[Live] ErikTheBread's New Player Friendly Stream and Builds thread!

Hi, I'm Erik and I have played this game for a long time and I have always wanted to share what I've learned with other players. Finally my life has come to a point where I can. So, now I'm streaming nearly daily.

Twitch Link: Twitch.tv/ErikTheBread

Goal of the stream is to be new player friendly, my mods are helpful and knowledgeable players that can answer questions when I cannot. I will take breaks and look at builds that people have sent me in my inbox and help them refine the build and help them make it more efficient as well as just give general theory crafting advice!

The chat has a good atmosphere and is helpful so even if you're not a noobie, come on in and have a chat!

------------------------------------------------------

Build List

HC Viable 2h Staff Arc with Call of the Brotherhood

** This build is a work in progress on Tempest, my gear should get much better and the build is subject to change. I will update as time goes along.

YouTube Vid: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChcUxz0PTFY9d6ERlPKVjOQ

Damage 7.5/10

- Your damage comes predominantly from Arc levels so a +3 gem level staff and an empower gem are a must for late game. Your empower gem gets +1 from your staff so everything gains an additional level. EXTREEMELY STRONG and gives you 1, 2 with a vaal arc gem extra chains which rapidly increased your aoe dps. You will easily have 20k+ dps when all your gems are max level without all your damage nodes or good jewels.
- For Auras, run Herald of Thunder and Wrath. If you're feeling squishy or need better gear, run arctic armor instead of wrath.

Clear Speed 7.5/10

- Definitely one of the fastest clear spells with lightning warp spam. With your +3 staff and an empower gem, you will have 6 chains instead of 5 like normal level 20 arc. If you manage to vaal your arc, you can even reach 7 chains, which will blow any other arc build out of the water in terms of clear speed.

However, the build is still behind top tier melee builds in terms of clear speed. *Cough* Cyclone *Cough*

Survivability 8/10

- Call of the Brotherhood causes your arc to chill and often freeze, so everything is already moving slow but then you make the monsters even slower by adding herald of thunder link to curse on hit and temporal chains. I can lightning warp into packs with this build and start casting and I don't take a single hit. If you do this build right the only thing that will kill you is massive burst damage or a stupid mistake. You don't need to use elemental weakness with curse on hit because your damage is so high everything will just die. If you decide to run this build on softcore or want to farm quickly, feel free to switch temp chains with elemental weakness. Also, run manual cast enduring cry with CWDT immortal call, molten shell and summon skeletons for maximum survivability. For gear, look for high armor pieces.

Price 3/10

- +3 lightning staffs aren't expensive b/c this build is in the dark and the only staff people care about +3 fire for SRS. Also, Call of The Brotherhood can easily be bought for 3/4 of an exalt if you can barter well.

Difficulty 4/10

- Have good potion control, run enduring cry often and know your surroundings and you'll be fine.

Leveling 8/10

- Get a life sprig, three link arc with echo and lightning pen. Watch everything die instantly. Even bosses die fast till cruel malachai.

Skill Tree
Spoiler
Skill Tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUABAcEswVCCPQJqgthDc0QWBEPES0TcRQgFm8aOBpsHM4dFB2DH8ci9CSqJy8pTytQK3gsnC2LMFs1kjbpOlg62DrhPC09D0GWRZ1G10yzTeNQR1NSVcZXKViuXqVfP2ZUZ5to8mpDbAttGXGFcg92EXxLfIN8u36vf8aCm4PMg9uFe4uMjHaNGY5kj0aQVZMnlG-Vh5Z0mjua4J2unjyiAKZXpwisl6yYrj6us69sr6exQrb6tz686sBUwGbAmsauzLfQ9dV11abYvdlf2fza3d2M4BLhc-Nq5CLkUevu7DjtPO8O8B_yRfem-d360v4K_lT-jw==

Gear
- Look for high armor pieces with lots of HP and mana. For Jewelry you NEED mana and mana regen. Get cast speed wherever you can get it.
Spoiler

------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Verocious on Aug 20, 2015, 2:48:14 PM
Last bumped on Jun 14, 2016, 9:41:15 AM
Saving post for later
And another post for later
And another
Live!
Live
Live!
Live!
live