Ways to improve Endless Ledge

I think curses are one of the worst things about EL. IF they removed monsters that cursed or had a mod where monster curses apply at ~50% effectiveness it would be a much more consistent experience.

Also preventing the harder monsters from spawning at the same time using something like the suggested mechanic would be appreciated. Devourers/coldsnappers/arc soldiers/arc ribbons/dischargers/other ridiculous mobs should never be allowed to coexist.

Also I support more flask drops and changing the provisioning chest so its not just a giant gear pinata.
how effective is raging spirits unlinked at low levels, i haven't honestly tried it.

last endless ledge i did, i died 10 min in as a shadow, rerolled ranger because you cant compete with shadow in that sort of advantage. but i went ranger fire trap, freeze pulse, ek, was 10 seconds short of hitting lvl 25 in 50min. it's possible i could have hit 28 in 10 min depending on zones. found it an interesting experiment.

it's nice that they added more gems! i still think it's useless to have so many items drop out of the chest at the beginning, at best the advantage you get from picking up what you need faster than someone else is nominal, probably non existent.

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
Last edited by HeaT1 on Nov 5, 2014, 11:05:02 AM
I dont think much of many of the suggestions here that would make EL easier (specific monster combos prohibited, specific monsters not spawning until later levels, outright removal of specific monsters or abilities, extra gear boxes in later zones etc).

But i think one change would be a great improvement to fairness without affecting difficulty at all: Fixed monster types in each event. So when you get grapplers, devourers, coldsnappers and arcers in the 2nd zone, you know everyone else is getting them too. Everyone wouldnt necessarily get the same ledge shape, or in the same ratios or each monster type, or the same mods on the rares etc, but overall everyone would be experiencing roughly the same level of challenge throughout each zone, and accordingly, throughout each race.

Should be a fine way to strongly increase the level of competition in EL without having to directly change ELs gameplay.
IGN: KoTao
Using a density rate PoE will most likely never get fixed mob seeds.

You realize the mobseed cannot be placed on different mapseeds?

Also layouts affect the difficulty to avoid certain skills.
Example would be Forest Ledge against Projectiles vs Plateau Ledge.

Especially bosses in longer events might be too difficult.

While the ledge last year in the 12h event looped bosses after some level 40 there will be bosses that are totally unscaled because I think everybody remembers Asphyxia doing mapdamage with arctic breath.

Some bosses have over patches and there wasn't a single longer ledge event and level progression wasn't 2 levels each ledge at some point anymore.

The Ledgechange came with SoTV so expect something like Invaders/SoTV Bosses or Merv/Brutus there.

And you know what a Metalsmith will do in EL if you don't quicksilver through it.

removing it would be nice improving
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
jstq wrote:

"
jstq wrote:

Best idea I've seen
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
"
jstq wrote:

I am for this to be honest.

This race is now just irritating. Rng determines your pace more than anything, the bullshit cursers and casters, fp / cold snap, undying / haste puncture guys. Don't really learn anything from it.
It is nice as an in-between races fun events with no points reward. Ppl say its fun - play it for fun then.
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Correct I don't mind EL where you don't rush from zone to zone and get stuck in some early zones because of ohk potential.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info