Item Rarity

"
wuweird wrote:
Does the IR increase count for enemy killed by the ongoing effect of an attack, such as the AoE poison of Poison Arrow? Or is it only for direct kills by the projectile?
No. Currently these supports can only apply to actual hits with the supported skill. We hope to change this in future.
"
Umbraal wrote:
It's based on the last thing that hit the monster, degeneration doesn't deal damage and doesn't hit monsters. If you killed something with the poison cloud it would get increased drops but if you attacked it with something else first and then it died to poison then it would not get the benefit.
This is not the case.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Currently these supports can only apply to actual hits with the supported skill.

Aw.

"
We hope to change this in future.

Yay!
If this support gem is connected to a minion skill, such as the zombie, will all mobs killed by said zombie have higher rarity. If not, I would greatly suggest that they do.
Do all support gems stack on each other, like double item rarity, minion life, ect. because there is no visual indicator that suggest that it does. I have found that when item rarity is attached to any other skill that there is no visual feedback suggesting that it does. I hope that in future updates effects will stack and will be able to be seen on items even when there is another of identical effects. That said, I have greatly enjoyed that time I have so far invested into this game.
"
GandrewCarder wrote:
If this support gem is connected to a minion skill, such as the zombie, will all mobs killed by said zombie have higher rarity.
Yes.
"
GandrewCarder wrote:
Do all support gems stack on each other, like double item rarity, minion life, ect. because there is no visual indicator that suggest that it does.
Multiple copies of the same support will not both affect the same active skill. Only the highest-level one is used. You can put as many applicable different supports as you like on an active skill, and all will take effect.

You can tell if a support gem is affecting an active skill because it will add a small letter to the skill's icon in the skill bar.
This doesn't seem to work with buffs like Hatred which is an interesting observation as Hatred modifies physical damage and so is being applied to all physical attack skills.

Was this a design choice?
OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara
It can't possibly apply to Hatred. It explicitly applies a bonus to monsters killed by the supported skills. The hatred skill is an aura, and can't kill anything.
Hi Mark,

As a duelist bow user i am still confused which attack i can pair with this gem.

As it is now: poison arrow and fire are not optimized rihgt? If the mob dies from cloud or burning then it doesnt count as hit. This is often the case. Although both attacks show the letter symbol on my skill.

Can you advise me which attack is optimized for a bow users?

Problem for me is that fire arrow is my highest singel dps, by far. Poison my main skill. I tried elemental hit but its weak dps. Also lightning arrow, which is a cool skill, but the mana cost is way to high, even with a mana reduce gem.

Last edited by Patsboem on Aug 19, 2012, 8:25:37 AM
elemental hit is not weak, the dps just can't show the extra ranomd damage. also for this skill support, only the killing hit works atm. damage over time doesn't count for the moment.
Does this gems works only If I am linking it with skill (Lighting Arrow), additionally I have to last hit mob with this skill to get profit ?
"
Grzester wrote:
Does this gems works only If I am linking it with skill (Lighting Arrow), additionally I have to last hit mob with this skill to get profit ?
i answered the second question in post before you, yes the killing hit of a skill linked to this support.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info