multi, cast speed, (+ES, ES%)
Rings: Diamonds - Res, +ES, craft %ES (maybe cast speed)
Belt: Res + ES

Current Gear

Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAx4FQgceDXwOSA5cES8RUBGWFe0ZihqPGyUdTx2qH0EfxyBuJ6kqCyo4KlMrCiycLKYtHy2LLagvbzQKNbk3ZkGWRX5GcUlRSbFLrkyzUDBUvVxAXIpd8l9qX7BiWmSdavptGW-ecFJwu3cHe9d_xoMJhMWHE4nTjDaP-pDWkyeVIJUulouXBpu1nKShL6Kjpyuus7GQsnC0DLVIu-O-gL6KwfPDOsSiykrK09Af0NDQ9dW518_ZE9lb217fit-Y37DhiOkC6rrrY-v17BjviO_r8NXyHfba-Tf7Cf5J_ro=?accountName=NJayWil&characterName=NJay

Archive from Darkshrine
Hey guys, this thread will be keeping track of my goals, progression and build throughout the 5 weeks Darkshrines event. I started streaming regularly when I comfortably had Uber Atziri on farm about 2 weeks into the 1 Month Flashback league.

Many people would come into my stream and ask how I was able to achieve this, what builds I used to level and many other questions. This thread will hopefully be able to answer those questions as I go on a similar journey this upcoming league.

If you would like to ask any questions or watch me live, my twitch is www.twitch.tv/njaywil
I will be trying to stream as much of the 5 week event as possible.

Goals

In the 1 month event I killed Uber Atziri 11 days and 6 hours into the league. I was considering setting myself a goal of 7 days for this league, however I don't think this will be possible with my work schedule and IRL commitments.

Therefore my goal is to simply get Uber down sooner, with a lower level and less geared char.

In the sections below I will outline the planned builds for each stage of progression. I will update this sections with gear once the builds are up and running. Note that all of these builds will be run on the same character that I will respec as necessary.

Phase 1, Leveling - Flame Totem/Firestorm/Fire Trap (levels 1 - 75)

This will be the rough outline I will follow as I rush to endgame as quickly as possible. The aim of this setup to be able to progress efficiently while requiring as very little gear upgrades.

The tree focused on life/ES/spell damage/fire damage/spell crit. The pathing has been chosen as it is very similar to the build used in phase 2.

Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA37DfioIQj6ZEq1WuLJwFQhBYQZZ2Ea6z0PVMs9AfLR8gbgQH7-uVIB1PUDCD28HzNbnbXlXGoqMRUKcrOlh_xm0ZrJiTJyepEZYI9PFsvorviAceDkjAVDbYoS_5N5UuDdFd8mpDSRvXz_DVY0OdY3DVKo1JsUlRj_rljonT7FXr9aSxcFJknYw28h1VS2HiJpUWv4dltvcrChEv0NBfaukCRX4OXGr6

Gear
IN Post #3

Phase 2, Wealth Acquisition - MF Vaal Spark (levels 75-90)

This build is based on Havoc's MF version of Vaal Spark from the Tempest League. It's primary purpose is to farm Dried Lake and low level maps at great speed to accumulate enough wealth to purchase all the gear necessary for phase 3. I will be pumping all the currency generated into purchasing Brittle Emperor cards as quickly as possible.

As I want to get this build running as soon as possible, I will be running a hybrid Life/ES version of the spec instead of low life. This version should be cheaper to get started and does not require Shavronne's Wrapping. It will however most likely have less DPS, which should not be a problem for the low level content we plan to farm.

Starting Requirements
Chill of Corruption OR 2 x Sacrificial Harvest

Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA37DfioIQ6QJLrhsl2VttGQj0EVDAVDW5akOnKx1PLR9Ms5Ug0B8gbq6zBAfB8-_rUDBBloPboqPbXgVC0PVVxn_GLJw6WJMnJ6kRlhBYvorviAceDkh2EcrToS_5N5UuDdFd8rQM18_w1WNDfjNw1bb3RnHqukmxSVGP-qSRidMrCoMJDXzQ0Ov1E55wUhEvb56xkFfJX2pknYw2nKQtqCj68h1VS4cTvoCCx2HidwcdviaVM4cWvwPuAx4Pqx9BJIvDOpu1KjiExUV-Dlxq-g==

Gear
Jewels

Phase 3, Uber Farming - Hybrid CoC Discharge (levels 90++)

This build was originally written about by MatrixFactor, props to him. His build guide can be found here.

I ran this build with great success in the 1 Month Flashback, killing Uber over 80 times. It has a steep gear requirement to really begin to shine which is why I choose to wait until higher levels to start playing it. I plan to go straight into Uber Atziri farming once I spec into this build.

The key to getting this build online is the Voll's Devotion amulet. It is important to buy the Brittle Emperor cards as early in the league as possible, before they increase in value too much.

