Life Gain on Hit

I'm not sure why you're quoting Soul there and talking as if he's wrong, and then describing the exact same behaviour.

Additionally, I see Leech gems all over the place lategame? I must be playing a different game or something.
Lvl 51 Tanky Marauder.

Currently I'm using Molten Shell with a Blood Magic support gem, and I noticed that Life Gain on hit doesn't function with Molten Shell, bug?

*Edit*
Found the answer, feel free to delete this post.
Last edited by darky11 on Feb 9, 2013, 6:57:41 PM
Life on Hit is hilariously OP in the early game with the right attack. My dual claw Lightning Strike Duelist is only in Normal difficulty, but he's been in situations where his life expectancy without moving or attacking is literally 2 seconds, but by spamming LS he stays alive just fine. Will have to see how it scales up later on though.
Reading the description of the gem I though it would work with spells and build a character that would rely on that. Once I got the right gems, lvl and links I finally figured it doesnt work with spells and got kinda screwed.
So please change the wording to make it clear that it doesnt affect spells.
It explicitly states it only works with Attacks. Spells are not Attacks; they're Spells.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 18, 2013, 5:06:29 AM
hi there i just made a post on the suggetions thread concerning loh and i wanted to share this also on the loh thread:

first of all i play LA bloodmagic specc myself - i enjoyed it a while but i dont play it maily because its that much fun more because its very effective lategame

as the main problem with the imbalance of melee vs ranged atm i see is blood magic spec with ranged attack + chain + loh - you heal at depending on you other suppports at least 10% times more than a melee attack with loh and dont even have to stand near to the target - thats just totally imbalanced - i dont think fixing this problem with lowering the LOH ammount would help because it would obviously nerf melee even more !

the other option would be make two life on hit - just like lmp and gmp
- one loh that is for all attacks melee/ranged and even spell - but with a significant lower ammount
- and keep the one that currently exists and make it aviable to melee only!

of course i dont want this changes to be made in the current ladder season, because 50% of the players on hc that use bow + chain + loh would start crying but you defenitely have to change this problem in the future

---
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/193716
ign: ALLRAUDER
"
hi there i just made a post on the suggetions thread concerning loh and i wanted to share this also on the loh thread:

first of all i play LA bloodmagic specc myself - i enjoyed it a while but i dont play it maily because its that much fun more because its very effective lategame

as the main problem with the imbalance of melee vs ranged atm i see is blood magic spec with ranged attack + chain + loh - you heal at depending on you other suppports at least 10% times more than a melee attack with loh and dont even have to stand near to the target - thats just totally imbalanced - i dont think fixing this problem with lowering the LOH ammount would help because it would obviously nerf melee even more !

the other option would be make two life on hit - just like lmp and gmp
- one loh that is for all attacks melee/ranged and even spell - but with a significant lower ammount
- and keep the one that currently exists and make it aviable to melee only!

of course i dont want this changes to be made in the current ladder season, because 50% of the players on hc that use bow + chain + loh would start crying but you defenitely have to change this problem in the future

---
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/193716

So you want to buff the gem for male and NERF it for ranges at the se time? No thanks.
When i place 2 x Life Gain on Hit lvl 1 gem into linked item for example with heavy strike then i'll get 12 life on hit? So 2 x gem support can cumulate?
same support gems do not stack. you can have a life gain on hit + life leech gem but not two life gain on hit gems.
So anyone has an idea what the latest update,

"Life Gain on Hit is now scaled by the Damage Effectiveness of a skill."

is going to affect the gameplay? I assume this is a nerf?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info