Arc

One of four atziri with mirror, reflect. So arc chain, cant evade reflect. My 32k self cast arc, 81% lighting resist, 5.5k ES one shot me. Only change spell or totem.
IGN: Aqur
"
One of four atziri with mirror, reflect. So arc chain, cant evade reflect. My 32k self cast arc, 81% lighting resist, 5.5k ES one shot me. Only change spell or totem.

Well, Voltaxic is one way around that. :D

[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
high spellblock + alchemist keystone + purity makes me not worry about the reflect.

the echo roots me though, so it can be somewhat dangerous.
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383
killing atziri with arc, np
3k hp, no es lvl 20 purity + flask
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvN345RBaQo
vaal pact works perfectly on these situations.
you can also do mana/hp management for divination flask pop, reflect just becomes a joke.
I have a question about Arc. If this isn't the proper place to ask, or I failed at using the search function, I'm sorry.

Now Arc has the 50% damage effectiveness-thing that affects your passive-, item- and gem-increasing damage. Now does it interact with lowering resistances?

As far as I know, you can curse mobs to negative resistance, thereby making them weak to lightning. Is the increased damage they'd take from lightning affected by Arc's "50% less damage" or not?

My thought is that it shouldn't, since it's not increasing the amount of damage Arc is doing, but rather increase the amount of damage the mob is taking, which different. Am I correct in this, and, as a follow-up question, is that why most Arc'ers I see run dual curses?
"
Now Arc has the 50% damage effectiveness-thing that affects your passive-, item- and gem-increasing damage. Now does it interact with lowering resistances?

Damage Effectiveness only applies to flat Damage, it does not affect Damage multipliers or Resistance modifications.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"

Damage Effectiveness only applies to flat Damage, it does not affect Damage multipliers or Resistance modifications.

Thank you very much. I may have played more than 200 hours, but I'm in many ways a newbie.
Imo the damage effectiveness on arc should be 100%. Originally arc (50% effectiveness) did roughly halve the damage per hit of storm call (100% effectiveness). Then arc got buffed by 60% and later on nerfed by 15%, so it's now doing similar damage per hit as storm call, but damage effectiveness is still 50%.

I also feel that arc is now a bit to weak when compared to other alternatives, changing damage effectiveness to 100% would put it back where it should be.
"
RunawayFixer wrote:
ark too weak

Now that is a first.
"
Xenefungus wrote:
"
RunawayFixer wrote:
ark too weak

Now that is a first.

Arc has somewhat lower raw damage output compared to many other skills but its selling point is the strong skill mechanic. By that i mean the fact that Arc works well in all stages of the game without the need of any specific support gems like for example Freezing Pulse that really needs some form of multiple projectile support to shine.
The fact that the number of chains scales with level make it a great and intuitively usable skill with a very straightforward mechanic. At higher skill levels it even becomes rather strong against small groups of mobs due to the chance to shock and hit a single mob twice or even three times in rare cases, which gives Arc good clearspeed even though its raw damage output isn't very high.

It makes for one of the best beginner caster skills due to its strong mechanic and one can rather easily make a viable and decent build around it while it requires some knowledge and a lot more investment to make it really powerful.
Taking all these things into account i would say that Arc is in a pretty good spot right now and all future adjustments will probably be in a rather small scale of < +-10%.
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info