Item Rarity

"
soul4hdwn wrote:
damage over time doesn't count for the moment.

Didn't see any more info yet in this topic about damage over time like burn effect killing mobs. So I guess my fireball with change to ignite and this item rarity gem isn't going to help too much? :(
item find related mods on equip, yes.
item find support gems (this one and the quantity one), no.
"
Whitenight wrote:
what about Traps linked with this gem.

for example bear trap and fire trap, does the initial hit have to kill the monster or the floor fire dmg count as well for the kill to have that rarity support.

would also like to know =)
"
aska974 wrote:
"
Whitenight wrote:
what about Traps linked with this gem.

for example bear trap and fire trap, does the initial hit have to kill the monster or the floor fire dmg count as well for the kill to have that rarity support.

would also like to know =)

See the post above yours? Degens don't "hit" and as such don't proc IIR/IIQ, you need to kill the mob with the initial hit.
My entire life was a lie... now that sucks :(
"
Zark wrote:
[...]

Another possibility could be the chain mechanic, does the rarity/quantity bonus work when a mob dies as the last one in a chain line?

Hi there, still looking for an answer.
Can someone confirm if it's works well or not?
all kill on hits, will trigger rarity. only DoT do not hit and thus only those do not apply. everything else will work if the skill linked to rarity kills "something" (and affects that something's drops).
ok. so am i reading this right then --- the skill gem IIR or IIQ linked to fire trap, if the DoT kills them mob then it doesnt get the bonus.

does the DoT get the bonus from my gear?

sorry if this was answered, currently have a fire trap templar and want to use it for farming but not if the DoT isnt giving me the IIR that my GEAR gives.

thx!
"
wussmonster wrote:
ok. so am i reading this right then --- the skill gem IIR or IIQ linked to fire trap, if the DoT kills them mob then it doesnt get the bonus.

does the DoT get the bonus from my gear?

sorry if this was answered, currently have a fire trap templar and want to use it for farming but not if the DoT isnt giving me the IIR that my GEAR gives.

thx!
DoT's benefit from gear.
Any idea if the explosion for Explosive Arrow will proc the IIQ/IIR gems? I read that DoT's won't but I don't know if the explosion is considered a DoT or not.
Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info