Light radius bug

are you using a shield? When you block an attack doesn't this act as a type of stun if the blocked attack is big enough? (block and stun recovery mods)

And does chayula prevent that short stun from blocking as well?
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
andkamen wrote:
are you using a shield? When you block an attack doesn't this act as a type of stun if the blocked attack is big enough? (block and stun recovery mods)

And does chayula prevent that short stun from blocking as well?

I do yes, but blocking doenstv have its own animation?
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"

Hey Tommie, if your familiar with D2, basically when you block an attack, the game puts you in a block animation where you see the player get hit on the shield and sort of absorb the blow.

Basically this is a form of stun. Your character takes no damage but in exchange he is locked in a very short animation. The way to avoid that in both poe and d2 is to have Block recovery %, especially if you have a lot of block, this will be useful.

Hope this helps Tommie.
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Nov 25, 2014, 12:17:22 PM
That is true, but according to the wiki (which may not be accurate)

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Blocking

"

When an attack is blocked, the game also calculates if the attack would have caused a stun were it not blocked. If it would have caused a stun, the blocking animation is played, stunning you briefly. If it would not have caused a stun, then you get a "free" block with no animation. Faster Block and Stun Recovery and Increased Block Recovery modifiers reduce the length of the blocking animation.

The following formula is the complete calculation for the duration of the blocking animation (in milliseconds). If you cannot be stunned, the block animation will never play.

Also blocking has a very noticeable animation, especially when you dual wield.
Last edited by dzordzo on Nov 25, 2014, 3:06:04 PM
"
GreenDude wrote:
"

Hey Tommie, if your familiar with D2, basically when you block an attack, the game puts you in a block animation where you see the player get hit on the shield and sort of absorb the blow.

Basically this is a form of stun. Your character takes no damage but in exchange he is locked in a very short animation. The way to avoid that in both poe and d2 is to have Block recovery %, especially if you have a lot of block, this will be useful.

Hope this helps Tommie.

Sure, however how can someone lock you in this and also why even use chayula if you'll be stunned either way?
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Did a test with tommie`s caster can confirm unweavering doesnt give stun immunity (he didnt use knockback, and I dont use shield)
Last edited by boye on Nov 26, 2014, 6:49:29 PM
Ok. Sounds like a bug then? Hard to believe Unwavering is not working properly but I'll bring this up to the relevant staff for sure.
IGN: @GreenDude

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info