Animate Guardian

The skill is fine.

If you don't like it don't use it.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
It isn't fine. It could definitely use a few tweaks.

Some things I'd like to see:

1. Being able to use unidentified blue items on it would be nice. Don't give it the benefits of the mods, but let us slap that gear on him as if it were white. Most of us let blue gear rot anyway, and we're not going to waste wisdom scrolls identifying them, so why not let the AG benefit? And if that's too big of a hassle code-wise, well, ID it for him as he puts it on. Not like we'll know what benefit he's getting. (At the very least, they need to fix the wording there, as it says he can't use un-ID'd weapons, rather than items).

It sucks when you've got an area littered with items, and you can't gear him up or heal him because most of it is blue.

2. It'd be nice if he could use jewelry and belts. If not for wearing, then at least to heal him.

3. He needs to be able to dual wield 1h weapons. Currently he can't. If that off-hand is empty and you give him a second weapon, let him use it in that empty off-hand.

4. Vary his AI a bit based on weapon load-out. If he's got a shield, shorten his leash. Keep him a bit close to the player, protecting him. And if he's got a 2H or DW (if he could actually do that), then he can be aggressive like he is now.
Last edited by Mudpony on Dec 17, 2014, 4:26:36 AM
"
Mokihiki wrote:
The skill is fine.

what a very constructive and .. you know what fuck sarcasm this is a dumb post and you should be ashamed

If you want to say it is fine , then address the concerns , otherwise go away
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Dec 17, 2014, 7:49:11 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
Mokihiki wrote:
The skill is fine.

what a very constructive and .. you know what fuck sarcasm this is a dumb post and you should be ashamed

The concerns being items getting consumed on death? That's a core mechanic, like Storm Call dealing delayed damage or Spark flying around randomly. People like different things so why not use a skill that's appealing?

How constructive is it to repeatedly complain that a skill designed to appeal to people who enjoy risk management has a high amount of risk involed?

Yeah the AI is weird. It's still "fine" dispite this though, as I've posted about in a more constructive manner several times before in this thread.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
Something being a 'core mechanic' doesn't actually address whether it's a good idea or not, it's just stating the obvious.

And on average, risk is ideally balanced out by roughly equivalent reward. The reward end of this skill is, as with many of the game's clunkier skills, kind of lacking for the trouble and risk required to use it in a build.
"
Mokihiki wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
Mokihiki wrote:
The skill is fine.

The concerns being items getting consumed on death? That's a core mechanic, like Storm Call dealing delayed damage or Spark flying around randomly. People like different things so why not use a skill that's appealing?

How constructive is it to repeatedly complain that a skill designed to appeal to people who enjoy risk management has a high amount of risk involed?

Yeah the AI is weird. It's still "fine" dispite this though, as I've posted about in a more constructive manner several times before in this thread.

then post the link, or dont post at all,

And i fail to see how having a skill as a 1 link to minionlife which spends the entirety of its life being that thing you put leercast and dying breath on or that thing you use to not get one shot by multistrike items in pvp is good.

how would you know it was designed for people who like risk management?

there is an entire optional game type for that crap . it is called hardcore. And at-least with hardcore i can quote a dev saying it is designed to be for those who want risk.

the guardian not so much , because you know what reality is? reality is that no one is willing to put anything of value on the guardian because of that risk. Ive seen maybe 5 people put something worth more than an exa on a guardian, that guardian is also dead and they dont care because they were all rich.

how many people do you know that arent wealthier than god would seriously consider using guardians as a core damage skill with items they would consider valuable.

and no having 3 chaos worth of gimmicky uniques so you can get a 30% increased damage mod for your REAL skills is not a convincing argument.

that is like saying sweep is a fine skill because it is a decent method of applying curse on hit to things.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Dec 17, 2014, 3:40:12 PM
Does anyone know how to use animate guardian on a PVP only guy, since you cant drop item on ground in h/o or during dueling

If I use 1 toon to summon animate guardian and then transfer the gem to PvP only char, would it the PvP only char be able to use the animate guardian summoned by my first toon?

Thanks
Green_honey_boo_boo is my favourite south park character!

My Goddess Scorned crit ele cleave build @ 1076445
thats.... actually a really good question.
"
turtleken wrote:
If I use 1 toon to summon animate guardian and then transfer the gem to PvP only char, would it the PvP only char be able to use the animate guardian summoned by my first toon?
No. AG is bound to character, not to gem.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
thanks sil

now back to my original point, how do I use animate guardian on my pvp only toon???
Green_honey_boo_boo is my favourite south park character!

My Goddess Scorned crit ele cleave build @ 1076445

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info