Vaal Lightning Warp

Especially since they don't charge on summoned monsters.

One use on the oversoul, and even if you kill all his minions, it won't charge up again.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
Does the game do anything? I tested it on a map and while leveling up an unused slot it didn't do anything.
After further testing:

Still not worth it. I'm very dissapointed. I love using this skill; monster manipulation is a lot of fun. Unfortunately it's just too difficult to use. Charge up is short by Vaal Gem standards, but still to long to be a meaningful kiting aid. With no stored charges either, low damage and only momentary CC, it's really not worth it. If it teleported monsters away and also rooted them for two secs or something, it might be worth keeping around as an "oh ----" button. The casting delay based on distance forces you to use it no more then half a screen away if you are trying to get monsters off your hide- and with no other CC effect, that's not far enough.

As it stands it's just a (admittedly fun) gimmick without a worthy use. It's got a mixture of minor flaws combining to take away all it's potential.
This is a mediocre Vaal skill. Good Vaal skills do one of two things: either help deal with powerful threats by killing them quickly, or help deal with them by providing some form of defense or utility. The ability to move monsters to any position of your choosing is some very strong utility.

The only thing holding this skill back is its small radius of effect. It should be buffed to effect pretty much every monster within sight range, reliably moving everything where you want it to go.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
This is a mediocre Vaal skill. Good Vaal skills do one of two things: either help deal with powerful threats by killing them quickly, or help deal with them by providing some form of defense or utility. The ability to move monsters to any position of your choosing is some very strong utility.

The only thing holding this skill back is its small radius of effect. It should be buffed to effect pretty much every monster within sight range, reliably moving everything where you want it to go.

I agree this is a good suggestion.
This vaal gem really needs a buff.

Maybe make it like this.

Half the needed souls and make it store 2 uses but change to this:

First Cast: You target in a small area the monster under your mouse curser

Second Cast: You teleport the target Monsters to the point under your mouse curser. If there are other Monsters they will switch places with the monster targeted with the first cast.

There should be a maximum range you can teleport, maybe 0.75-1screens.

edit: higher cast speed would be nice too with that mechanic, because you need to cast two times.

edit2: You could switch First and Second cast too if you want, so you target the point you wanna teleport them and then target the monster.
IGN: kReiZy
Last edited by sYkoDe4d on Oct 3, 2014, 9:27:25 PM
simple fix:

instead of teleporting nearby mobs to the cursor just teleport all mobs in radius X like 2X-3X away WITHOUT need to aim. this implies increased radius and makes this gem much easier to use. it isnt damaging skill - it is defensive skill. these should not be required to be aimed.

ive tried to use this both offensively and defensively - offensively it kinda worked only when it crit (like pretty much everything..) and only when one big pack got teleported on top of another big pack. sadly - this VERY rarely happens in practice as mobs clump and me having 100% pierce crit spark kinda killed everything anyway

deffensively - not reliable (souls availability + can be stunned + very small initial AOE)
This skill feels really confusing and bad until you figure it out, and then it still feels clunky (at best) in most situations. If the intent of this skill was to provide a defensive warp, here are a few ideas for making it feel a lot better:

1: Increase the area of the mob-grab to 150% it's current size or so, and allow a few charges of the skill to be stored.

2: Increase the area of the mob-grab with gem level.

3: Don't expand the stored charge if no mob would be teleported.

Any of these, I think, would help make the skill feel like it's worth using (or at least make it so that players getting exposed to the skill for the first time don't have the impression that it literally does nothing but play an animation).

If the intent of this skill wasn't a defensive warp, I'd really like to hear how it was intended to be used.
http://www.twitch.tv/exhortatory
Please post new feedback for this skill gem here - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2160143
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info