Why this one week was a let down for me (Early Closed Beta Player)

"
Hodari wrote:
"
xRoque wrote:

Yes they need to up the prize pool count

"
In total, 490 players received 900 stash tabs and 1080 separate microtransactions between them.

How much more do you want?

He doesn't necessarily want more, he just doesn't want to be a random draw.
"
ddg314 wrote:
"
Hodari wrote:
"
xRoque wrote:

Yes they need to up the prize pool count

"
In total, 490 players received 900 stash tabs and 1080 separate microtransactions between them.

How much more do you want?

He doesn't necessarily want more, he just doesn't want to be a random draw.

Yes but the random draw had me checking my inbox for a reward at rank 5258. That wouldn't happen if top 500 were rewarded. Top 500 people will play no matter what, it's the rest that GGG is interested in attracting and keeping.
The only thing I didn't like about the race was that there was a gigantic gap between TOP 5 or lv70.

By this I mean, I know that as a solo player I had NO chance to compete with a hardcore group, and I'm ok with that, but there was no incentive on going over lv70, I leveled to 83 out of boredom, and to have another 80+ for a free respec, but would have played A LOT more if there was some extra incentive.

Maybe next time prizes should go up to level 90? That would have been enough for me to push harder.
"
Hilbert wrote:
Just pointing out there wasn't a single 1 week solo race so far -.-

My god this would be awesome because I compete with the groups already solo.

IMO the only disappointing part of the race was I didn't win anything :P

I would have been able to compete with the top 10, but burned myself out on day 2 after I was playing catch-up. I lost 3 hours at the start on the first day cause I had shit to do for Christmas. I agree though if there was like a top 25 reward even if it was trivial I'd go really hard.
XBOX-----------------
Kitava Supporter
Dominator Supporter
1st Lvl 100: Incursion League
1st SSF UE, UA, and Shaper: Delve League
did you see the number of people doing the Sc race? about 12000 people created a toon there+ about 3000 in the Hc one.

If you got a prize it s like you dropped a shav...
Forum pvp
"
Hilbert wrote:
Just pointing out there wasn't a single 1 week solo race so far -.-

That's about as likely as a one week Endless Ledge or one week Cutthroat.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Who said anything about the number of prizes? I would care if we got a white 2 handed sword.... just make it competitive again.
"
vaskov17 wrote:
Yes but the random draw had me checking my inbox for a reward at rank 5258. That wouldn't happen if top 500 were rewarded.
Why not? Nothing stopping them from having both random draw prizes and incentives for placement (beyond top 5). Just like they do in seasonal races.

"
vaskov17 wrote:
Top 500 people will play no matter what

Well, no. I would be able to compete for T500, but did not play because there was no personal incentive for me to do so over playing the regular game.

"
lolozori wrote:
did you see the number of people doing the Sc race? about 12000 people created a toon there+ about 3000 in the Hc one.

If you got a prize it s like you dropped a shav...

It's far, far worse than that. The number of entrants is unknown, as both races went over 15,000 entrants (SC 15,000th = L7; HC 15,000th = L4). Hopefully they'll post their race infographic, but given the rush to 1.3.0 they'll probably skip it this time. :(
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
Last edited by unsane on Dec 9, 2014, 6:51:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info