Starting/Uber Requirements
Voll's Devotion (Acquire by purchasing Brittle Emperor cards)
5-Link Voll's Protector
Vagan Dagger - (Skean/Poignard)
Maligaro's Virtuosity
Level 20 Purity of Fire and Purity of Lightning
Level 2 Enlighten
2 x -8 mana cost Elreon Diamond Rings
Surgeon's Granite of Iron Skin - 95% ++
Intuitive Leap
3 x +2 mana gained on hit jewels
Decent ES/Life Shield, Helm, Boots

Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20Zl_Qi9BFQUlNsCzW5l5U9X5MnpytMs76K74hTNdAfIG5FfsrToS_5N1BC7-tQMA5ctAzXz6IujDbbXmr6RnHqukmxDkhVS4MJDXwRll3yYeJvnlfJBx6QG3DVtvcmlZykKPqVLnBWidMrCha_hxOYrbiT8NWaE3BSES8Pq3cHHNxJUY_629Qki-vujxrQ0Ov1wzoy0V9qZJ2btSo4RUfyHYTFwGYEszwFogDvfPAf4XNo8po7gpvsOIV7ZlQZivsJ9toajw3RY0M=
Intuitive Leap is used to take the 4 notables around Templar jewel socket.

Gear

Character 2 - Low-Life DPS Vaal Spark

Currently farming Ubers to bank roll this char.
Gear Pieces so far

Current Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAA-4FQgceB2MNfA3RDkgOXA_EES8RUBGWE54bJR1PHYMdviBuJ6ko-io4KwotHy2oMFszhzW5O3w_J0GWRX5GcUlRSshLrkyzUDBVS1fJWW1aUlyKXfJfal-YX7BjQ2SdavptGW-ecFJw1XcHe8N7134zf8aCx4MJhMWHE4nTjDaP-pMnlSCVLpWHm12btZykoS-io6SRpyuomqyXrrOxkLQMtve31rjKuZO-gL6KwfPDCcM6ykrK08u9zzLQH9DQ0PXZW9tZ217pAuq66_Xv6_DV8h3ylw==?accountName=NJayWil&characterName=NJay_WTSGarb

Flashback Archive
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1456330
Last edited by NJay0 on Dec 27, 2015, 8:55:24 AM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:06:31 PM
End of Day 2:

Only been able to play like 3-4 hr per day so far due to work scheduling... Hoping to go hard the next 2 days.

Progression was pretty smooth until A3M, slowed down until i got a couple on levels in dried lake and now dried lake farming is pretty easy going.

Lvl 65
2.5K Life
1.5K ES

Gear

1 Week and 12 hours to get the full set.... Could of been faster but still not bad. On track to beat our previous uber time.
Going to hand in the cards on a lvl 20-30 character to improve chances of good implicit

nice implicit :(
Last edited by NJay0 on Nov 10, 2015, 8:29:36 AM
Respec into discharge build is done. A lot of the gear is pretty rough. Will be hunting for upgrades and getting a couple of lvls then going for uber kill. Things are looking good.

2.4K Life, 4.1K ES, Level 86

Gear

Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABLMHHg18DdEOSA5cD6sRLxFQEZYWvxmKGo8bJRzcIG4i9CSLJpUo-io4Kwot0jLRNbk8BT1fRUdFfkZxSVFJsUuuTLNQMFBCUlNTNVVLV8ld8l9qYeJjQ2SdZlRo8mr6bAttGW-ecFJwVnDVdweCm4MJhXuFfYcTidOMNox2jxqP-pAbkyeVLpeVl_SYrZoTmjucpKEvogCiLqcrtAy297iTvorAZsM6ytPQH9DQ18_ZW9te29TfiuFz6QLquuvu6_XsOO9874jv6_Af8NXyHfba-Tf7CQ==?accountName=NJayWil&characterName=NJay_WTSMask
Last edited by NJay0 on Nov 10, 2015, 12:39:34 PM
Uber Down

5L - Lvl 91
3K Life
5K ES

Gear

Jewels

Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABLMHHg18DdEOSA5cD6sRLxFQEZYWvxmKGo8bJRzcIG4i9CSLJpUo-ioLKjgrCi3SMtE1uTwFPV9FR0V-RnFJUUmxS65Ms1AwUEJSU1M1VUtXyV3yX2ph4mNDZJ1mVGjyavpsC20Zb55wUnBWcNV3B4KbgwmExYV7hX2HE4nTjDaMdo8aj_qQG5BVkyeVLpeVl_SYrZoTmjubtZykoS-iAKIupyu0DLb3uJO-isBmwzrK09Af0NDXz9lb217b1N-K4XPpAuq66-7r9ew473zviO_r8B_w1fId8-r22vk3-wk=?accountName=NJayWil&characterName=NJay_WTSMask
Hi,

I wanted to make this build in standart. I got a few questions. First of all i got a limited budget around 35 exalted. Can i make this build? Do i have to get a magnete belt with a purity of elements skill? Also do i have to get -8 to mana cost rings instead of -7?
@yumrukcan
you gotta have voll's devotion, at least 5L voll's protector, vagan dagger with crit chance, and -8 mana rings (diamond rings are best cuz u need to get as much crit as possible). the rest is about to cap resists and get lots of energy shield + health. 35ex in standard thats not much to do the build but u should get volls devotion + volls protector and some other decent things to start the build. By my opinion there's no sence playing standard bcuz the market is broken as fuvk and there's no much ways to gain currency, especially if you cant farm uber.
Last edited by ㆍThirtyㆍ on Nov 17, 2015, 12:59:54 PM
Well i gathered the required items. I am level 88 with this build and i can kill atziri. Just one question what do you use for your 6th link. Ice nova?
Yes ice nova is the 6th link for the CoC discharge build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info