Warlord's Mark

It's just Leech like any other source. Leech is based on final Damage Dealt.
If I have a +10% increased effect of curses, will Warlord's Mark grant me a 2.2% leech, or is it truncated and will remain at 2% until I get +50% inc effect of curses?
Why would it be truncated? :) Leech always allows decimal values.
(also, if it were truncated, you'd get 0% from Act/Map bosses!)
Warolrd's mark + 33% curse effectiveness allow to stun every monster but not map bosses. It is going to be fixed and it iwll not allow to stun other unique mobs like exiles or perandus bosses or it is not bug?
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
You don't even need Curse Effect for that; your Damage can usually cover the remaining Stun Chance. Been that way for a long time now, apparently it's not a problem? *shrug*
Just part of the 'everything that's not a Map Boss is trivial' design I suppose.

To directly answer your question: it's not a bug, no. It's just really fucking powerful. :p
does that life leech work for spells today?
Yep! Has been that way for quite a bit now. :)
Since 2.5 i started using Blade Flurry (in place of Blade Vortex).

I use Warlord's Mark with Blasphemy tu apply it to enemies and be able to leech ES (CI character).
I use Vaal Pact and Ghost Reaver of course.

But it seems that it do not leech much ES...
I tried using life leech gem in place, tested in Dread Lake and it seems that ES leeched is better with the gem... it shouldn't be, the gem and the curse leech 2% of damage...

Where am i wrong ?
Removing the ability to leech with spell through this curse just killed the gem. It's now in the same tier than punishment, useless and forgettable.

The fact is that if a lot of casters were using it, it was mostly because casters don't have reliable sources of damage mitigation and life/mana sustain on their side of the tree.

This curse was nearly mandatory for all MOM build just for its ability to make you recover 20% of your mana pool per sec when you get hit, which is something that's very hardly doable by other way in the game, even with arcane surge. (something that happen quite often while you have to stand still to cast your skill and low evasion/dodge) And i'm not even talking about crazy mana consumption of numerous skills that wont be playable through regular mana management anymore.
Now spell caster have to invest in Energy leech + EB to have comparable mana pool regen. Not to mention that, it cost way more in skill point and ES stuff to just being able to decently sustain a mana pool with MoM than previously. (shitty EB placement btw)

In comparison only 3 skill points near the duelist are sufficient to sustain life and mana for most attack builds, with no need to invest in a greater mana pool or mana regen on stuff, furthermore you gain a bonus to your max leech per sec by doing so ... (this also explain why caster are the only ones who were using this curse) The asymmetry is real and just stupid. I don't get it ! We both, attackers and casters, have the same encounters, isn't it ?

defensively this curse was a must have because of its leech and endurance charge generation, something that again is very inaccessible to casters.
Sources of damage mitigation are very rare for casters (fortify and endurance charges to sums them up), block is anecdotic at this side of the tree and Dodge is far away and a no go if you use ES even with EB. Letting casters to their only efficient defensive option, increasing their EHP by using MOM, ES, or stacking both playing hybrid and this even with the low availability of decent life nodes at this side of the tree forcing most builds to travel up to the scion life wheel.. Not to mention that hybrid stuff (es/evasion and ES/armor)are poopy tier but still played for socket's colors/budget reason.
Many on death or OS mechanics force player to use CWDT immortal call setup to increase their survivability to a decent level. (hi porcupines) So endurance charge generation is key and caster don't have many way to generate them nerfing one of this way is a pretty harsh hit to their survivability.

Otherwise you can freeze everything on the screen so you avoid a lot of things by shattering mobs, but attackers can do that to and i don't think that it's something desirable for build diversity to encourage everyone playing freezing builds or cold conversion builds.

This curse was overused because it was responding to the numerous problems that are in the game. Nerfing it will not patch thoses numerous problems it just will reduce build diversity. This nerf can be sums up by deleting the curse from our mind and causing sustain/survivability issues for casters.

Last edited by Pulco6tron on Jul 8, 2019, 8:52:15 PM
"
Pulco6tron wrote:
Removing the ability to leech with spell through this curse just killed the gem. It's now in the same tier than punishment, useless and forgettable.

The fact is that if a lot of casters were using it, it was mostly because casters don't have reliable sources of damage mitigation and life/mana sustain on their side of the tree...

This nerf made CoC, totems and mines exceed self-cast in ways not previously imaginable. And even before this nerf there were very few reasons to self-cast.
Well done GGG, you've officially killed self-casting in PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info