Knockback

Looks like this has been removed from the game afaict, at least from quest rewards.
Can anyone confirm that it does or doesn't drop?
I'm level 42 and I haven't seen it yet.
knockback is definitely from a marader normal mode act 2 reward, or one of the str classes as reward anytime after that.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Is the effect of this support gem affected by the Templar/Marauder's increased knockback distance passives?
Yes.

Lets say I give my flame totem the knockback support. Does the totem benefit from the knockback passives? I'm not exactly sure since totems get benefits from some stats like damage stats (as long as it applies to the totem type) but does not benefit from your defensive stats. Not sure where knockback falls into.

testing with a Flame totem supported with GMP + Knockback while using Quill Rain (100% proj speed) and the results are hilariously good. I see mobs that do leap slam get their animation interrupted mid air and just get locked up. Just want to know if I can grab those knock back passives to improve this.
Last edited by Lionguild on Dec 3, 2012, 3:40:16 PM
"
Lionguild wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Is the effect of this support gem affected by the Templar/Marauder's increased knockback distance passives?
Yes.

Lets say I give my flame totem the knockback support. Does the totem benefit from the knockback passives? I'm not exactly sure since totems get benefits from some stats like damage stats (as long as it applies to the totem type) but does not benefit from your defensive stats. Not sure where knockback falls into.
Yes. It's not so much offensive/defensive - it's whether we're talking about the skill or the totem.
The skill used by the totem is yours - the totem is just a method of delivery. So when the skill would reference any stat, it's backed up by your stats. So damage the skill used by the totem would do, or any other effect, is affected by your stats.
The totem itself has its own stats when those are needed, such as when something hits it and needs to know its armour.

Anything where we're looking for a stat from the skill the totem uses, has your stats.
Anything where we're looking for a stat from the totem object, it has its own stats.
Thanks for the confirmation.
How exactly does knockback work? Does it disable control like stun? Can the "disable" duration be reduced by anything? Is the knockback time/distance affected by anything or is it static?
knockback distance is fixed and improved with passives that are with the increased chance to knockback. it is not a stun, it literally means the affected foe(s) get moved back directly away from source of hit.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
knockback distance is fixed and improved with passives that are with the increased chance to knockback. it is not a stun, it literally means the affected foe(s) get moved back directly away from source of hit.

Does it disable like a stun though? Do you still retain control of your character during the knockback animation? Can you use abilities during the knockback animation?
It does absolutely nothing other than moving you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info