Summon Raging Spirit

"
Poizie123 wrote:
currently lvl 53 and have been lvling with them...if u have the gear to 6 link and the mana to support them id compare it to lvling with facebreaker+IB...using 6l searing touch with (spirits/multistrike/melee splash/faster attacks/minion damage/increase duration).

not sure how to calculate dps but when i hit merciless at 49 i killed hillock before he used his heal if that helps at all

only aura im running is clarity

so far im enjoying it but plan to go with summons once im high enough to use my gems

6 link equipment at level 49... yes, the game is going to be easy mode.
"
While melee attackers ignore the spirits and ground affects do nothing to the spirits, the spirits do have life and can be targeted, damaged, and killed by ranged attackers and non-ground AoE spam.

So what does "Enemies cannot directly engage these spirits" mean? I thought this means they cannot be attacked...

Still, base duration is too short to make spirits worth the effort imo
Maybe linking it to spell totem would help, but i didnt have opportunity to do so
Nothing here
"
trolldemort wrote:
"
While melee attackers ignore the spirits and ground affects do nothing to the spirits, the spirits do have life and can be targeted, damaged, and killed by ranged attackers and non-ground AoE spam.

So what does "Enemies cannot directly engage these spirits" mean? I thought this means they cannot be attacked...

Maybe linking it to spell totem would help, but i didnt have opportunity to do so

they cant target the spirits and attack them directly...but can indirectly hit them

Yo dawg...

We are adding a new skill. Description says they can't be targeted, but they in fact can. It levels up and stuff but even we don't know what those levels do either.

And don't you dare ask common sense relevant questions; or else we will pretend its raise spectre and fill the tooltip with useless and misleading information you definitely can't use.

Because let's face it. Information is this games commodity. Our game is so complicated we don't even know how stuff works. So if you figure stuff out don't share it, because in a system this complicated you will inadvertedly mix and match overpowered combinations that we will nerf. Just pretend you are just as confused as everyone else and abuse those overpowered combinations for months while we may or may not get around to balancing it.
IGN: Narbays
And this game isn't some niche alpha anymore with a small group of supporter. That excuse got all used up.

Now its a very profitable venture with MILLIONS of players. Their is no excuse for this incredibly convoluted/confusing systems upon systems of shit piled on top of each other.

People would love to theory craft for you
, you just have to take the first step and clearly tell us the basics.
IGN: Narbays
I don't mean to sound like a dick but... come on GGG the game isn't in beta any more. Why are you releasing skills that have almost zero information displayed to the player. I loled when I saw the wiki page because the lvl progression just makes it cost more mana haha.
"
narbays wrote:
Yo dawg...

We are adding a new skill. Description says they can't be targeted, but they in fact can. It levels up and stuff but even we don't know what those levels do either.

And don't you dare ask common sense relevant questions; or else we will pretend its raise spectre and fill the tooltip with useless and misleading information you definitely can't use.

Because let's face it. Information is this games commodity. Our game is so complicated we don't even know how stuff works. So if you figure stuff out don't share it, because in a system this complicated you will inadvertedly mix and match overpowered combinations that we will nerf. Just pretend you are just as confused as everyone else and abuse those overpowered combinations for months while we may or may not get around to balancing it.

Such snark, 10/10 would rage again.

One'd think you guys at GGG would figure how to provide at least some more summoner skill information during these several years of the game's development ;).
"
Poizie123 wrote:
"
trolldemort wrote:
"

they cant target the spirits and attack them directly...but can indirectly hit them

I'm telling you, the spirits can be directly targeted. Go find some trash mob archers in Ledge and test it yourself. Don't forget to turn on "Ally Life Bars" so that you can see the spirits take damage as the archers target and shoot the spirits.
Last edited by Galtrovan on Feb 7, 2014, 8:32:03 AM
"
Galtrovan wrote:

I'm telling you, the spirits can be directly targeted. Go find some trash mob archers in Ledge and test it yourself. Don't forget to turn on "Ally Life Bars" so that you can see the spirits take damage as the archers target and shoot the spirits.

just did this and the only time the spirits were attacked was when I was the one being shot at...when i was out of range they were never hit once

made a vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTMERBEANeA&feature=youtu.be
Last edited by Poizie123 on Feb 7, 2014, 11:12:54 AM
"
Poizie123 wrote:
"
Galtrovan wrote:

just did this and the only time the spirits were attacked was when I was the one being shot at...when i was out of range they were never hit once

made a vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTMERBEANeA&feature=youtu.be

Interesting that the archers ignore the spirits when your character is out of targeting range. But when in targeting range, the archers do shoot the spirits, and from my experience continue to shoot the spirits even when I move so that the spirits are no longer between me and the archers. If I were actually the target and the spirits were being hit simply because they were in the path of the arrows aimed at me, then when I moved so that this was no longer true the archers should turn to continue shooting at me, but from what I have experienced this does not happen. The archers stay focused on the spirits. Granted, 3.5 seconds is not a lot of time to move, and every new cast would put a new spirit between me and the archer, so maybe I imagined the spirits being targeted. I will definitely pay attention to this the next time I get to play. I'll link an increased duration gem, cast a spirit, and then maneuver to put the archers between me and the spirit. If the archers do a 180 turn and shoot me I'll have my answer.

Thanks for the video.
Last edited by Galtrovan on Feb 7, 2014, 12:29:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info