Vaal Lightning Strike

"
Wolfilein wrote:
Also stacking multiple uses on one enemey don't seem to work.

This information is incorrect (copyright by Qarl). I tested both Multistrike and stacking multiple chargeups on the same boss and they both work.

Last edited by Zed_ on Aug 23, 2015, 1:12:26 PM
"
Zed_ wrote:
"
Wolfilein wrote:
Also stacking multiple uses on one enemey don't seem to work.

This information is incorrect (copyright by Qarl). I tested both Multistrike and stacking multiple chargeups on the same boss and they both work.

I stand corrected. Probably should have tested a little bit more serious.
Thank you for the information.
Wolfilein

Im having problem in game to aplay this skill on the target.
In difrnace to skils im curently using like cyclone, flicker and wriling blade this is totaly difrent.
This skill can simply be wasted if you miss click and its realy hard to target some rare monster or a boss in midle of monster pack not to mention simply target graund and waste it complitly by acident.

I reay wish this skill att list have some element of let say a flicker strike wher it can only be activated on selected target.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Sep 6, 2015, 10:47:55 AM
Someone mentioned VLS being bad against reflect, but I'm specifically interested in the reflect mechanic when used against Thorns... does it reflect on each "bounce" for the entire duration?

I thought of VLS as having no "point of origin" once the initial hit (hits if using multistrike) has been made, is this wrong?

cheers
"
rumblestrips wrote:
I thought of VLS as having no "point of origin" once the initial hit (hits if using multistrike) has been made, is this wrong?

If it had no origin, then it wouldn't deal Damage (and wouldn't generate loot if it culled something). It's you dealing Damage, so you take the Reflect.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
rumblestrips wrote:

If it had no origin, then it wouldn't deal Damage (and wouldn't generate loot if it culled something). It's you dealing Damage, so you take the Reflect.

Thx for confirmation... the rip makes sense now:/
Last edited by rumblestrips on Sep 12, 2015, 8:34:12 AM
I think corpses should still apply the damage. It will see a lot more use that way. It will counter the shatter builds forcing a different approach compared to the other vaal skills.
"
rumblestrips wrote:
Someone mentioned VLS being bad against reflect, but I'm specifically interested in the reflect mechanic when used against Thorns... does it reflect on each "bounce" for the entire duration?

Yes, every tick procs on-hit effects, like Thorns or Corrupting Blood. Reflect is also pretty terrifying, as with any skill that does insane amounts of damage.

Would it be possible to make the skill effect continue after the monster dies? It's kind of a shame that such a good skill can only be used effectively against bosses, especially considering how many other good vaal skills there are (vaal spark, vaal ground slam, etc.) that work for both bosses and aoe.
Just tried this with Fortify, and was very, very happy with the result (constant refresh). Intended? Who knows...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info