Wild Strike

whatever...thx
Last edited by Zindax on Mar 13, 2017, 11:34:11 PM
When you hit an enemy, the game determines what Element your Physical damage is converted to. It then knows what modifiers to apply after said Conversion occurs - worth noting here: all Conversion, including the random conversion on Wild Strike, occurs before all Damage multipliers.

So yes, the game does "mysteriously" work correctly when it knows precisely what is happening (when hitting an enemy), and it doesn't know the final result when there's a random factor it cannot account for (when writing up the tooltip).

And yes, Wild Strike does factor in the WED Support just fine.

Accounting for Resists, Auras, Buffs and Debuffs isn't somehow more taxing on the engine, realistically speaking. Computers are actually pretty good at computing.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 13, 2017, 10:53:21 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
When you hit an enemy, the game determines what Element your Physical damage is converted to. It then knows what modifiers to apply after said Conversion occurs - worth noting here: all Conversion, including the random conversion on Wild Strike, occurs before all Damage multipliers.

So yes, the game does "mysteriously" work correctly when it knows precisely what is happening (when hitting an enemy), and it doesn't know the final result when there's a random factor it cannot account for (when writing up the tooltip).

And yes, Wild Strike does factor in the WED Support just fine.

Accounting for Resists, Auras, Buffs and Debuffs isn't somehow more taxing on the engine, realistically speaking. Computers are actually pretty good at computing.

Thanks buddy.

So, its a matter of anticipating which random element its going to be? Ok. I can see how the computer doesn't like to "predict" future events, but its not like all hopes of solving the problem end there.

I don't see why the code couldn't just calculate if fire, calculate if lightning, calculate if cold, then add them up all up and divide by three. To me, not thinking of the code, it seems easy. I'm a human and that's the way I solve math problems.

Thanks for explanation. Perhaps its about time that I chip in on a supporter pack.
Can you fix the fire impact sound?
Make it smoother maybe, like a flame puff...?

Currently it's way too heavy and distorted, really annoying and out of place,

sounds like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n1t7kzakyM
"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
"
Elemenz wrote:

came here to say almost exactly this. just stopped playing my wildstrike build bc the attack speed is too fast and the fire sound just hurts my ears and speakers alike.
I propose a wild strike skin please. Divine to be exact.
"
kikiodead wrote:
"
Elemenz wrote:

came here to say almost exactly this. just stopped playing my wildstrike build bc the attack speed is too fast and the fire sound just hurts my ears and speakers alike.

yup came here to say the same thing. it sounds like a broken, muted kick drum with low-fi distortion and it's just bad. one of those typical fire sfx "woosh" noises might work better

also in general the fire explosion seems by far the worst element, no range and (apparently) no additional damage to make up for that fact. if it hit the initial melee attack enemy too that would probably make up for it (unless it already does this? can't find any info on that). i'm disappointed every time i roll fire instead of the excellent lightning or cold.
I'ts one of my favorite skills. I'm running it now second league in a row. I did farm Shaper with it last league.

Here is my build if anyone is interested.

3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
1)Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm assuming that since the skill does no physical damage any passives that leech physical damage as life are useless.

2)Also, from what I gather the skill does a normal melee hit that works with melee splash and also produces a secondary effect that does it's own damage, so you're getting two different layers of damage. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.
Aye, you're not getting any leech from items or nodes that specifically leech physical.
(might not be the best place to ask this kind of question, few people read here)
I believe this build should follow the "no shotgunning" policy just the same as other skills, so it's basically just 1x damage, but I wouldn't put trust into that atm.
Edit: Actually, true, might be two damage ticks. I know the secondary still happens when the attack misses, just not sure if it can still hit the target. Should be the same accuracy roll, but maybe with dodge?

Edit2: After using it for a while, I have to second the others impression of the fire conversion sound.
It could do with being muffled a little, for lack of a better explanation. It's just a little bit too sharp.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Last edited by UnDeaD_CyBorG on Oct 21, 2017, 5:36:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info