How does everyone feel about the new rewards / points required?

No change to the points structure (new event type aside).

Disappointed but not surprised at all.
IGN: KoTao
"
KoTao wrote:

It looks like though the kill races everyone can get at least 10 points, depending on the time you can invest and what not.
"
terrex wrote:
"
KoTao wrote:

It looks like though the kill races everyone can get at least 10 points, depending on the time you can invest and what not.

So far for the kill races we've only seen Piety though... I have a haunting feeling that Brutus, Merveil, Oversoul kills will give less...
"
Cyan_ogeN wrote:
"
terrex wrote:
"
KoTao wrote:

So far for the kill races we've only seen Piety though... I have a haunting feeling that Brutus, Merveil, Oversoul kills will give less...

Good point, we shall soon find out.
I think a lot of people are ragging a little too hard about this racing season. GGG made some decisions and while I don't agree with most of them at least I can see some logic behind them. What I don't understand is making the signature race 2 hours long. No one in the racing scene likes this length of race. Casual player/racers don't like races much longer than 1 hour. With the skill/tree changes and all the new hacks for POE a good number of racers are going to be doing 1 hour Vaal which leaves 45-50 minutes of docks farming. All the competitive racers are sick of docks farming, so many races come down it. I really wish they'd alternate between something casual players like and what hardcore players like. Last season was something more casual so this season I wish something like the Piety kill race was the signature. I'd rather have Piety kill be the signature this season and burst races the signature next season(kappa) than have the 2 hour fixed this season and something equally as crappy as that next season.
Last edited by Granger_Guildmage on Oct 24, 2014, 12:40:50 AM
if you can get very fast Dom kills, Cruel Tidal is probably worthwhile
"
Fightgarr wrote:
- 1000 pt reward SUX
- All the races (except the boss rushes) SUK
- Don't need a top 20 alt art demi 'cuz its a ring, so no skin transfer potential

Therefore, my plan is to get the BoR, hopefully 2 demis, and then I'll probably just do the boss rush races the rest of the season.

inb4 2x account to 1k points
The rewards are pretty boring, i understand there are going to be more faster, but that to me makes racing for 2-3 shit items( just my opinion many have said the same tho ) out of the question especially if almost every single fucking race is a 2-3+hour one...did GGG not listen to the feedback? did they not test what people do in those type of races? you can spend close to 40mins in 1 single area grinding levels because its just the best xp, this is not a race, its boring grind we already do when playing normally, why is ggg so out of touch with the racing comunity.

I know some did not like the decent of flameblast races, but how are they removed completely?, truly out of touch soooo out of touch, i guess as players we needed/need to post more feedback, because they dont understand racing.

new races look interesting, i will see when i will see.

p.s long ass races that make maphack abusers come out even more on-top, GGWP this reason will be interesting in a very bad way.
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
Quoted from my thread, reason for posting it here is that I dont know is there anyone actually reading my thread. anyway here is what i think.

Before I start, I have to say sorry for my poor English.

=========================================================

I only got 7 points from the last race after 10-15 attempted (that is the very first race I played)...

One of the biggest issue is the time of the event is so random (I am located in Ireland/GMT) and most of the event is crashed with my schedule (e.g. work, night shift/OT, dinner and etc).

Second concern is that we have to do almost the same thing/step again and again and again...its just kinda boring (just like the new rampage/beyond, have to start all over again...) I am just an ordinary player and dont have much time to start everything from zero again and again...

And the last thing that stopping me is the score system...I may have an hour freely for playing game every night but the event may not be at that time and so I wont be able to do it...I got 2 points from the first day and then a few more points in the 2 weeks time. I actually gave up trying to catch up the time for the event after the first week. And sometime when I do met the time for the event, I just cant get myself to play it as i know I will have to start all over again...

So I am hoping there will be some changes on the score system and the event scheduling.

=========================================================
24/Oct/2014

I am a bit disappointed after I saw the new race. It is just the same points system and time scheduled events...

I will suggest this...

#1a
-A message broad on the town (e.g. the one we currently have but filled with trading message)
or
#1b
-A npc serve the same way as master

-A XP bar like the one we see how much XP left to level up a master. This will show how many points we got from the race so far.

-Listed all available events (e.g. the Master menu)

-Click the event you interested and it will pop up the event's information (e.g. the dialog for help Oak or Kill Oak) In this case, it will ask you "Start" or "Cancel"

-Some extra rules
\You can use existing character but it will start fresh (no gear and skill point on the tree) during the mission.

\Items you got from the mission cannot carry out.

\Event renew daily or after certain of time.

\No more time attack like event (e.g. The first event for this race)

Will update the point system later on the weekend.

===========

Further more for the time schedule problem I am talking about.

141 Events in this race.

Time (my local time - GMT):
00:00-06:00
Number of Events:

Time:
07:00-12:00
Number of Events:

Time:
13:00-18:00
Number of Events:

Time:
19:00-23:00
Number of Events:

If I am lucky, I am able to catch half of the events during 19:00-23:00. Maybe a few more in the day time during the weekend. I will say 45% of the events arent doable for me due to the time zone problem. 25% are difficult to catch but still doable. 30% are doable but hard to do as people need to go work/school in the next day.

As I said in OP. I am just like many of those ordinary player who wont have much time to catch the event, I hope GGG is aware of this problem and will do some improvement in the next race.

The point system need to be improve as well, the point system is kinda too difficult for people like us who cant do half of the events due to the time zone problem. And we cant afford to spend hours a day just to doing 1/2 events per day.

And the rewards arent that interesting either...just the alt art...and for us ordinary player, the only rewards we may capable to get is those low tier unique which is kinda not that interest at all...

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119850
Selling Crit Bow ilvl 68-75 (Mostly White)
not sure how much use my feedback is as I haven't raced yet, well apart from one attempt in open beta shortly before taking a break from the game, but here you go anyway :)

getting really into this game again since my break, I was very much looking forward to this new race season finally kicking off and having a proper go at it. Seeing the schedule / rewards etc though, I don't think I will bother. Please don't take this as a whine, there is enough of that going around, just the view of a casual wanting to give races a go. If GGG aims races purely at hardcore players, fair enough, it is a race after all but maybe making it slightly more accessible for casual players would get more people interested.

Having a job and living in Europe, pretty much most of the races are inaccessible to me. By describing myself as casual I mainly refer to time investment, play time is limited, but when I play, I am quite up for a challenge and would enjoy the competitive playstyle.I am still tempted to try the occasional race that I can take part in for the fun, but at the same time, having limited playtime, I have to make a choice between racing with absolutely no return as I will not have a hope of getting any of the interesting rewards (I was hoping to aim for a Rumi, which doesn't seem too inaccessible at first), or continuing playing my normal characters and have at least some wealth generation / xp gain to show for at the end of my game time.
As this is a grind game, a playstyle I am quite addicted to, part of the motivation that keeps me playing is that slow but constant gain (wealth/xp) so not sure how motivated I can be to play races knowing full well I will get zilch out of it...

surely there must be a way to let players race at a time that suits them, it's not like the race format requires everyone to run at the same time or am I missing something? or maybe add some small reward for taking part? heck even if it was just a chaos orb for taking part and completing the race, it would give me somethign to show for unlike race points which I can't do anything with... or have them as lifetime points so even a casual can over time build up enough points to one day get a decent reward? I am pretty patient and even if it takes a year to get a reward out of it, there is at least something to work towards...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info