Cold to Fire

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
This would be much more useful, if 20 lvl converted 95-100% of cold damage to fire, (instead of 72%).

Why would anyone use this gem, if he can use another gem, that provides much more DPS bonus?
Resistant foes can be dealt with Cold penetration gem, for example.
i did the math awhile ago of this gem vs cold pene, and it is in the same thread...
although i personally would leave the gem at lv 18% for the 70% instead of maxing to a funny numbered 72%.
You a refering to a situation, where a mob has 50-75% cold res, but 0% fire res, right? But usually mobs have fire resist as well. Sure, it can help in some situations, but more because fire spells are weak compared to frost ones.
BTW, Added chaos damage helps with frost resist as well.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jul 10, 2013, 3:37:54 AM
penetration gems ignore the actual resistances of mobs, but are somewhat weaker than the res reducing curses because of it. mobs don't have a different cap than the one players suffer from (75%). if you wanted to deal cold damage to a fire res mob, then why you even thinking about cold to fire unless you crit for slight extra dps from burning (which happens regardless of res but damage dependant on res). yes some ice skills are stronger. if wanting fire damage and already pumped into ice, then just get a second ice skill and max cold to fire.

my flaw in that thorough math is double curse (a single curse might only balance out), the pene would win in the double res reduction and maybe plus EE.
What about curse immunes?
Also, switching skill in combat isnt practical, you should have skill(s) for all situations.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
you should have skill(s) for all situations.
that is the point in having multiple skills (even two different versions of the one you want)... thanks for agreeing :D
"
DutchRudder wrote:
this gem should really work in blue and red gem slots

agreed! the gem is half red half blue, so it would make sense! plus id love to see the dmg 100% converted!
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
Honestly, I think it would be cool if the gem converted cold to fire in a blue slot and fire to cold in a red slot (or vice versa). The name of the gem would no longer make sense, but eh :P
@Moylin (Beyond)
"
Avelice wrote:
Honestly, I think it would be cool if the gem converted cold to fire in a blue slot and fire to cold in a red slot (or vice versa). The name of the gem would no longer make sense, but eh :P

And what happens, if you put it into Tabula Rasa? No effect :)?

There is no knowledge
That is not power
am I right that the only real use of this gem is if you have a lot of + elemental increased damage, because then those apply to both damage, so a 10% ele node would increase your damage by 20%, right?
IGN: Vensun
"
Vensun wrote:
am I right that the only real use of this gem is if you have a lot of + elemental increased damage, because then those apply to both damage, so a 10% ele node would increase your damage by 20%, right?
no, if you have only cold damage boosts and all element damage boosts, damage will be the same as before.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info