Convocation

I was on the fence at first as I never tried the smoke trap thing, but it feels great having my minions THERE instead of around the corner.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
This gem gets my minions to places they would not go before...

GREAT

doesnt work on my skellies and vaal skellies

Also shouldnt have been a gem in the first place imo but a regular button like "D" detonates ur mines.

Still a very useable gem.

2 seconds heal only? That means my 7393hp zombies get like 70hp regen in that period (lvl6 gem) on using it? bit weak there.

Still a must have for summoners
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
Last edited by Earthslug on May 2, 2014, 4:00:36 PM
the healing part i do not understand at all but probably they had to add something for a skill to not look bland

from gem scaling it seems that at lvl20 it should max out at ~110hp/s
Really hope they will make it work for skeletons and especially the vaal version, would make the gem worth getting into my sockets :(
"Had they not taken my home with fire, I would not have taken their children." Witch -
Useless gem IMO... It doesnt even teleport skelies - they are th eones who get stucked the most.
"
Useless gem IMO... It doesnt even teleport skelies - they are th eones who get stucked the most.

Skeletons never follow a player. This is amazing utility. I cannot imagine anyone saying that this gem sucks.. for a dominating blow char this is MANDATORY gem. For most summoners i believe they rechromed their green socket to blue one immediatelly..
This skill should have been implemented along time ago, I don't know how I lived without it. Repositioning minions is extremely helpful and makes strategic gameplay possible.

great skill.
"

this!

I can not even link trap to it, to byepass the 8sec cooldown
or remote mine

I can byepass the cooldown from most my spell gems, (undurance cry/desecrate/cold snap/etc)
when link traps to it,+ multitrap.

as far as it looks now, I can only link increased duration to it, so my 100life per sec on zombies stays 3.66seconds
Is there a reason you eschewed percentage healing, which would scale with minion health nodes and items, for flat healing?

The scaling of Convocation's 2-second heal is underwhelming. It appears to be intended to help early game only, as at Level 1 it will heal 33% of a Level 6 Zombie's health, but at max level on both gems it will only heal 8% of a basic Level 20 Zombie, with Minion Life bonuses reducing this to 2-4% or less.

The main problem with this is: What incentive do I have to level this gem? Leveling Convocation increases its mana cost and improves its flat healing by ~4hp. I'd want to use the 20% Quality recipe, but what about after that?

Appropriate scaling on the heal or another perk to leveling, like cast speed or a minion movement buff, would be good.
"
Hercanic wrote:
Is there a reason you eschewed percentage healing, which would scale with minion health nodes and items, for flat healing?

The scaling of Convocation's 2-second heal is underwhelming. It appears to be intended to help early game only, as at Level 1 it will heal 33% of a Level 6 Zombie's health, but at max level on both gems it will only heal 8% of a basic Level 20 Zombie, with Minion Life bonuses reducing this to 2-4% or less.

The main problem with this is: What incentive do I have to level this gem? Leveling Convocation increases its mana cost and improves its flat healing by ~4hp. I'd want to use the 20% Quality recipe, but what about after that?

Appropriate scaling on the heal or another perk to leveling, like cast speed or a minion movement buff, would be good.

you named the reason yourself

this gem - as a replacement to smoke mine - did not need ANY bonus. it replaced clunky mechanic + smoke with streamlined mechanic sans smoke. healing is just an icing for early game

and btw - there is another summoner in town - one with HUGE army that is constantly in combat - domination blow characters benefit from the heals quite a bit (even if that is insignificant) because when you play DB char you a) have inc duration passives b) you want your minions THERE and spam Convocation each 8 secs. 100hp/sec looks puny. but with 50 minions it adds up, just like all these flasks of Animation and Rejuv totem

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info