[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

Hi, I'll be making an update to my character progression to also inform other new players. It's been more than two monnths I've been solely playing this build. In my previous post I said that I might push it to 100k dps, well I'm at 260k dps at the moment. I changed Enfeeble with Punishment, also giving me 340k dps whenever I curse enemies, to achieve that I made it so that Cast When Damage Taken procs about 750 damage taken. At level 90, I'm already %85 crit chance so the Diamond Flask doesn't do anything for me. So I use Rumi's Concoction, Silver Flask and Atziri's Promise. This way I get 340k dps %70 of the time. This is of course without Vaal Haste and Ancestrall Protector buffs. I'm not good at math but that pushes above 500k I think. I chose Rumi's Concoction instead of Lion's Roar because A) Knockback is freaking annoying, B) CWDT so low, Molten Shell only gives me 300 damage absorption which is like nothing so I feel comfortable with %30+ block chance. I think it was a nice trade.

In total, my equiıpment worth about 10 exalts at this point which is not much if you consider that this is my only character and I've been playing it everyday for more than two months. I mean, if you put 6 drop only gems into your weapon swap and get them to level 3, pure profit itself covers the character in quarter of the time anyway.

Of course Path of Building doesn't do justice to the build, survivability is so high that you can attack > dodge > attack when you need to while hitting chaos damage and regenerating health with 5 Endurance Charges. You only need 3-4 seconds to get to full life while your totem and golem taking the aggro and poison hinders the boss's ability to regenerate. I don't even worry when all my flasks are down anymore. There were actually many times that Ancestrall Call and Chaos damage combined finished the fight for me while I'm regenerating.

I haven't been able to complete the whole content with my character but in the hands of a more advanced player, I see the possibility. I enjoyed it thoroughly. I'd like to thank the creator for this build. It looks simple enough but more you sophisticate, more you get out of the build. I'll definitely try it again when I get more experience and better understanding of the mechanics of the game.
Is it crossbow or is it assault rifle?
Hi, love the build. I was wondering if there was anything to update with 3.2? Thanks
Hey Im using this build, lvl83 got a fair bit of decent gear but still dieing/ need help. Also while running 3 auras i have like NO MANA how do you compensate for this??
a e s t h e t i c guide
Updated to 3.3

Still missing video since skill revamp completely changed everything and I need to record new one. Old ones are irrelevant. I also need to write up Elder encounter but that isn't necessary for now.

I plan to run this build in Incursion league so I will be uploading gear for each stage of game for those who have problem with gearing.
IGN: Nanashi_Sabazashi
"Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide
view-thread/1321402
This is the build i want to try!, bro know that double strike has sweet bleed perks, what do you thing about Sanguine Gambol? it looks sick for this build!
Hi, 1st time playing this game and trying to use your build, looks cool, thank you. So as i understand i must have 1 double strike item with aoe gems to clear crowds and 2d ds (vaal version) to kill single targets, so i hit 1-2 times(cos right now i have souls only for 2 attacks) with vaal ds to summon clones and then continue to hit with vaal ds but regular ds (cos vaal ds gives us 2 ds skills now right?). and offhand weapon must be something like dagger for global crits? and one more thing - "In act 1 make sure to grab your totem" totem its ancestral warchief right? but its lv 28 item how can i get it in act 1 or i can buy it from other guys and can use it on my current lvl dont need to hit 28 to use? Thanks in advance and sorry for newbie questions and english isnt my 1st language.
hello something I do not understand what kind of weapon to use at the end swords, axes, daggers ??? ''
You mention 5 skills, so as a beginner I then wonder: do you have to use all of them for most fights? I won't be able to keep control over 10 skills (with flasks), plus movement and such in the heat of battle. I've enjoyed the Duelist Cleave build so far, but Avarius in Act 5 completely and utterly destroyed me, so it would be nice with a more 'meaty' build. Maybe this would do? But if hefty interaction with skills is needed I may end up more frustrated than after all those insta-deaths.

Would you say this is viable throughout the campaign (at least most of it) without being very capable with fast triggering fingers on the right buttons?
Thanks for the build, I'll try in new league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info