Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

One question: I took a look at my gems, the ones in this guide and some of people who posted here and everywhere Stormbrand lvl 20 costs 20 mana and it's used with Arcane Surge level 6 which procs at 26.

I'm a noob so I might not get it, but doesn't that mean that it procs only every 2nd time?

Shouldn't Arcane Surge be lvl 4 (so it procs at 19 mana cost)?

The guide even says

"To reliably proc it with every cast you need to keep it at whatever your mana cost allows, usually Lv6!"

but then in the gem setup you also see Stormbrand 20 + Arcane Surge 6, which wouldn't work to reliably proc it with every cast, would it?

Am I missing something?

Nvm... I'm a noob. Just found out that there's the multiplier on Inc Duration.
Last edited by Cendrake on Jan 19, 2019, 9:38:39 AM
Hi people, I'm do quite well with this build so far and could clear everything expact uber elder. Any advice how to imporve my current gear toward endgame?
what's the best way to proc onslaught without a silver flask? abyssal jewel? It gives around 10% dps increases so I feel like i'm missing out without it
"
Gak2 wrote:
what's the best way to proc onslaught without a silver flask? abyssal jewel? It gives around 10% dps increases so I feel like i'm missing out without it

I have it linked to stormbrand with culling strike.
So atm nearly 500k DPS and 4,6k Life and 2k Mana.

But Delving gets rly hard at 230+

So what should i upgrade next ?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MIIIK/characters

Main Focus is Delve for me
Last edited by MIIIK on Jan 19, 2019, 12:17:23 PM
"
Gak2 wrote:

I use that jewel, fossilmade it somehow randomly
"
b1zm4rk wrote:
"
Movement: If Lightning Warp didn't require a 4L setup in order to be viable, I'd be right there with you. Others may disagree, but I find I'm much better off never getting in melee range to proc Fortify, and it's only there for an "oops" moment when I dashed in too close. LW requires movement speed to scale effectively, and WB or LS do not. Also, if you have LW, FD serves no purpose.

I've played a little bit of poet's pen and I love the Lighting warp. Whirling blades kinda has a clunky feel for me, i don't know why, but it just doesn't suit me.

So, why do you say LW needs a 4 gem setup, when on poet's pen builds it is with a 3 gem setup on the poet's pen.

Could you give me more info on this, because I really like this build a lot and I only have problem with the way I move around. Since I am a noob, playing like 2 weeks or so, I am not sure i can figure out the downsides to using WB instead of LW, and I really want to fit in LW in a way, even tho i might lose something in return.

Thanks a lot :D

LW has a long cast time, so you need Faster Casting in the gem setup. Poet’s Pen auto-casts spells, so FC would be pointless. The other 2 supports (Less Duration and Swift Affliction) reduce the travel time. LW looks like this:

(1) Cast the spell, modified by cast speed.
(2) Wait the duration it would take to run to the teleport location, modified by support gems and other duration modifiers. You may perform other actions during this time.
(3) Teleport
Last edited by Aldonés on Jan 19, 2019, 1:03:43 PM
"
Turza wrote:
Hi people, I'm do quite well with this build so far and could clear everything expact uber elder. Any advice how to imporve my current gear toward endgame?

I would suggest you read the guide and properly follow the skill tree.

Crit Nodes in the middle should be Lord of The Dead.

You wasted 3 points to get that jewel slot when you could have just used 2 and gotten Lightning Walker for the same. You didnt get purity of flesh.

That belt. That Flask.

Sell that not needed lvl21 wrath to fund for some daggers.

Get Lightning Spire setup.
Last edited by Artwebb1986 on Jan 19, 2019, 1:15:17 PM
okay, i just want to know if Im doing this right. My dps with enemy chilled goes up from 294k to 406k.

https://pastebin.com/bE6LpNfy
"
MIIIK wrote:
So atm nearly 500k DPS and 4,6k Life and 2k Mana.

But Delving gets rly hard at 230+
Spoiler
So what should i upgrade next ?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MIIIK/characters

Main Focus is Delve for me

I'll let you plug yourself into PoB to fully figure out the dps thing, but there are a couple things:
Spoiler

1) Replace:
a. Mana Leech Support on Storm Brand, your Mana flask, and Clarity. Watcher's Eye covers all mana trouble
b. Blood of the Karui. Atziri's Promise will offer better life regeneration as well as a dps boost and chaos res.
c. All crafts that say "to attacks." They do nothing for spells.
d. Herald of Thunder. The dps boost is not worth 35% mana reserved.

2) Life is low. This will have to be a slow upgrade of gear, jewels should have #% max life.

3) For the cost of 1 respec point (or Orb of Regret), you can pick up the Minion Damage node, and then spend 2 more respecs to drop the two 20% crit nodes.

4) Finish getting Quality on flasks. Vendoring a total of 40% flask quality will yield 1 Glassblower's Bauble.

5) Arcane Surge is over-leveled, but you get it from your weapon. However, this is not ideal for bosses and drops a useful dagger craft. Level it to 20 for quality, and then stop leveling it at an appropriate level for mana cost.

Delve specific: If you find yourself dying too much, walk behind the crawler rather than pushing it forward. However, make the changes I recommended, and you should be fine for another 100 levels or so before it becomes too difficult.

Note: Any gems you want to level but not use can go in your secondary weapon slots. They do not affect your build in any way but do continue to receive full experience for leveling.
Last edited by Aldonés on Jan 19, 2019, 3:16:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info