Life Gain on Hit

Yes, that is exactly what I just said :P
Of note though: Skill Gems can also increase Life Gain. Heavy Strike + Splash + Multistrike + Life Gain has got to be hilarious.
But mana cost...
lets see... 10 *1.5 *1.6 *1.8 = 43.2mp per use times 2 for blood magic support (or not if keystone) = 86.4
life gain on hit 40 *1.5 =60 or 50 from a 20% quality *1.5 [heavy strike] = 75
per foe struck and attacks 3 times per cast at slightly more than twice the speed (2.1 "more") NOT counting other ias. so... either 180 or 225 life gain per cast, or 126 to 157.5 per second.

could also use glacial or infernal blow, they have damage mods of 125% and thus also increase life gain on hit support.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Apr 10, 2013, 12:54:17 AM
Cyclone damage effectiveness 40%

Physical damage, which already suffers from a 40% skill gem, suffers major reduction by mob armor => LoH x 40%, Life leech from physical x (less than 40%).

Chris why do you hate melee so much ?
Resists trolls
Casts Joy
Ninja looter
Spreads tar when tickled
Last edited by skarrmania on Apr 11, 2013, 9:02:42 AM
Heavy strike doesn't seem to increase Life Gain On Hit by its 150% effectiveness anymore, at least according to the tool-tip.

I want to say it worked in 0.11.1B, but not in 0.11.1C. But I cant be sure.
"
CombatVVombat wrote:
Heavy strike doesn't seem to increase Life Gain On Hit by its 150% effectiveness anymore, at least according to the tool-tip.

I want to say it worked in 0.11.1B, but not in 0.11.1C. But I cant be sure.

The stats refactor from patch 0.11.1 changed the Damage Effectiveness stat on all attacks (not just melee skills as stated in the patch notes) into Deals x% of Base Damage. This seems to have consequentially unwound the scaling of Life Gain on Hit. I've checked using Cyclone, Double Strike and Lightning Arrow and each skill not only displays the same amount of life gain on the tooltip, but each also returns the same amounts when used, so this doesn't appear to be just a display bug.
Does a skill have to deal damage for this gem to work?
Like, if I have a dualtotem character, can I do gmp\chain power siphon for 0 dmg and support it with life gain on hit for some extra cures?
Ambush IGN: Kvazzminions | EKvazz
Zero damage still Hits (it triggers Power Siphon's Culling after all); should work fine.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 1, 2013, 9:50:12 AM
so im confused, theres conflicting information in this thread

how does LGoH scale with damage effectiveness. is it only the skill gems damage effectiveness, or also the supports damage effectiveness?

AKA lets say i run flicker, 125% base dmg, LGoH scales with that. But you also have multistrike, does LGoH effectiveness get reduced since multistrike has 36% less attack damage at level 18??

would the attack damage bonus from Le Heup of All also be factored into LGoHs effectiveness?
Damage Effectiveness is only Damage Effectiveness. Flicker does not have DE anymore. Related patch notes are here.
Increased, Reduced, More and Less [stuff] are all plain modifiers, and unrelated to DE.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Oct 16, 2013, 1:08:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info